Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

I'm asking a lot of questions lately but, how many episodes are there in Azumanga Daioh? I'm getting about 26 but that doesn't seem right, specially FMA with 51, eyeshield 21 with 62, and more but this discussion has been had.

That's right, there's only 26 episodes of Azumanga Daioh. It's not that unusual, Evangelion is 26 episodes long. So's Escaflowne... Trigun... its a typical one series run.

Although one thing that is unusual about Azumanga Daioh's episode count? There's actually 130 episodes :D they were originally aired in 130 five-minute long episodes and later put together as 26 (they were compiled at weekends into 25 minute runs, like a soap omnibus - but making sense individually) interesting eh?

Guest Stefkov

That is pretty wierd. Good to know I don't have to go scouting for more episodes after I have it, unlike Eyeshiled 21. I got up to episode 50 something and had to find the rest seperately.

Not counting shounen, pretty much every anime is 26 episodes long, as this means it lasts for half a year if an episode is broadcast every week. The only non-shounen exceptions I can currently think of are Suzumiya Haruhi, Honey and Clover series 2, and Elfen Lied. And they're all significantly less than 26 episodes.

Grenadier, Chobits, Full Metal Panic!, Onegai Teacher, Xenosaga spring to mind as anime I've seen that are under 26 episodes. And some that are over, like GTO and Eureka Seven (I guess you would consider as shounen, but they're not long running series). Then there's stuff that was released in OVA, like FLCL at just 6 eps =)

Japanese popularity/new show rankings

1. Lucky Star

2. Hayate no Gotoku

3. Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

4. Nanoha StrikerS

5. Xenoglossia

6. Seto no Hanayome

7. Nagasarete Airantou

8. Polyphonic

9. Darker than Black

10. Gigantic

11. Claymore

12. Heroic Age

13. KISS DUM

14. El Cazador

15. Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo

16. Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo

17. To(ward the) Terra

18. Kamichama Karin

19. Gegege no Kitarou

20. sola

21. Overdrive

22. (Can't read it)

23. Blue Dragon

24. Shining

25. Romance of the Three Kingdoms(?)

26. Hitohira

27. Romeo x Juliet

28. (Something) no Mamoribito

29. Big Edo Rocket

30. Lovely Complex

31. Maimero Sukkiri

32. Saint Beast(?)

33. (?)

34. Sisters of Wellber

35. Kaze no Shoujo Emily

36. (Something)-cloud Story

37. Keitai Shoujo

38. Taatorozu(?)

39. Robbie and Keropi

40. Sugarpanese(?)

Guest Stefkov

So....can anyone explain to me what Azumanga Daioh is all about...?

That song, the song she sings when she cooks. Kawaii? I feel strange.

So....can anyone explain to me what Azumanga Daioh is all about...?

That song, the song she sings when she cooks. Kawaii? I feel strange.

I didn't like the first episode. The second one, where Ayumu is introduced is brilliant and everyone is hooked by episode 4.

What's it about? Nothing. It's the Seinfeld of anime. It is very, very funny and overflowing with charm. It's my favourite anime by miles.

EDIT- Actually, Wikipedia said it better than I ever could:

Andrew Shelton from Anime Meta explains that "The character of the girls (the only male is the rather creepy Kimura-sensei who has a, thankfully, minor role) is extremely well brought out. The superb observation, and ability to capture expression, makes the anime incredibly fun to watch in addition to meeting the story requirements. The action, and very rich comedy, are also wonderfully represented. There is just so much meaning, and charm, in even the most minor of expressions." The licensed manga had sales that reached top 100 lists on occasions and was included in the top 25 manga recommended by International Correspondence in Retailers Guide to Anime/Manga.

Guest Stefkov
Wow, seriously, it's by FLOW? I thought I recognised it. FLOW did Eureka SeveN's first OP as well as a track for the e7 game.

This says they did

I need to get more songs by some artist. Do people get it off websites or wire of lime?

Guest Stefkov

Me? Naruto?

101, gotta wait to get it first though. :p

PS (not again :P) Will Bleach ever end? Trying to get up in that while others are going on will be wierd. If it ends then I can wait till others end or something then watch it all

Guest Stefkov

I wanna buy the Naruto Manga from Amazon. Only £4 for the first volume, and I think the same for the rest of them.

I'm gonna get it

Damnit I just put the first 4 (:( ) in my basket. Why is it so easy over the internet :cry:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!