N-Europe

Official Wii Boxart Thread

AshMat

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the monkey ball one is very nice.

and out of the zelda ones... i prefer the black one!!!

but then again, have a look at this little pic thats on the ign site. this too it being passed off as boxart...

zeldatpfrontboxart_160w.jpg

Link (pardon the pun)

and THIS looks so much better. the wii logo across the top is nicer too!

Red Steel:

Redsteel4.jpg

SpongeBob:

SpongeBob_Wii_Boxart.jpg

Is that Red Steel boxart official? I don't like it, looks amateurish mainly due to the fact the tip of the sword goes right down to the edge, there should be a small gap between the tip of the sword and the edge. It could also be that due to resizing etc, the slight bluriness makes it look less desirable compared to the Spongbob box art which is obviously a Hi Res pic.

I prefer the Spongebob box art of the two, just personal opinion though.

Is that Red Steel boxart official? I don't like it, looks amateurish mainly due to the fact the tip of the sword goes right down to the edge, there should be a small gap between the tip of the sword and the edge. It could also be that due to resizing etc, the slight bluriness makes it look less desirable compared to the Spongbob box art which is obviously a Hi Res pic.

I prefer the Spongebob box art of the two, just personal opinion though.

I think the Red Steel one looks horrid and the Spongebob one is fantstic. All boxarts should be like that. I also hate the Twilight Princess boxart. What is it with me and boxarts? I loved MKDS which most people said was one of the worst boxarts ever.

I like all boxarts really. I cant remember any that made me say, 'wtf is that!?!'

I liked the mario kart one. so simple, it mario in a kart....how easy woud that be for parents and such to find the game their son had been moaning about for ages.

I live the Zelda one loads. It suits the actual graphics of the game and the feeling that you get when watching videos. that kind of mature feeling.

meh

This thread really needed "Official" didn't it..

I think it's a bit sub standard, but if it's in a white case (probably already mentioned) then it could look very stylish indeed.

Generally Nintendo Europe has the best box-art for DS games, so we can probably expect something similar.

Also where is the Nintendo license badge? every game I have has the red Nintendo embossed on the front, perhaps Nintendo has stopped all that licensed by Nintendo crap which turned off publishers from the Cube.

This thread really needed "Official" didn't it..

Thats what I thought...but obviously reggie came into the n-e forums and approved the launch of this thread.

As for the boxarts, spongebob looks great. A refined and complete design. Its everything it needs to be. Red Steel looks like some random got into photoshop when he didn't have any design skills to begin with. Not very professional at all. incomplete. If thats the real boxart ill eat my hat. And I have one of those jebadiah springfield type hats with the racoon on top. I got it from canada.

Haha the marvel one looks crap because it so obviously wasn't designed for the Wii boxart. I pray to god that isn't the red steel boxart as it looks atrocious. Why does it have the Nintendo logo on the bottom when the rest of the 3rd party games don't? Sign of the fakeness? Obviously the best one so far is SMB, but where is the professer monkey?