NEurope
OVERLORD

Wii don't need no HD! COD3. Enjoy.

Get real!

Even off screen they look better than mag scans presented recently!

All I see is a low detailed tree.

And look :D the game has real time weapon change.

Shoot your enemies in the head for massive damage.

IO don't know, i may get this, probably when it comes down in price.

It's looking good. :) The explosion and smoke effects are nice.

I don't own a COD game, but I did try a demo on the PC and enjoyed it. So I might consider this sometime in the future.

Looks very good!

lol... it looks like CoD1, and gamecube could play this..

Just look at the bushes when he walks through them, nottin but pixels 'n blocks.

OK.

1) It's looks very good

2) It looks complete utter shite.

Take your pick at what opinion, you want mine to be! That way, eveyone is happy!

;)

Opinions on the Wii's graphics always seem to go from one extreme to the other. :P

"It sucks! It's not even PS1/N64/Gamecube quality!" (just quoting in general from several threads I have read through)

I know the Wii is no PS3 or 360, but I'm satisfied with the graphics so far (besides, in my personal opinion, I think the art direction is more important than photorealistic stuff). It's important to remember that what we are watching are videos of WORKS IN PROGRESS. A month back, people were complaining about Red Steel. Now they say it looks great.

COD3 is no exception. It's a work in progress. Placeholder textures and stuff. Plus, it's not healthy to keep looking at the grass on the other side of the fence ("the grass on the other side is always greener").

As long as Wii looks good, with smooth framerates, I'm happy. :)

The youtube version doesn't nearly look as good as the other one. I would highly recomend watching the "real deal"

They have taken down the big 330 meg one which showed it off well. The graphics are great considering the way you can fly throught the level with quick turns

does not look very impressive to me, like gamecube graphics. resi 4 and metroid prime have better graphics

Yes But Resident Evil 4 graphics are pre-rendered. Plus Capcom was working on the Resident Evil 4 engine for years!

Yes But Resident Evil 4 graphics are pre-rendered.

Errr, no they weren't.

RE-makes surroundings were pre-rendered, RE4 was entirely in-game.

Yes But Resident Evil 4 graphics are pre-rendered. Plus Capcom was working on the Resident Evil 4 engine for years!

RE4 was all realtime 3D dude!

Putting the graphics aside (cos they do kinda suck at the moment) I would love to try it out. It's just I love CoD2 (on my pc) so much that I don't think it will beat it. I'm not looking forward to the 360/PS3 versions though as I've played the older console versions (on Xbox) and they were awful. Infinite Ward I hope are working on an expansion to CoD2 :love:

Ok first off i'm not one of those graphics whores who knows everything about how graphics work and all that, so bare with me.

I'm pretty sure RES4 (backgrounds/scenery) is pre rendered, i'm pretty certain of this because if you try and interact with the environment i.e shoot something like a wall or something in the scenery, the bullet will just go straight though it!

It won't even leave bullet marks or anything. Yes I know the character models, enemies, and anything else you can interact with is IN-GAME graphics, i'm just saying i'm pretty certain the scenery is pre-rendered.

But as I said before, i'm not really a graphics person.

It's amazing how FPS look much more fun on Wii, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back.

It's amazing how FPS look much more fun on Wii, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back.

Yeah!! How the hell am i going to enjoy a game like Halo 3 with 2 joysticks, after i play an FPS on Wii? Afters seeing this and MP3, the dual analog stick setup looks like a joke.

I'v still many doubts about the control scheme. I can't play a game using the 2 joystiqs. That's a fact. But this is not looking much better. Maybe it's just me because I love the mouse-keyboard setup for FPS and I have to try playing wii. But it is not appealing to me... (the same goes to red steel - and Metroid in a lesser extent but the new expert controls turned it much better)

I really want this to turn a good game cause I loved both CoD 1 and 2 for PC, but it needs to have perfect controlls.

IMO :yay:

For some reason..(it must be just me, it must be) the graphics looks more well...realistic? Perhaps it's because there not shiny, but to me it looks more real, Espicially the third pic?

It's better running, i reckon. :wink:

So graphics are important to alot of people then? I've kinda stopped myself from giving my opinion on Wii graphics in the past, because this isn't what the consoles all about. I understand you wanting better looking games though, contridicting myself entirely, i do hope companies try and put as much effort in as possible in the graphics department. To me, COD3 on Wii looks good, though.

The screenshots are taken from low resolution footage. They do not do the game justice. See a higher quality video of the game in motion and it will look a lot better. Keep up the good work!