Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-ordered mine at Gamestation yesterday during a break at University. Chose Gamestation because I thought they'd have less of a queue and they're better for trade-ins if I wanted to get some extra cash that way.

After reading the terms and conditions and handing over £20 deposit I place my pre-order. Number 28!! For a Nintendo console where pre-orders have been available for a few days with the console months away, I thought that was quite impressive. Just hope I get one now.

preordered mine today at gamestation so hopfully should be fine for launch, what my plan is to get outsite the store an hour or so before it opens so i am one of teh first there as there may be a chance according to the worker at gamestation it could become first come first served for those who have preordered the console

I 'registered' my interest at one of the 20 Game's in Leicester; there were about 9 people above me on the list.

What supposed to happen is the head office will ring in a week or so and give me a number i.e. 10. I go to the store put my deposit down. And if the store get 12 Wii's I'll get one on the first day. If they get 9 I'll have to wait for the second batch!

Originally Posted by Mike

I preordered a Wii from my GameStation this weekend, and I was 8th on their list. I'd assume that they'd get at least eight machines in on launch day, so I'm pretty confident I'll get it on day one, as was the shop assistant who served me.

Yeah this is what i thought, i'm third. So surely they will get 3?

Umm, it all depends really. With the DS, I had it that I was one of the first from the store I use (GAME in Oxford) to preorder, but that didnt matter oh so much, it was more of a "the first people that turn up get them" basis. It wasnt done by who made the pre-orders first at all. We'll have to see come the day, but I honestly dont know if that's what this will come down to.

As for the Gamestation v Gamestop v GAME issue...

Well really, I prefer GAME cause I know the people in there, and theyre biased towards me :p. If I buy in bulk, and ask nicely (Im sure someone else has this too), I get things for cheap.

Gamestation for trade-ins are GREAT though. I remember taking back some games to GAME and getting £52, taking them just 3 doors down to Gamestation and getting £79 for them.

As for Gamestop, I really dont know, we dont have one down here :(.

At Gamestation consoles will be handed out according to who pre-ordered first. So if a store gets 70 Wii consoles the first 70 people who pre-ordered will get one from that first delivery. This means there's no real pressure to attend a midnight launch (unless you want to, since they are great fun) to pick up your console since they hold it for you for 72 hours.

Just clearing that up. So yes the two posters who are #3 and #8 at their local stores will be getting a console at launch.

Penny-Arcade forums user Lewiep has found two discount coupons for Littlewoods online store. First gives 30 £ discount from product's retail price and second gives 20 percent discount from the price that first coupon reduced. I'm not sure how long they will work, but they might be worth of trying for UK users.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073834147

Second post from the top. With these coupons you can get Wii console, Rayman Raving Rabids, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz and extra Wii remote for just 225 pounds.

I really doubt you'll have to get there 3 hours early to get one...

You think?

Im just a bit hesitant that there might be some major NINTENDOIDS that will take them all up, and while they are fans of the company etc, I havent had a ninty home console since N64 and would like the Wii to be MY FIRST launch day console ever!

BTW, I decided to drop this message here also. It is Amazon's official statement about last friday's Wii pre-orders:

"For a brief period on Friday, we did offer pre-orders for the Wii, however, the rate at which pre-orders came in dramatically outpaced what we had anticipated, so we suspended pre-orders until we are able to get a firmer commitment from Nintendo regarding how many units we'll have for sale.

Because the pre-order window was so brief, the e-mail many of you signed up for notifying you that pre-orders were available was never triggered to send out. We apologize and have fixed the system to ensure pre-order e-mail notifications are sent in advance."

This also means people should watch co.uk's situation closely, if they want to pre-order their console from there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/discussionboard/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_td_sa/002-3574020-2464046?ie=UTF8&cdForum=&cdPage=1&cdItems=3&asin=B0009VXBAQ&store=electronics&cdThread=Tx3TV0UCIFW8EE8

I thinks as far as outselling goes, the Wii will outsell. Why? Because with the lack of PS3's (no release), and the Xbox 360 being older now, we're looking at a brand new fresh console. A lot of people are interested esp since E3, so we're looking at a lot of people now wanting SOME form of console...spare money from no PS3 = Wii and a few games. Well ok...more than a few.

As for first come first serve, Im expecting GAME to be like that...shucks.

Also, I read that Nintendo havnt allocated the stock yet to specific places. They're gonna have meetings with the retailers from Europe in October, so there's a chance GAME (as they only go from stock allocation) wont be preordering until then.

Im gonna go to Gamestation this Friday, and Im gonna see what the situation is there...

And you're right Kazzah, midnight launches really are fun XD.

Penny-Arcade forums user Lewiep has found two discount coupons for Littlewoods online store. First gives 30 £ discount from product's retail price and second gives 20 percent discount from the price that first coupon reduced. I'm not sure how long they will work, but they might be worth of trying for UK users.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073834147

Second post from the top. With these coupons you can get Wii console, Rayman Raving Rabids, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz and extra Wii remote for just 225 pounds.

.... WHAT!!! I know where I'm getting mine from now :D Thanks Teppo!

So who else is getting theres from here?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!