NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

http://www.play3k.com have this written on their website:

Wii Pre Order Update

Posted on 13th November 2006

As of writing we only have two Wii consoles left for which we can guarantee delivery on launch day. Get your pre order in now before it's too late!

The second delivery of consoles is currently scheduled for 12th December, for which we have a confirmed and guaranteed allocation. There is expected to be a further delivery before Christmas.

Currently, allocations for games and accessories have not yet been confirmed to ourselves, or any other retailers. As soon as we receive our allocation figures we will be in a position to confirm pre orders for these items.

Although we cannot guarantee delivery on launch day for pre orders taken after our allocation has sold out, customer cancellations and problems debiting card payments may result in more becoming available on launch. We would advise getting in the queue as early as possible, as orders are processed on a strictly first come, first served basis!

Although to be honest I'm not really sure if you can rely on this websites delivery services. I ordered an xbox game from their on friday morning, and despite my card being approved etc... it is still yet to be dispatched despite them saying items are dispatched with 24-48 hours. I did have a preorder with them as a back up, but gonna hold out for amazon instead now.

The quote however does shed some light on when 2nd shipments of the wii could take place.

I contacted Gameplay about the preorders of the Wii and when they will be sending out emails to confirm who has got one. The guy said they still dont know their allocation yet but the emails should be sent out in under 2 weeks.

Wow, good to know we'll find out like a week before its due out, when its too late to get it anywhere else

http://www.woolworths.co.uk

Guaranteed Wii on launch... as it says on the front page!

im not sure about woolies, they have just revamped all their home delivery service, you can imagine a big launch like this having a few teething problems.

I contacted Gameplay about the preorders of the Wii and when they will be sending out emails to confirm who has got one. The guy said they still dont know their allocation yet but the emails should be sent out in under 2 weeks.

We all know for a fact that they are not telling the truth.. every man and his dog knows how many Wii's there getting.. i just dont know why there not telling anyone.

We all know for a fact that they are not telling the truth.. every man and his dog knows how many Wii's there getting.. i just dont know why there not telling anyone.

It may be none at all....just have to wait and see!

Also Gameplay stated that you would have to wait till next March to get a Wii from them if you don't recieve one at launch. Although i think thats the worst case scenario, many are saying there is a second shipment in December....

It may be none at all....just have to wait and see!

Also Gameplay stated that you would have to wait till next March to get a Wii from them if you don't recieve one at launch. Although i think thats the worst case scenario, many are saying there is a second shipment in December....

I personaly pre-orderd from them and im slightly pissed off that they just dont want to say how many there getting... when shops like Argos, Woolworths, Game and even Amazon know how many they will be getting.

I personaly pre-orderd from them and im slightly pissed off that they just dont want to say how many there getting... when shops like Argos, Woolworths, Game and even Amazon know how many they will be getting.

Very true. I should be alright as I preordered as soon as they came online and I also got a Wii preordered at GAME website. My mate has 2 preordered aswell just in case.

this isn't true!!! I've written loads of times individual stores may not know, at my HMV branch i work at we don't know yet how many we are getting.

"I personaly pre-orderd from them and im slightly pissed off that they just dont want to say how many there getting... when shops like Argos, Woolworths, Game and even Amazon know how many they will be getting."

Hopefully we'll know any day now. I'll ask about it later on, just to see what is going on.

At least we dont get PS3 pre-order questions anymore.:smile:

I was looking at the Amazon email and it says they are accepting pre-orders "during business hours". I sent them an email asking when they start, got a reply basically saying they start accepting pre-orders at the stroke of midnight.

Christ they stay open forever. If this has already been said = Blow me.

I'm going with amazon. Me suspects pre-orders will sell out within hours so I'm gonna have to stay up all night until they start.

No that's not true and not everywhere knows their allocation and there not telling anyone because they don't know.

If they knew their allocation then they would want to tell everyone because of all the questions they get asked.

Can sombody who has had more experiance at this kind of thing link me to some website that have a decent chance of delivery on the 8th. I was looking at Curries but im not sure. There is always amazon....

Amazon are like Gameplay in the way they don't take your money until it's dispatched, right?

If so i'm going to preorder as soon as they go up, as my Gameplay preorder alone could not be enough and its best to be safe.

I went into Gamestation today and enquired about my Gamestation pre-order. For anyone who wants to know, this is the Gamestation which can be located near Churchill Square down Brighton.

"Hey, i've already pre-ordered a Nintendo Wii and just wanted to know if i'm guaranteed one at launch. I think i'm number 61 on your list."

"Yeah man, you should be in the running to get one. We havent had stock allocations yet, but we're expecting a hundred or so. You should be fine."

"alright, cheers. Are you going to have a midnight launch as well?"

"yeah man! We're going to be open at midnight so just pop in. Nice one."

"ok, thanks, man."

So, that sorta makes me feel at ease.

I went into Gamestation today and enquired about my Gamestation pre-order. For anyone who wants to know, this is the Gamestation which can be located near Churchill Square down Brighton.

"Hey, i've already pre-ordered a Nintendo Wii and just wanted to know if i'm guaranteed one at launch. I think i'm number 61 on your list."

"Yeah man, you should be in the running to get one. We havent had stock allocations yet, but we're expecting a hundred or so. You should be fine."

"alright, cheers. Are you going to have a midnight launch as well?"

"yeah man! We're going to be open at midnight so just pop in. Nice one."

"ok, thanks, man."

So, that sorta makes me feel at ease.

Mine said they were getting less than they expected. But that's mine, so all stores will be different. They told me i'd get a phone call from them when they knew, either to tell me that i will, or won't be getting one.

look at the bottom of this page though!

http://www.247av.com/nintendo-wii-console-p-26561.html

'We recommendBuy Nintendo Wii Console and Kingdom Hearts GameBoy Advance SP Bundle'

sometimes its:

We recommendBuy Nintendo Wii Console and Donky konga super pack bundle'

or

We recommendBuy Nintendo Wii Console and gameboy micro bundle'

they put these items together even though they have virtually nothing in common! its just cause theyre both expensive

Weeks after you lot got your GAME confirmation mine turns up today in the post! Im so happy!! I'm definitely getting a wii :)

Weeks after a lot of you got your GAME confirmation mine turns up today in the post! Im so happy!! I'm definitely getting a wii :)

You get/win everything. This is beyond a joke now!

Meh, well done all you Game pre-orderers.

I seriously doubt Gamestation will ring me, or others for that matter. I think i'm just going to have to turn up and hope for the best. :heh:

I emailed Amazon about when they would start preorders...

Dear customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

We are happy to inform that we accept pre-orders for "Nintendo Wii"

from 09:00 on Tuesday, November 21, 2006. Order early, because the

Wii console will be in very short supply.

We're working closely with Nintendo to maximise the number of

consoles we'll have for launch, and will stop taking pre-orders once

we've pre-sold all the consoles Nintendo allocate to us for release

day. We won't take pre-orders for more consoles than we can supply

for launch day.

Thank you for your interest at Amazon.co.uk.

I'm going to stay up until midnight anyway just incase...