NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Video games rarely sell out, and when they do, it's because they're massively hyped. Zelda isn't anywhere near as hyped as Halo 2 or GTA:SA so don't expect it to sell out.

Not as hyped? Bein living in a cave the last year? Zelda is certainly a hype like Halo 2 or GTA: San Andreas. Perhaps it appears less, but then again there are fewer people for Wii right now. You got the viewpoint all wrong. From possible sales standpoint Zelda is a huge hype, because Nintendo might expect almost every Wii to sell with Zelda. So that's a 100% game, 100% hype, 100% sales.

And for Zelda not having enough copies while Wii Sports Will, well, that could just be true. Wii Sports was finalized a longer time ago, Miyamoto added the finishing touch on Zelda last month (see the 'Iwata asks' interviews on the Wii website). So there was less printing time. I've got my copy reserved - it's never bad to reserve your copy, just to be sure. Can't be wrong, now?

Any idea what time Amazon.co.uk are getting pre-orders up? I know it's this Tuesday (21st) but is it midnight or sometime during the day? I'm kind of going out Monday night for someones birthday so I sadly I can't stay in and find out. Anyone got know somehow, or from past experience of preordering something from there? I have a 5% student discount that would help me nicely. :)

Failing that I'll either preorder from Comet, PC World in store or just go in on the day and hope I can pick one up. I'm getting all my games and equipment from online.

I did have a Wii from play.com but it wasn't guarrented one for launch. =/

Any idea what time Amazon.co.uk are getting pre-orders up? I know it's this Tuesday (21st) but is it midnight or sometime during the day? I'm kind of going out Monday night for someones birthday so I sadly I can't stay in and find out. Anyone got know somehow, or from past experience of preordering something from there? I have a 5% student discount that would help me nicely. :)

Failing that I'll either preorder from Comet, PC World in store or just go in on the day and hope I can pick one up. I'm getting all my games and equipment from online.

I did have a Wii from play.com but it wasn't guarrented one for launch. =/

Amazon have told me twice that they'll start taking preorders at midnight, but they've told other people that they start at 9AM.

I read somewhere that there will be shortages of Wii:Play and Zelda:TTP for the European launch!

Zelda is one of the best game ever made and Nintendo don't make enough of them? right.......

Amazon have told me twice that they'll start taking preorders at midnight, but they've told other people that they start at 9AM.

The pre-order site has it listed as 9am.

It better be at midnight, I have a school to go to at 9 o'clock, and it would be very awkward for me to miss (or be late for) school.

I read somewhere that there will be shortages of Wii:Play and Zelda:TTP for the European launch!

Zelda is one of the best game ever made and Nintendo don't make enough of them? right.......

Sigh. Not another one(1)... Pre-order, guys, it never harms to do that. That's why we have the goddamned topic.

(1) - Perhaps not irony writen over there? In that case, don't take it offensive.

Not as hyped? Bein living in a cave the last year? Zelda is certainly a hype like Halo 2 or GTA: San Andreas.

No it isn't. Nothing you say can change that.

No it isn't. Nothing you say can change that.

Than you are an inreasonable kid. But again, it's your opinion. If you, however, want to keep your eyes shut and look and the world being blind - I've got no problems with that. Just don't come crying when you bump into a wall, will you?

At least you could be reasonable is what I mean and at least you could simple say that another man's opinion isn't so bluntly wrong. I personally think that Zelda is a huge hype. I also personally think it won't be an European hype, since we'll know everything of the game. i'll be eager to play it, though.

^

Informed guess, or idiocy?

Nintendo will mostlikely make the exact same number of copies of Zelda as consoles. So anyone buying one should be fine. My gamestation told me not to pre-order games because they'll be plenty. Stop scare mongering.

Actually, I know the exact numbers that Gamestation are getting for Zelda. Trust me when I say it's not much in the grand scheme of things. Stores like mine will simply not get as many copies of Zelda as they will Wii units (and it's a lot of Wii units).

I understand your comment, but I'm not just being a loon - I actually know what I'm talking about.

I think I will go down to Game and preorder a copy of Zelda. I wasn't gonna bother (because I'm too lazy) but I think I will just to be on the safe side. I wouldn't want to miss out on launch day. That would be a frickin disaster!

I would pre-order Zelda and Wii Play but I really don't think i'll be able to go to my GS before Dec the 8th.

I would pre-order Zelda and Wii Play but I really don't think i'll be able to go to my GS before Dec the 8th.

I wouldn't worry about it, especially as you're going at midnight. I dont think many people will preorder games.

I wouldn't worry about it, especially as you're going at midnight. I dont think many people will preorder games.

True. Me and my mate plan on being the first at Game in the morning to get our Wii's. So hopefully they do have everything we want.

I thought that aswell,and considering how i'll be right at the front of the queue i'll be one of the first in :heh:

I thought that aswell,and considering how i'll be right at the front of the queue i'll be one of the first in :heh:

Yeah, one of the first, but not actually the first. :heh:

I was gonna go to GAME today but i was absolutely tired. I was gonna preorder some games, but then i thought why really and i may need my reward card so i didnt go.

I'll go one day when i can be bothered, and find out if they're doing a midnight launch, if they arent I will be skipping college that day. Well maybe just the mornin but probably all day.

Yeah, one of the first, but not actually the first. :heh:

I'm expecting you to be there first,then me second :)

Then withing a matter of seconds i'll run out the shop to go home.

At the midnight launch other people better bring their DS's for LAN matches.

Pre-order site is Amazon.

Doesn't bother me, I'm not getting it at launch anyway :heh:

Might get it for xmas off the girlfriend.

You do know it comes for free with the console?

I'm expecting you to be there first,then me second :)

Then withing a matter of seconds i'll run out the shop to go home.

At the midnight launch other people better bring their DS's for LAN matches.

Pre-order site is Amazon.

How long does it take you to get there from where you live? I wont have my DS with me, sold it on ebay today. :heh:

I'm a 15-25 min drive away from Stirling,hope there's other people with DS's I want to beat some people at MPH.

Just got this email right this sec from amazon

Dear Nintendo fan,

With its innovative motion-sensing controller and family-fun orientated games, Nintendo's Wii console will revolutionise how we play. You can pre-order yours at Amazon.co.uk from tomorrow, November 21, during business hours (9am - 5pm GMT). We will stop taking pre-orders once we've pre-sold all the consoles Nintendo have allocated to us for release day. Order early to avoid disappointment! If you're not lucky enough to get hold of a Wii in our initial pre-order window, we'll email you when we get more stock in.

UK customers: if you choose First Class delivery, your console should be dispatched in time for delivery on December 8. We will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control. If you choose Free Super Saver Delivery, your console will be delivered 2-5 business days later than December 8.

International customers: we will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control. Please note that a signature will be required for delivery of your Wii.

Read our Nintendo Wii pre-order FAQ

See the launch line-up

Sincerely,

Amazon.co.uk Video Games Team

check out the bold looks like its from 9am