NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

Michael Schumacher is retiring :(

After he won the Italian Grand Prix today, Michael Schumacher announced that he would be retiring from F1 at the end of the season.

I personally found this very sad. IMO he's still the best Racer in the world, and his win today and his performances this season have proved that. More so, he is widely known and has been a fantastic ambassador for the sport, which is why i guess it's so disappointing to see him give up the sport that he loves.

That said, he's won lots of 7 titles already and i guess it's about time he stops racing and gives everyone else a chance to win.

Have a happy retirement Schumacher (after he wins this seasons title of course :D)!!!

Well I would've liked to see him go against Kovalainen next season. But he really was a great racer (and a sort of a cursed name in Finland sometimes ;) )

I hope that he has a happy retirement. But he will probably not give up the sport completely.

So will F1 get good again?

Heh, smooth dante smooth.

Actually this season has been amazing. Schumacher has always been behind alonso (28points at one point) and now it's only 2!

Also, Eddie ervine was great :D

Thank god he's such a prick, bring back the god that was Eddie Irvine

No. Nigel Mansell.

Either way I don't watch F1. Boring as fuck.

Haven't actually kept on eye on formula one recently but I remember this from 2000

And formula 1 isn't ever going to be good unless they give all the drivers the same equipment.

Thank god he's such a prick

Agreed.

Although I don't really follow F1 too much I never liked him.

But maybe that's because the German is the Austrian's natural enemy :D:heh:

Couldn't care less. Lost a lot of respect for this man after that blatant race hijack where he stopped himself in the middle of the track, meaning nobody could get a better lap time.

I bet he was just waiting to win again then quit so he can be undefeated, as recently he hasn't been quite so good.

This is a video of an interview of schumacher after he won at Monza a few years ago. he's crying in the video and most of the interview is missed out as both he and Mika aren't really in a great mood, as a marshall died earlier on the race. The other reason he and Mika are very emotional is that Michael had broken Ayrton Sennas record for the most wins, and Schumacher was just behind Senna before he went into the concrete wall at about 180mph and died (during the San Marino grand prix in 1994).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whG8sDcrMG0&mode=related&search=

The following video is the Senna accident. I decided to watch this today after plucking up the courage to (i ent too good with that type of thing) and I was actually in shock. For the other drivers to see a great man like that is just frightening (hence why I understand Michael crying in the other video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=219v4ZhbiZ0

Agreed.

Although I don't really follow F1 too much I never liked him.

But maybe that's because the German is the Austrian's natural enemy :D:heh:

Oh how come Austria and Germany don't like each other bar like geography and history wait I answered my own question. Well give me other reasons I love to know different peoples views on each other.

And back on topic while contreversial he is undoubtably a legend in F1.

Oh how come Austria and Germany don't like each other bar like geography and history wait I answered my own question. Well give me other reasons I love to know different peoples views on each other.

And back on topic while contreversial he is undoubtably a legend in F1.

Isn't it to do with the first World War?

My history isn't too hot, but I believe that Franz Ferdinand bloke who was assasinated (more or less the catalyst for the war if I'm correct?) was Austrian, was it a German dude who shot him then?

This is a video of an interview of schumacher after he won at Monza a few years ago. he's crying in the video and most of the interview is missed out as both he and Mika aren't really in a great mood, as a marshall died earlier on the race. The other reason he and Mika are very emotional is that Michael had broken Ayrton Sennas record for the most wins, and Schumacher was just behind Senna before he went into the concrete wall at about 180mph and died (during the San Marino grand prix in 1994).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whG8sDcrMG0&mode=related&search=

The following video is the Senna accident. I decided to watch this today after plucking up the courage to (i ent too good with that type of thing) and I was actually in shock. For the other drivers to see a great man like that is just frightening (hence why I understand Michael crying in the other video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=219v4ZhbiZ0

Man thats really sad when Shumucar breaks down and cries. That interviewer jst carrying on and on is bad he seems really unemotional.

Isn't it to do with the first World War?

My history isn't too hot, but I believe that Franz Ferdinand bloke who was assasinated (more or less the catalyst for the war if I'm correct?) was Austrian, was it a German dude who shot him then?

Nah it was a serb that shot him.

Germany was formed at the expense of Austria in 1871 though this could be the cause. And of course Germany annexed Austria in WW2.

Actually it doesn't have anything to do with any of the World Wars - at least not for our generation.

But Austria is pretty tourismn-heavy so to say and Germans make up for a large amount of our tourists. But while the economy is pretty dependant on them the average guy sees every attraction "crawling" with them. There are little towns that have maybe one supermarket but about 10 hotels.

So much for the backstory.

We have the feeling they think they are superior and have to show us how it's done. Somehow as if we were their little unwanted brother.

Then there's the thing (and it's not only Austrians that say that) that they are really direct and if something doesn't please them quickly start to complain. We are more like let's wait and see and if it stays the same then maybe make a faint and friendly complain.

And another thing that's somewhat annoying us. Despite us having the same language we are proud of our dialects - especially in my area we have a very strong dialect - and the Germans hardly have any and sometimes don't understand us. I can't actually nail down why this annoys us but to give an example how important the little difference in language is to us. The Germans often use a different term for watching than we do. They often say "gucken" instead of "schauen" for those of you who speak german. And somehow it's almost a sin for an Austrian to use the word "gucken".

Well that's about it but it's not like some collective hatred, basically we make fun of everything more than 10km away from our hometown.

My family for instance has German friends and we really get along well. It's the same everywhere in Austria that we respect each other but once seperated there are the prejudices again.

That's my perception of it. I hope I didn't offend any possible German forum viewers.

Thanks for the explanation Konfucious and also on a side note thanks for my sig I just rememeber how much I like it now I am hyped up for Zelda again :hehe:

So will F1 get good again?

If they allow the use of turbos in their cars again it would get better - otherwise I doubt it. Nowadays the car is the more important factor instead of the driver like it should be.

I would say everyone has to use the same car - pretty much like Nascar.

I did not like Schumacher but he was one of the best F1 drivers ever. But to be honest I can't bare watch a whole race.

fair enough he is a great driver, but he was also a massive cheater

94 season he rammed Damon Hill off the track so he would win the title

97 season, tried to ram Villeneuve off the road to win the title, but failed

this year, stopped his car in the middle of the track so no-one could post a fast time in qualifying

glad to see him gone ^^

hes the most aggressive driver and also one of the greatest, the king of monaco as he is know and as all things great, his time has ended.

He was also the reson i stopped watching F1 as he won it too many times and the compatition was too weak cousing FIA to change the rules.

I don't care what anyone says, this season has been great. 2 points and three races in it, it couldn't get much better.

Ah Schumi. I remember the time he tried to kill Coulthard after he crashed into him in the wet. Took two pit crews to hold him back. How I laughed. The man's a living legend and don't anyone forget it. Yeah, he's a cheating bitch. If you're going to win the championship 7-sodding times you have to be willing to do anything to win it. It's called competition people!

Favourite F1 moment ever - when Damon Hill overtook Schumi's Ferrari to take the lead at the '97 Hunagrian Grand Prix in a fucking Arrows.

Like others i was never a big fan of Schumacher.

He is a good driver but i was always against him. I think its cos i didnt like Ferarri and the fact that he is a German didnt help matters either.

Sign in to follow this