NEurope
christophicus

To include ,or not to include

Do you want to see the Wii shipping as standard with the "shell" for the Wii-mote?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see the Wii shipping as standard with the "shell" for the Wii-mote?

• Yes i want to see it ship with the shell
    • No i dont want it to ship with the shell

Sorry to the mods if this has been done already , i havent been here ina while.

Im just wondering who would like to see the Wii ship with the "shell"

Personally i would because i fear that if it does not ti will close the door for alot of developers if they want to try and bring games to the Wii.

Thats just my oppinion . What do you guys think?

I have GC controllers (as does anyhone who owns GC games to play them with). The shell will needlessly push the price up.

I have GC controllers (as does anyhone who owns GC games to play them with). The shell will needlessly push the price up.

I think the shell is an investment nintendo will make:

1) Encourage people to download N64 games = PROFIT

2) Some games may not be suitable for wii control

e.g. Pro-evolution Soccer and SSBB.

Nintendo dont want to scare 3rd parties and allow a wide variety of games.

Nintendo dont want to take risks either.

The wiimote is unproven and so needs a decent backup for traditional games.

Developers will only develop for the standard kit. It is a risk to leave it out.

So again= PROFIT

Overall, I think nintendo will gain more profit and 3rd support for haveing the shell. It is very cheap as wireless most the electronics are in the wiimote.

^^ i Completely agree with your thinking and this is alos what i am thinking and i sincerly hope you are right and this is what nintendo will chosse to do. i dont like these rumours that nintendo are not plannning to include the shell.

^ (blender's post) And you forgot to add that the classic controler can still use motion capabilities, because it's almost confirmed that the Wiimote will be atached to the back of it. Also, it has rumble and wireless without any of the components needing to be inside the classic controler, so it can't be that much expensive, as it's just a bunch of buttons and plastic, being the 2 joysticks the only expensive components.

yeah. I also hope they change the design fron the one previously shown as it looked extreamely uncomfortable to hold as it was basically an elongated circle with no handle kind of feature , it looked quite style over substanceish.

I don't think it's that uncomfortable because it's smaller than it looks.

144453931_3d943d72f0.jpg

Quite easy to reach all the buttons, I'm only concerned about the joysticks a bit.

I also think they should include the controller with the Wii.

Mainly because if it's included your not thinking so much about downloading VC games or not.

I think if I would have to fork out 15€ to 20€ in order to be able to play SNES games I got for VC I'd think twice about getting them.

The GC controller's d-pad is crap though, it found it impossible to play the original Zelda with it, using the control stick was even worse. I want the shell to be packed in with the Wii.

Yes that picture does actually make it look lesss uncomfortable,but only slightly. Asyou said trying to use the sticks on that seems liek it could be quite hard. also if it has GC style shoulder triggers they will be hard to opreate with that shape.

I'd rather them put in another Wii controller with nun-chuck. Surely it'd be cheaper to buy the shell in the shops than a Wii-mote and nun-chuck?

You dont need it for the virtual console anyway do you? Just turn the controller on its side...

You dont need it for the virtual console anyway do you? Just turn the controller on its side...

There are only enough buttons, at least in usable positions, to play NES games on the Wii-mote; the SNES had four face buttons and two shoulder buttons, the NES only had two face buttons.

Don't forget N64 games are on VC

I would like to see it included.

However, it MUST surely be available to the public at launch, or not long after launch. We can't see this product released on the market 6 months after the launch.

I think the shell is an investment nintendo will make:

1) Encourage people to download N64 games = PROFIT

2) Some games may not be suitable for wii control

e.g. Pro-evolution Soccer and SSBB.

Nintendo dont want to scare 3rd parties and allow a wide variety of games.

Nintendo dont want to take risks either.

The wiimote is unproven and so needs a decent backup for traditional games.

Developers will only develop for the standard kit. It is a risk to leave it out.

So again= PROFIT

Overall, I think nintendo will gain more profit and 3rd support for haveing the shell. It is very cheap as wireless most the electronics are in the wiimote.

Couldn't have said it better.

I cant imagine them including it, but it'd be very handy if they did.

Does it count as a wireless controller for GC games?

i voted no, i mean, im sure it would be great for everyone else, and good overall for ninty to do, but it wouldnt be of huge benefit to me. simply because:

a) raise cost of bundle

b) looks bloody uncomfortable. besides, i have gamecube controllers.

The VC controller iss going to cost about 10 euros or so, so bleh. An extra Wiimote is a way better deal and better for a the mainstream audience.

Everyone wants it ship with the shell. But I doubt that it's going to though because of the expense for Nintendo.

EDIT: And not everyone's going to have virtual console (or online for that matter).