NEurope
solitanze

GT Pro Series (Attachment Confirmed)

Another game from Ubisoft!

How many games does this make in total from Ubisoft?

gt-pro-series-20060908022738813-000.jpg

Eh.. looks like a psp game? :(

IGN Wii: The game employs a cel-shaded style. Any particular reason for the look?

Tats: With so many racing games in the market, we wanted a title that would stand out from the crowd and give a different experience. There have been some cel-shaded racing games in the past, but not as well-done or full-featured as GT PS.

WTF!

they better not try and charge extra for that plastic steering wheel. Anyway, i'm sure we will see lots of addons for varios games

Another game from Ubisoft!

How many games does this make in total from Ubisoft?

gt-pro-series-20060908022738813-000.jpg

Eh.. looks like a psp game? :(

IGN Wii: The game employs a cel-shaded style. Any particular reason for the look?

Tats: With so many racing games in the market, we wanted a title that would stand out from the crowd and give a different experience. There have been some cel-shaded racing games in the past, but not as well-done or full-featured as GT PS.

WTF!

It looks awesome. This game had already been announced by the way, confirmed for launch too :)

IGN Wii: Will any other Ubisoft games be able to use the attachment?

Tats: Monster 4x4: World Circuit, another Wii launch title, is fully compatible and will bundle the steering wheel as well. Since all buttons on the remote are accessible while attached to the wheel, any racing game that uses the same style of control (horizontal and tilting Remote-only) should be able to use the wheel as well. [Ed's note: Excite Truck, Cars, and the racing portions of Sponge Bob will work with the wheel.]

With two games bundled with it, I don't see them raising the price. But I'm still worried about the motion feedback of it....

gt-pro-series-20060908022745688.jpg

Mario kart looked better, but we need to see this in motion... it reminds me of outrun. It better be a good game!

There was another racing game that was cel shaded that looked great. Can't remember the name though.

There was another racing game that was cel shaded that looked great. Can't remember the name though.

Auto modellista. looked better.

auto_modellista_002.jpg

No buttons on the steering wheel?

All the buttons are in the remote... but it needed some shoulder ones yes...

1059611172200307311.jpg

Been there done that

That looks terrible.. Game and controller.

Although it doesnt matter about the game looking terrible, whats the point in that attachment? Its basicly a decoration that you can hold on to..Is it bundled with the software?

EDIT: Nevermind, it does..

cel damage <-- very good and underated

cel damage <-- very good and underated

Completely agree with you. Awesome game. I still play it to this day!

I have mixed feelings about this.

I used to have a steering wheel for my N64. I just think that if you're holding this up in the air, how are you supposed to turn easily? If the wheel was attached to something, like most steering wheels are, it would be much easier.

I'll reserve my final judgement until i get my grubby mitts on it. But, right now, it doesn't look appealing.

I think it'd work fine if you just rest it on your legs. Or resting your elbows your knees would make it more comfortable to use. Can't see any need for the player to flail it about in mid air.

Looks pretty decent to me. Although i won't be buying it or the Wheel thing.

Still, aren't we all pleased by the amount of support?!

I agree though, it could look better!

some very intresting news from the GT Pro series interview,

this is what the developer says:

IGN Wii: Does the game run in progressive-scan and 16:9 widescreen modes?

Tats: It's currently planned that the game should be automatically defaulted to 16:9 when the Wii console itself is set to widescreen mode. Unfortunately there will be no progressive-scan feature in the game.

that proves two things, one Wii will have an GUI and set your tv aspect ratio.

and two the Wii will support anamorpic widescreen. good to hear for the people with widescreen sdtvs. (because of the lack of progressive scan)

The Wii is just looking better and better for me at the moment.

I'm gonna keep my eye on this game, I want a racer so it's between this and Excite Truck.

Pleased with the support yeah, but this game looks really half assed like they could not decide to make it cell shaded or make it look real. If there going to do a cell shaded game they need to embrace that. They need to use more sold colors and less textured ones especially for the grass, sky scrappers & trees with a cell shaded game you really need to over exaggerate everything, add wind effects, tons of blur, less texture detail more solid colors, out lines and lots of other unrealistic effects.

Not quite sure how that attachment is going to work practically. What about turns you need to take, which require more than one revolution of the steering wheel. It'd be very difficult to pull off in mid-air, with nothing hold it in place.