NEurope
Caris

So... (Pre-ordering)

Whos thinking about pre-ordering the Wii alot sooner than they first thought, with the PS3 being held back i can imagine ALOT of people thinking "ah well, wel'l just get that Nintendo one instead" So i reckon the Wii will be like gold dust when it comes out, i put a £30 deposit down on one today, ill be getting it on launch, anyone else had these thoughts?

Its a bit similer to when the 360 came out, Sony took back loads of PSP's so they were really hard to get, then gave companys loads of stock on the launch of the 360, so the people who were unlucky and couldnt get a 360, bought a psp instead.

Discuss...

I'll preorder as soon as possible if I can.

I also have a special feeling that I maybe one of the winners in the ONM competition, but I always get that feeling and then I always get bummed out when I lose.

pre ordering is weird in portugal. I usually pre order when I buy games online and I pre ordered at a friends store, just to make sure he wouldnt run out of copies. Now that store's closed, so I'll probably pre order in some major retailer

pre ordering is weird in portugal. I usually pre order when I buy games online and I pre ordered at a friends store, just to make sure he wouldnt run out of copies. Now that store's closed, so I'll probably pre order in some major retailer

There's always, http://www.webboom.pt , fnac, GAME and Elcorteingles.

Where is the best place for preordering consoles? Gameplay? Play? Amazon (don't make me laugh).

I want to preorder mine as soon as the release date is revealed.

And is it ok if I change the thread title to "Wii preordering" or something similar?

Where is the best place for preordering consoles? Gameplay? Play? Amazon (don't make me laugh).

And is it ok if I change the thread title to "Wii preordering" or something similar?

I've always got my games from amazon and they usually arrive without any hitches. But I remember when I got my gamecube - I received 2 games, 2 extra controllers but... no console. It came 2 weeks later:( .

How did you manage to preorder it already? No shops near me are doing preorders yet as we dont know the release details. I'm going to, and always was, going to preorder it as soon as we know the details. Probably from Gameplay.co.uk, GAME (Glasgow) and Virgin in Glasgow. I'm not sure if I'm going in at midnight or not, so if i can't I'll cancel the real life ones and leave the Gameplay one on.

i Would Prefer, "the sexy caris wii preorder thread!"

Thanks.

EDIT: @Moria.

Grainger Games, ive said it beofre and i will say it again, its th eBEST game shop ever, im greatfull to have one near me, i think Any North East R-E's will agree.

I'll wait for the release date first, so the shops can establish a price. I'm not even sure what to get.

You have to join a que (is that how you spell it) for Gamestation, you can't preorder!

So...Game.co.uk, Gameplay.co.uk and my local Comet/Game for me! If not i'll wait in line outside my local Gamestation.

I'll only be buying one though. Just want to make sure i get one!

as soon as game are excepting pre orders i will do it. not to fussed on looking for the cheapest deal online as i always prefer buying consoles from shops (dnno why just do)

I'll only preorder once I know the release date + the price, since I don't think I'll have enough money for when it launchs.

I preordered mine in june. I live in a small town, but there already were 10 other people that preordered before me.

ive got my name down, since my DSlite preordering (which if i remeber correctly was after my birthday, 17th and before the 23rd when it came out) at GAME in Manchester Fort, for them to ring me when i can preorder one. I think i was probably the only one, cos the woman who served me, had to ask someone else, i think someone higher up than her to find out what to do. So if not a lot of people there then im happy.

Midnight launch for the first time! come on.

Oxford street is always good. They usually give away a free game for the first 100. For the GBA sp it was in the morning. I got zelda LTTP game free and a bobble head mario. Nice!. Though I feel like a right nerd in the queue. There were a couple of tv crews so I had to hide my face as I am usually awol from work.

So we anyone up for a revo-europe meetup in the oxford street queue . We can have awkward conversations when we realise the 10-20 year age gap differences. ;)

We can all go dressed as retro nintendo characters (not!)

Oxford street is always good. They usually give away a free game for the first 100. For the GBA sp it was in the morning. I got zelda LTTP game free and a bobble head mario. Nice!. Though I feel like a right nerd in the queue. There were a couple of tv crews so I had to hide my face as I am usually awol from work.

So we anyone up for a revo-europe meetup in the oxford street queue . We can have awkward conversations when we realise the 10-20 year age gap differences. ;)

We can all go dressed as retro nintendo characters (not!)

No, but we can have an N-Europe meetup if you want :heh:

Unfortunately for this fourteen year old it will be a school night but don't worry, I'll be getting one on the day (fingers crossed) and owning you all when Smash Bros. Brawl is released.

I have my Wii pre-ordered for the last 2 weeks. I work in a toy shop, Smyths, (but not in the video game section:angry: ) and there was at least 30 pre-orders for the wii when I put my name down. Don't think they are gonna offer any special deals with the pre-order, rather a console is reserved for you, but I'm not bothered at all - so long as I'm definitely gettin a Wii on release day, I'm one happy camper!!! And the closer we get to the launch, the more I think that it's gonna be the gadget this christmas, especially with news of a console delay today :santa:

I'm going to preorder it from game and gamestation online too. They do free returns and so I have nothing to loose.

(PS you cannot normally return consoles purchased in store. The distance selling act forces online companies to accept returns. )