NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
demonmike04

A worry about Wii sports

I agree with you, I believe that's just a mistake. Wii Sports, Wii Music and Wii Motor Sports will be one and the same, and It's gonna be called Wii Activities.

Wii Music was invidual game in revised Wii game page, that Nintendo's webmaster had accidentally put into public directory (all links in that page, however, resulted in 404). And we know at least two Wii music titles, orchestra and drum game.

i hope nunchuck is used for tennis also.I do hope a sort of monkey ball type game will be eventually made

Also, Miyamoto said that they might make it so you have to use the nunchuck's jostick to move in WiiTennis.

God I hope so, I was never that fond of the E3 control method.

it would be hard doing multiplayer with friends cause there isnt much space in my room

Its not like youve got a tennis racqet in your hand, youll be able to make small movements with the small controller if you need to.

I hope you move using the nunchuku too

it would be hard doing multiplayer with friends cause there isnt much space in my room

Half the fun of it will be smacking someone while they're about to return the ball and calling it an accident. But not if you're ahead. Then you'd be a cheater.:nono:

Wow, there's a lot of arguing about tiny things in this topic.. Am I the only one who hopes theres just swinging? Moving aswell in tennis would ruin it a bit, I think. I mean, you've already got all the different types of swings. And in other golf/baseball games you don't do much more than throw and swing anyway (except of course fielding). I think the difficulty will be just right and very good for getting used to using the controller.

I'll be very disappointed if they're gonna have me buy three different games though. I mean, come on.. They better be bundled/very cheap.

I read that there was to be 30 odd games in Wii Sports and i've heard nothing of Wii Music and Wii Motor Sports since E3,it could be that they bundled it together,but only having 3 games is a bit low.

They better have Wii Airplane in Wii Sports...screw Wii Motor Sports, make it a second category in Wii Sports >:(

Wii Airplane is one of the main reasons I want a Wii :p

They better have Wii Airplane in Wii Sports...screw Wii Motor Sports, make it a second category in Wii Sports >:(

Wii Airplane is one of the main reasons I want a Wii :p

qft, i loved those vids of wii airplane. id just sit at home for a while and fly around just for the fun of it.

Instead of Wii sports as the titles they shoul just bundle in loads of the games they have, then call it Wii compolation (sp?) or something else.

I'm really looking forward to playing this, as i just want to get aout 4 controllers and get my mum and dad involved, then it will be fun because its so simple.

I really want that shooting game that has the ducks in one of the stages.Brings back memories and a good competitive multi-player.

qft, i loved those vids of wii airplane. id just sit at home for a while and fly around just for the fun of it.

Instead of Wii sports as the titles they shoul just bundle in loads of the games they have, then call it Wii compolation (sp?) or something else.

I'm really looking forward to playing this, as i just want to get aout 4 controllers and get my mum and dad involved, then it will be fun because its so simple.

Also, there is a rumor of Wii Jet Skiing, which should be a laugh.

My dad has already said he'll play me at Wii tennis:grin:.

I reckon there will be:

WiiSports

-Tennis

-Baseball

-Golf

WiiMusic

-Drums

-Orchestra

-Guitar

WiiMotorSports

-Car

-Aeroplane

-Boat/Jetski

Edit - Damn, the_fish got in there seconds before me with Jetski :heh:

If wii sports comes with cricket and the gameplay is like stick cricket instead of buttons Wii-mote instead, I will deffintly get this game

Cricket would be ruddy marvellous. EA were looking at you!

just watched the new ign weekly and the wii sports games he played it looked really fun to play. the orchestra looked tiring, but i guess my mum would do that.

baseball looked really simple, golf looked amazing,i cant wait till that pangya golf, and tennis, looked really fun. swinging it right will be challenging i think otherwise you might hit it out if you swing early.

I have a concern if tennis doesn't require the nunchuk....has anyone watched a tennis match recently? Points are scored when the player (raqueteer if you will) fails to run to where the ball is in time...if the running is automatic and doesnt use the nunchuk, will you always make it to the ball in time? (maybe this would be explained by watching some more gameplay vids)

i think of wii sports as the wii-mote training game as im sure Nintendo intends it to be, just as Duck Hunt was for the Zapper.

Its catering to entry-level gamers, women and old people that Nintendo love so much

i agree wholeheartedly!

i believe that it is simply to teach people how the wiimote will respond to different actions. whether it be swinging hard, getting the right timing, precision... that kinda thing.

heh, and a cricket game would be good as well, would train you to use the wiimote in a quite a variety of movements!

I wanna see a hockey game before a cricket one. Maybe they would make you be a fielder in a cricket game...so you stand there for about 3 hours until a ball actually comes to you then you can catch it with the wiimote :p

I think you have to forget about the old way of playing tennis video games and look forward to the Wii way of playing. The old method was about getting your player in tactically the correct place on the court, selecting the right shot and to a small extent timing the button press to execute the shot. The new Wii method of playing wont be about placing your player on the court, it will be about the physical movement of the racket. Now it can be argued that this wont create a game that has any long lasting appeal but it will show off the remote and be a lot of fun in multiplayer which is the idea of Wii sports.

Do you think they'd include Wii Sports Fishing or will they not because it would take away from Twilight Princess fishing?

What other sports [including novelty sports] would be good in Wii Sports Billiards, Bowling, Athletics such as Javelin, Discus, Swimming with two WiiMotes, one in each hand, weight training, the Wiimote simulating a dumb bell and you actually feel the pressure on the control as the programmed weight goes up in the game, zapper enabled with shooting [possibly the shooting demo could be part of wii sports]? Frisbee, Rowing, Archery?

i believe that it is simply to teach people how the wiimote will respond to different actions. whether it be swinging hard, getting the right timing, precision... that kinda thing.

heh, and a cricket game would be good as well, would train you to use the wiimote in a quite a variety of movements!

Nintendo really needs to pack-in this game as a freebie, not only as a selling point but to prove their point about simplifying controls, cause lets face it, the Wii-mote is gonna make some games more frustrating than less.

Sign in to follow this