NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EchoDesiato

Battalion Wars Wii (BWii)

Age of Empires is like the PS2: it's for noobs.

What you need on the Wii is the legendery, the mighty, the infamous: TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!!

If this game is 8p online (I'm not bitching, I'm ok with just 4, this is just a hypothesis), I propose a massive all out all-on-all war on the smallest map there is, so it's kinda like a Steel Cage Deathmatch, but with tanks.:D:p:awesome:

If this game is 8p online (I'm not bitching, I'm ok with just 4, this is just a hypothesis), I propose a massive all out all-on-all war on the smallest map there is, so it's kinda like a Steel Cage Deathmatch, but with tanks.:D:p:awesome:

Count me in! And i want crazy matches and tournaments on R-E.

There's a hands on Preview at Kotaku: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gc06/gc06-battalion-wars-2-the-perils-of-the-wii-and-ina-the-nintendo-booth-babe-196840.php

The guy isnt too impressed with it or the Wii controller but it's pretty funny.

He's a bit of a dick...

He didn't like the first one, he's not gonna like the second.

You can tell this guy either loves Dungeons and Dragons, or GTA games. He's either a geek or a fucktard...

And he can't write to save his life.

That's the general tone of kotaku though. It's sarcastic and jaded. He almost sounded happy taking the piss out of the PS3 at E3, strangely. I look forward to this one but I must get hold of BW on the cube first. Is the control system as complicated as it looks?

Is the control system as complicated as it looks?

It isn't really that complicated, but giving orders during the heat of battle can be chaotic.

scan_01.jpg

scan_02.jpg

scan_03.jpg

scan_04.jpg

scan_05.jpg

scan_06.jpg

scan_07.jpg

scan_08.jpg

scan_09.jpg

scan_10.jpg

scan_11.jpg

Look VERY hot

Also from ONM (taken from Cubed 3)

# Players can play as the various different races throughout the game, with varied vehicles, troops and surroundings to use and explore.

# The Wii hardware has allowed the developer to create larger, more expansive worlds, special effects and extra details that weren’t present in the original, "expect to see great water in the game!"

# Attacks take place in the air, ground and seas:

# Naval battles have been added for some beach/sea battles.

* Frigates – Fast, easy to manoeuvre and come packed with armaments. Can locate submerged crafts, like submarines.

* Submarines – Stealth tactics when deep underwater, but very venerable when surfaced.

* Dreadnoughts – A large craft packed full of armour and weapons. Powerful but slow.

# Kuju and Nintendo have tried various control schemes, and ONM notes there could be the possibility of different setups come launch, depending on one’s preferences. The current setup:

* Nunchuck Analogue stick – move units, standard control.

* Flicking the nunchuck allows soldiers to jump and roll!

* Nunchcuk trigger – allows player to lock onto the selected unit.

* Wiimote – pointing device to move around the screen, used in combination with the analogue stick to turn/strafe.

* D-pad – used to cycle through commands/select individual units.

* Wiimote trigger (B) – main firing trigger.

* Wiimote A – context sensitive action button.

# The game will feature over 20 missions for the single-player mode, and 15/16 multiplayer maps. ONM has praised the current multiplayer build, “it really shines in that department”.

# There are currently 3 multiplayer modes for co-op battles, standard versus and arcade styled battles.

# The game has Wi-Fi capabilities that are “very much supported”, for those looking to take on the world. As with the standard multiplayer there are currently 3 modes to work with:

* Co-Op: Go head on with a friend to defeat an enemy, with different scenarios and players controlling different types of units.

* Assault: One player defends, the other attacks for an all out… assault!

* Skirmish: Complete strategy battles – capturing bases, placement etc.

# BWii is set for release in the first half of 2007.

Sounds and looks very good!! I wasn't that interested on the GC one because it lacked multiplayer, but this one has some promise.

Definite buy for me. One of few wii games that have me hyped (theres something about most games for this console that im not excited about..)

Co-Op is everything I hoped for but it would be even cooler if it offered a co-op mode for the singleplayer like TS3 had.

Im currently playing the game on the GameCube and i hope they will fix the AI... im tired of my soldiers running in front of my tank..nope.. your 40 ton tank can't run a man down.. im tired of my rocked men standing with their hands in their pockets while my tank is been hammered by a gunship

i just received my Battalion Wars on Cube. A bit miffed it didn't come with Stars and wasn't wrapped. Play has sent me an opened copy, the c***s.

Game better not disappoint

I think it looks very good in motion.
Yeah I agree!

I wouldn't really want realistic rock textures etc... I like the cartoon look of the game and I think if the graphics went too far and were similar to those of Kameo for example, it would ruin the look of the game.

When I first saw Battalion Wars 2 in motion, I almost thought it was abit too polished and preferred the look of the gamecube version.

However, I think they've got it just right and the draw distance is great!

Sign in to follow this