NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EchoDesiato

Battalion Wars Wii (BWii)

What the first game desparately lacked was a co-op mode. These new multiplayer elements might make this game worth getting.

I haven't completed BW yet but I'm definitely getting this one. Especially with the wiimote this should be excellent to control.

Multiplayer is really good news too but I hope for a full 2 player mission coop, that would be so much fun.

I agree with system_error; it looks like the GC version.

I think they started developing the sequel before they got their hands on Wii devkits and it wasn't updated in any way except for the controls because otherwise these graphics would indeed by disappointing for a Wii game.

I really liked the gameplay of the first, it was great but the game lacked missions(a bit anyway, altought there where really cool extra missions) but most importantly multiplayer. And this seems to deliver that great! This is now my third or fourth most wanted Wii game.

If the gameplay is not broken, this game is already sold to me. I desperately need this online.

Under "Judging a book by its cover", or more precisely "judging a game by a couple of screenshots", here's the hands-on by IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/727/727651p1.html

The first thing we noticed were the graphics were greatly improved compared to Battalion Wars on the Cube. The characters are more detailed, the environments look and feel bigger and more realistic, and the effects are quite impressive. The game does still have its comic-like look which is going to make the game very familiar to fans of the first Battalion Wars.

i checked nintendo-europe after getting a bell about a new article on my rss thing and heres a pic of some guy playing it, not much to see its too small:

VbULbll8amLS8mFmzg8y7-iuMQhcMkTo.jpg

While we didn't get a chance to check out the multiplayer mode today, we did see that two Wii consoles were connected via wireless LAN to allow for two player games without split screen

yes

YES

YES!!!

Wireless LAN!

Well this looks to be a definate purchase for me! It looks great!

Whats there not to like about BWiiiiii? I am higly anticipating this game. The online mode is a step in the right direction for Nintendo, and makes this game seem much more appealing.

People have to stop judging things from one screenshot, the videos for this game look really good and it seems to have a ton of potential gameplay wise.

Something about Wii graphics by the way is that since they're not going to be using fancy next gen effects for the most part most of time they're only going to really look better than current gen in videos as opposed to screens, because most of the improvements are things you see better in motion like better draw distance, better graphical effects like smoke and what not (like in this game and Prime 3), more characters onscreen, bigger areas, better lighting, all that kind of stuff. You really have to watch a video of a game before exclaiming "THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE GC VERSION!!"

I'm pretty glad I sold my GC copy of Battalion Wars now. The new videos up on IGN are looking very good aswell.

I just hope they make it easier to command the troops than how it was done on the GC version.

I just hope they make it easier to command the troops than how it was done on the GC version.

The wiimote acting as a mouse is a good indication of easier control.:yay: And it actually seemed very precise.

Now we just need more point and click games on this. Age Of Empires anyone? Would b awesome on the wii i think.

Sign in to follow this