NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EchoDesiato

Battalion Wars Wii (BWii)

1db7a8266bd2eb3661fcd6b335f82707.jpg

BWii (Battalion Wars Wii) fact sheet

BWii - Battalion Wars 2

Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war.

Drive tanks, command ships, pilot planes and direct your troops into the heart of the action in the return of the popular tactical action game for Wii.

3 Online Multiplayer Modes

Assault: Instant Combat

Skirmish: Tactical depth

Co-op: Work with friends

3 Theatres of War

Combine land, sea and air combat

5 New Naval Units

Battleship, Frigate, Submarine, Dreadnought, Transport

6 Different Races, 5 Different Environments

With new vehicles for each side

Wii-Controller

Provides intuitive, all-action gameplay

Greater tactical depth

Capture facility buildings to re-spawn units (HQ, Barracks, Factories, Airfield, Docks)

Use Map Screen Commanding to order from afar

Bigger and Better

20+ single player missions AND 15+ mp missions

Increased replay value

Source.

Here, i am assuming it's in very early stages because the final GC ver looks better than this.

i recently bought he cube version, ive yet to play through it.

This is sounding awesome, with co-op aswell online, great. The graphics do look the same but that explosion in the sky look pretty nice.

Here, i am assuming it's in very early stages because the final GC ver looks better than this.

Huh? I mean if they would just port the GC version it would look better. Someone please give me a valid reason how a developer can deliever something like this.

The Wii is fully backwards compatible to the GC so they could just used their old engine and increase details, polygons, ... whatever and it would look better. And before someone starts TIME doesn't matter because I doubt it takes more than 6 months to do something like that when you have the complete engine + assets on your computer.

I like Battalion Wars but if developers completly start to ignore graphics I don't buy their games.

I thought this. It has to be in early stages. Both Strikers and this look a little more rough then the GC versions...mmmm...

I don't think i'll be buying this though, not my sort of game.

I like Battalion Wars but if developers completly start to ignore graphics I don't buy their games.

I'm starting to think that people are excepting that "Wii graphics suck", and have lost neutral perspective to any screenshots that are posted. This game doesn't look worse than Battalion Wars but it doesn't look better either. Only thing is that these are in bigger resolution than original BW preview pictures were.

s26855_gc_19.jpg

Give it some time. The games have just been announced. They had to show something. It still looks like it is an early work in progress.

I'm starting to think that people are excepting that "Wii graphics suck", and have lost neutral perspective to any screenshots that are posted. This game doesn't look worse than Battalion Wars but it doesn't look better either. Only thing is that these are in bigger resolution than original BW preview pictures were.

s26855_gc_19.jpg

Compare the pictures and I am sure you will obviously see that both use the same engine. Grass, soldiers, tanks, ... look nearly identical. Now if they use the same engine but with a obviously better console I highly doubt there should be any problems to make a game look seriously better than its precedessor in a few months.

It's playable for the press today. That means they have come pretty far with the game. I guess it's out before christmas.

Graphically, i like this style. If they make changes before release, then good for them. But, don't be too wound up about the way it looks. I'm more concerned about the way it plays, right now.

Online. You can't ask for more than that!

Question is, how many players?

Please Please be at least 4 players. As then 2v2 willl rock. Also a game like this needs voice chat if your playing co-op. Man alive though base building and 4 player online mode would be wonderful.

This game is going to be awesome, providing that Nintendo can get the online to work. I loved the cube version and the only thing that was wrong with that IMO was the lack of a multiplayer option but they have sorted it out.

Please Please be at least 4 players. As then 2v2 willl rock. Also a game like this needs voice chat if your playing co-op. Man alive though base building and 4 player online mode would be wonderful.

i thought i read somewhere that it was 4 player online. ive checked ign and nintendo-europe, but i cant remember where i saw it.

well i saw it but it was for strikers: "Strikers offers anywhere from one to four players."

4 player for this online would rock.

Finally , the conference provided us with something to look forward to.

The first game was absolutely amazing but cried out for multiplayer/online. Although not grapically outstanding (as yet) , this doesn't really look like it can fail.

I think its safe to say that I already need this game.

does it have a split screen multiplayer?Call me old fashioned but i still prefer off-line to on

Looks promising. Might get if goof games are scarce when it's released (eg summer).

It's 4 players online! From the preview it seems very cool and it still has a lot of time. Now I can't wait!

3 Online Multiplayer Modes

Assault: Instant Combat

Skirmish: Tactical depth

Co-op: Work with friends

Enough for me to get this.Especially co-op.I really want an online co-oo RPG to be announced soon.

Crystal Chronicles? (Oh WHOOPS! More Wii stuff we don't know anything about!)

Sign in to follow this