N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is some stuff Cube posted, we are also going for a Champions League Format...think ShadowV7 is organising it, i could be wrong tho...

By the way when is the draw?!

EDIT:

Just had an idea:

Keep the 4 groups (or at most 6 so have a second round) no matter what cos then that means it goes Q-final S-final, Final, but then have 3rd place teams go into UEFA cup style thing to keep interest if a group has 2 run away leaders...could be say 3rd and 4th if there are 5 or 6 teams in a group...

Then have a UEFA cup knockout, plus could even have a Super Cup Final right at the end, a bit unfair as losers would win the UEFA Cup having lost the Champs League and then potentially beat the Champions, but hey thats what happens in real football!

I get the rest but no the bolded bit since I don't watch football :heh:

Currently making a Spreadsheet now to keep track of scores for every match.

Hope you get the money Hellfire.Tournament is beggining to shape up.

I get the rest but no the bolded bit since I don't watch football :heh:

Currently making a Spreadsheet now to keep track of scores for every match.

Hope you get the money Hellfire.Tournament is beggining to shape up.

Well say we have groups of 4,5 or 6 teams we could end up with two run away leaders in that group for qualification, so the other people in the group will be bored having nothing to play for...give them a second tier competition to potentially drop into if they finish 3rd and it will give other people something to play for if they have dropped out of the main competition and will mean less people getting knocked out.

..winner should get a trophy to put in their signature and have the little bit below their name changed to Mario Strikers Champion or something :heh:

another great idea! between the two of us, we are on fire! Custom title is definitly cool...

Ah right get you now.Good thing you mentioned that,I was thinking of something so the others could play more when they got knocked out.

Ah I remember the joys of Spreadsheets back in computing.Oh the memories :heh:

And I like the user title idea nando!

Wonder if the admins would do that...

Ah right get you now.Good thing you mentioned that,I was thinking of something so the others could play more when they got knocked out.

Ah I remember the joys of Spreadsheets back in computing.Oh the memories :heh:

Well thats the solution, I mean we should still have some people getting knocked out I think to make it competive, so have a system that means the right amount of teams carry out with a second tier knock out...

Guest Stefkov

A trophy is a great idea, someone with good photoshop skills or a 3-d modeller just to do something basic would be good..

I think a golden football with a mushroom atop it.

How many groups you got up to now? I want to get my brain into thinging gear to maybe come up with some names. Maybe you could just do like Mario Kart. Lightning cup, mushroom cup etc. Or do you want something more unique...

I was going for something more unique,but that was the back up plan.

So far it's still 4 groups,but if some more people register then it will be bumped up to 6 groups.

I'll ask a mod if it's possible to change the user title of the winner to 'Mario Strikers Champion ' or something and see what they say :heh:

Just now i've pre-ordered from GamePlay.

I'm going to a LAN/console party next weekend, so I'll get a bit of practice in there I think!

Hmmm where have you guys pre-orderd your copys? i need to pre-order it soon otherwise i might just forget about it!

Trust old Amazon for me. Delivery date is next Thurs or Fri.

One thing I like about the Eurogamer review, is it shoves all the multiplayer/online stuff into one mere sentence - It gives us a different perspective on the game. (a very promising one, too)

One thing I like about the Eurogamer review, is it shoves all the multiplayer/online stuff into one mere sentence - It gives us a different perspective on the game. (a very promising one, too)

Agreed.

As much as I am looking forward to the multiplayer side of things , it's still important to me how the single player game plays and this review has sparked my enthusiam even more.

Have pre-ordered it from play3k for a not unreasonable £27.99.

Has anyone thought about the possibility of sorting some sort of league out once this tournament has been done ? I suppose a lot depends on how the online experience (and this tourney) works out , as well as the fact that it could be a nightmare to organise , but it could be something to think about.

Has anyone thought about the possibility of sorting some sort of league out once this tournament has been done ? I suppose a lot depends on how the online experience (and this tourney) works out , as well as the fact that it could be a nightmare to organise , but it could be something to think about.

Me and /Nando/ were talking about a league and decided a Champs League was much better as to be honest we thought a big long league would slow down...as people are bound to lose a bit of interest...Champs League means it is kept shorter and a lot more exciting...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!