N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting this game now is it too late to join the tournament?

Nope,i've already put your name down for it :heh:

I said on Tuesday I would post a tournament thread either yesterday or today,well it's been slightly delayed to tomorrow.

Some suggestted "Rules"

Team/Stadium:

- Everyone choses a striker (Of course, they don't have to chuse until their first match), and has to keep the same striker for every game.

- Everyone also choses a "home" ground - so we can have 2 matches against each team instead of one (people can chose the same striker/ground)

- On top of this, they also chose 5 sidekicks, 2 or more can be the same character, to chose 3 from each match.

(So, 1 Striker, 5 sidekicks, 1 stadium)

I think everone having their own "team" and "home ground" will make it more interesting

We should have the same time and options (bar stadium - that should be the home team's stadium)

People will be put into groups (random order - done via The Hat), and pley everyone in the group twice (one home, one away).

Like the champions league, first 2 from each league go to the next round (League 1 winners Vs League 2 second, League 2 winners Vs League 1 second, etc).

These will have 2 legs (1 home, 1 away).

Final will be 1 leg, and take place in a random stadium

And the obvious no cheating, disconnecting, or lying about results (if you want, take a photo just in case) rules.

Anyone agree with these?

edit: And it could be set up Using Google Spreadsheets

Some suggestted "Rules"

Team/Stadium:

- Everyone choses a striker (Of course, they don't have to chuse until their first match), and has to keep the same striker for every game.

- Everyone also choses a "home" ground - so we can have 2 matches against each team instead of one (people can chose the same striker/ground)

- On top of this, they also chose 5 sidekicks, 2 or more can be the same character, to chose 3 from each match.

I think everone having their own "team" and "home ground" will make it more interesting

We should have the same time and options (bar stadium - that should be the home team's stadium)

People will be put into groups (random order - done via The Hat), and pley everyone in the group twice (one home, one away).

Like the champions league, first 2 from each league go to the next round (League 1 winners Vs League 2 second, League 2 winners Vs League 1 second, etc).

And the obvious no cheating, disconnecting, or lying about results (if you want, take a photo just in case) rules.

Anyone agree with these?

That all sounds pretty perfect to me! To prevent lying for the results have both people reporting the score and if only one person reports it, the score doesn't stand, although yeah photos would help prove it if people want that.

Some suggestted "Rules"

Team/Stadium:

Anyone agree with these?

These rules sound good to me, but what if someone disconnects through a bad wifi connection. Is that just bad luck and they lose the match or is there a retake?

There are some rules I like from that.

Obviously no cheating,disconnecting cause that will mean automatic fail.If the DC is however accidental,if your opponent agrees to do so,can have another match to make up for it,but if you have to much "accidents" your likely to be disqualified.

The home stadium part sounds cool aswell.

I'm thinking about the two matches aswell and winner is obviously person with more goals.If a tie then pick a random course (if you can),if you can't do that i'll pick a random one that won't be a home stadium via the hat :heh:

Two people from each sort of "league" will advance,and so far we from the people signed up we have 4 leagues.

I'm thinking you have a space of 1 or 2 days to do you matches(depends on how many people there are but from the looks of things we will take up a lot of time if 2 days),then move on to the next opponent.

The thing about lying results,i'd believe the person who I think is more trustworthy,then ask a few more people to say what they think,then ask for stories of both sides.But I think we have that level of trust here to be honest.You can offcourse take a picture if you want.

I agree with having your own unique team.Before the Tournament and once your use to each character,post up the team that you'll be using.

Got some really good ideas there Cube :)

Yeah I think the level of trust on here is good and we can rely on people to both post the same scores! But then yeah if there is an arguement all the other members of the league should vote on a winner between the two scores.

One thing of paramount importance is for people to cleary say either on here or MSN that a game is 100% a league match, we do not want people arguing that it is a practice match if they lose...

Sounds good to me, although I think it would be a good idea to take photo's. That way if there is a disagreement it can always be backed up with proof.

As of yet we don't know if there will be a history of past matches so you may need to take a photo straight after the match. If there's a way to look up past matches against someone then that shouldn't be an issue.

Photos could be a problem since my webcamera won't reach the TV.But I think my mum has a digital one.

Anyway I won't need photos.I've decided i'm trustworthy enough :heh:

If you do feel more comfortable taking a photo then you can.

If there's a way to see previous scores/matches on your own profile or if another friend can check your record then things would be easier.

The thread might get done by tonight but tomorrow latest.

Sounds good to me, although I think it would be a good idea to take photo's. That way if there is a disagreement it can always be backed up with proof.

TBH, I don't think we'll have a problem. Thats why I just bunged it at the end with the usual yada yada.

..all sounds great.. but what if two players choose the same striker? What happens when/if they play each other?

good point (assuming it is like Mario Kart etc...and allows one user per character) and one I have a solution to...

each player picks a home and an away captain...so if the two clash, the away team simply uses their secondary captain...

..all sounds great.. but what if two players choose the same striker? What happens when/if they play each other?

Can't they simply play each other as their captains anyway? Or do both teams have to have seperate captains?

If this was one of those huge tournaments and there was a lot of people we didn't know,then i'd request photos.

If only there was a way to just watch the match,see friends previously non-ranked match scores or something :heh:

But I really don't expect there to be a problem.I'm confident everyone will be truthfull about the scores.Though both people will have to PM me or say so in the thread(preferably thread for proof for others) what the scores where from the matches.

If you can't have the same captain in the match,then post a back up captain incase along with your team.When it's your home match you have your initial captain,when away use your back up.

Can't they simply play each other as their captains anyway? Or do both teams have to have seperate captains?

I think as I said in my solution that each team has a different captain like Mario Kart only allows one of each character and Mario Golf and Mario Tennis as well...

..yeh.. the 'away' captain is a good idea to use when it is necessary!

..maybe everyone could a picture of their captain as their avatar on here or in their signature so people can see easily? Just a thought..

With experience of the Winning Eleven DS tournament (which came to a halt for some reason :heh:) I can say that I think that posting the scores would be fine without pictures as there were never any arguments in the WE League.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!