N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! I've allready put some money aside so that I can get it straight away. The online sounds wicked, especially for Nintendo fans like myself, who havent played a game online on a home console before.

yep i havent eiher. I never tried xboxlive except at a friends house

It's possible that Friend Codes are Mii-related, not Game-Related.

If it's true...that'll be most complaints about the system squished.

Yep Cube got it one...I am however yet to work out where these rumours have surfaced from but have read a couple of peoples thoughts about it, and seems to make sense...I mean it would be pretty simple assign each Mii a Friend Code and that Mii's number is simply stored as part of the Mii with all the rest of the data...

Yep Cube got it one...I am however yet to work out where these rumours have surfaced from but have read a couple of peoples thoughts about it, and seems to make sense...I mean it would be pretty simple assign each Mii a Friend Code and that Mii's number is simply stored as part of the Mii with all the rest of the data...

Now that sounds good. Excellent in fact. If that's true, this and Skype should be utterly fantastic, we should have a tournament some time. With Skype, of course.

Now that sounds good. Excellent in fact. If that's true, this and Skype should be utterly fantastic, we should have a tournament some time. With Skype, of course.

It would also explain:

- Why the System Code is not used.

- Why Connect 24 games use the system code (as it sends stuff to the system.

Wario Ware uses Mii's as save files, so Friend Codes wouldn't be hard to save.

Do you mean that Skype might become available for the Wii some time (are there any rumours or something?) or that people will just have to be lucky to have their pc close to their tv :p

Ok, now I'm confused. :D (go easy on me, I've been awake since 5)

So, you add the friend code once, to register the Mii? And then, that Mii Code is universal?

It's possible. Blame Nintendo's lack of a decent explination.

Edit: It's probable we won't know until a region gets two Mii-Using online games.

It's possible. Blame Nintendo's lack of a decent explination.

Edit: It's probable we won't know until a region gets two Mii-Using online games.

Yeah...so it is possible you will have to add one "Mii Friend Code" then every game which uses Mii's could possibly only use this code...

Basically, each Mii will end up having a code, as your own online persona/avatar. Games that support Mii's will share the same code universally, if you use that same Mii in the game, instead of having friend codes.

In other words, instead of having Friend Codes for each game, you'll have Friend Codes for each Mii.

Although the Mii-specific Friend Code sounds like a nice idea, I don't think we should be getting our hopes up about it, after everything that Nintendo have said about their online structure and FCs in the past. We know quite a lot about how this will plat online, from various fact sheets, and I'm sure that Mii-specific FCs would have been mentioned if they existed. Besides, what's the point if they're not universal to all online games? PBR doesn't use Miis, so there's another code we'd have to deal with for a start.

PBR doesn't use Miis, so there's another code we'd have to deal with for a start.

But that was released (In Japan, anyway) before the Wii's Online System was made. Why would Nintendo need to release any new code (like developers have been wanting) at all if it uses the same system as the DS?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!