NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

I havent got an interest in football but because of the online it sounds good, should I get it?

Can't comment on the online-side of things, but let me tell you I absolutely, completely, really, really HATE football, but I quite like Mario Strikers Charged Football, just as I liked Sega Soccer Slam. Oh, and I also hate Fifa and Pro Evo and the like. It's football, but in concept only.

However, if you're not sure, it's a "try-before-you-buy".

Anyway, there seem to be a lot of chaps waiting for the mailman. Here on the mainland, there are copies aplenty on the shelves. I bought Strikers yesterday by chance, as I saw in on a shelf by accident. I was planning on buying it, but well... there's Strikers everywhere. Everywhere, I tell ye! :D Lucky me, because the mail is on strike for a good part of the nation for the past two weeks. No Strikers due to a strike. Oh, the irony...

Can't comment on the online-side of things, but let me tell you I absolutely, completely, really, really HATE football, but I quite like Mario Strikers Charged Football, just as I liked Sega Soccer Slam. Oh, and I also hate Fifa and Pro Evo and the like. It's football, but in concept only.

However, if you're not sure, it's a "try-before-you-buy".

Anyway, there seem to be a lot of chaps waiting for the mailman. Here on the mainland, there are copies aplenty on the shelves. I bought Strikers yesterday by chance, as I saw in on a shelf by accident. I was planning on buying it, but well... there's Strikers everywhere. Everywhere, I tell ye! :D Lucky me, because the mail is on strike for a good part of the nation for the past two weeks. No Strikers due to a strike. Oh, the irony...

how did you get it yesterday in a shop, when its not out till 2moro?

I'm off to play the game. See you all later.

edit: was removing the extra booklets (I put them elsewhere, jsut keep the game and manual in the box). In the Wii booklet - is that a new MP3 image?

Bollocks, my copy didn't arrive today, despite being posted yesterday.

how did you get it yesterday in a shop, when its not out till 2moro?

Actually, a little pixiefairy said that, if I were a good boy, I would get an early peek. However, me being a scoundrel and all, I squashed the little pixiefairy, used her magical wand to get me a nice golden timemachine, paid a visit to the future, got me a copy, got back to present day and prevented the Global ConsoleWar I (GCWI) from ever happening. Oh, you'll never believe the news in about two and a half weeks time!

Or rather, a lot of stores here in Belgium have been selling Strikers since the beginning of the week. Dare I say, the copies are a rather common sight overhere. Yes, very odd for a Nintendo-game to be released before streetdate, but alas.

In the Wii booklet - is that a new MP3 image?

Hmm, good point. I remember looking at the booklet. I didn't notice a new MP3-image, but I wasn't really paying attention. I shall give it a closer look the moment I get home, though.

Cookie, where are you from? Anyone from the UK know of any shops that are selling the game early? I don't understand if selling the game in another country means the UK is allowed to do so too?

Got mine. Some early impressions:

- More complex than I excepted. Although system looks simple, there is reasonable depth.

- Megastrikes aren't so powerful as you could believe from reviews / trailers. Launching them takes long time, and you are extremely easy target for tackles. Furthermore, blocking them is laughably easy (I only missed one ball during my first hour).

- Controls work well.

- Music is pretty cool.

- Pleasant looking, although doesn't really push Wii by any means. Some minor framerate problems in cut-scenes (actual game is silky smooth). Loading times are longer than I excepted.

Thank god, it's finally getting packed. Doubt I'll get it tomorrow unfortunately :(

Still being packed 11 hours later :nono:

If Amazon don't get my game here for tomorrow, they're getting a nasty letter.

Hmm where on earth do you find your friend code in this game?

oh and i cant register this game on Nintendos site.. maybe its because its not out till tomorow!

Cookie, where are you from?

From Leuven, Belgium. I bought the game yesterday while on a stroll after work in Brussels. I had seen it before, though, popping up more frequently in stores since monday. I suspect that, despite having the Mario-banner, the shops regard this a a low-profile-game, and they tend not to follow streetdates for such titles. Little do they know...

And indeed, the loading times are longer then expected. When you return to the main menu (and a lovely menu is is. When as lovely as main menus get) after a match, it takes quite some time. Not too long, but rather long for a Wii-game. That said, I didn't really mind. I'm used to PS3 too. ;)

Ahh, all you lucky people playing the game early. Sounds good so far!

oh and i cant register this game on Nintendos site.. maybe its because its not out till tomorow!

I had the same problem with Diddy Kong Racing, it probably won't work till sometime next week.

how much does it cost in belgium? cause if it is cheaper i will maybe import it.

I had the same problem with Diddy Kong Racing, it probably won't work till sometime next week.

Ahh yeah i remember reading that.. there must be some lazy gits over at NOE.

how much does it cost in belgium?

The two pricetags I've seen so far are €49,99 and €52,99. Can't say how much it is in pounds, though. As for importing, as the game is released everywhere tomorrow, I'd just wait 'till tomorrow.

Just thought I'd phone a couple of the supermarkets in my area to see if they're selling early. Alas they are not, but I did find out that Asda will be selling it for £29.73 tomorrow.

Could be an easier option to grab the game for some, and is probably cheaper than usual high street prices, I'm looking at you "Game."

I went to the friendlist on the online game modes, thats where its at.

Just won the Fire Cup, you also get trophies for having most goals scored and least goals conceded

Seems like great fun.

Just got my arse kicked online, although that was BEFORE I completed the tutorial :laughing:

Anyway, my VIP points for this game arent working, keep getting invalid PIN error. Anyone else having probs?

It's on the Friend Roster screen.

friendcodeyoor5.png

It's great - a bit of lag online, but nothing game-ruining.

Mega Strikes aren't really that powerful.

Bowser Jr is really cute (especially his "away" intro)

Birdo'd shot is powerful, and is an instant goal. But only if

a) You let him shoot

b) There is noone between him and the keeper

If you put a player between Birdo and the keeper, shot blocked. Simple.

It's simple to play, and seems to have deph (I keep forgetting about items).

It's Interesting that it seems to make a seperate save (hidden from the save menu in the Wii options to prevent messing around) for the online mode...