NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

It's great - a bit of lag online, but nothing game-ruining.

For me connection has been pretty much lag free, but I always get error code 990010 when complete set of match is finished. Oh well, probably problem with my connection once again.

Im halfway through the challenges, man are they getting tough. It took me a while to get through the Brick Wall level. It seems that you unlock the cheats by beating various challenges.

So is online ranked games working today? Thought it might not because the "season" might not start till tomorrow?!

I'm glad to hear impressions that the Mega Strikes aren't as powerful as they have been made out to be, means they could turn a game around, but not all the time, and as for leaving you prime for tackling I'm sure people will come with ways to use items and special moves to protect themselves, (I seen a few examples on videos!)

I'm sure people will come with ways to use items and special moves to protect themselves, (I seen a few examples on videos!)

Items are randomly chosen, and you can only get them if one of your players gets tacked while they don't have the ball - It's up to you if you want to risk giving them a useful item.

One thing I forgot to mention - the crowd looks amazing.

Are those the photos in Chargers manual?

Yup. Those ones. They may have been with other games, and me not noticing them.

What a fun game, and I'm not at all used to the controls yet. Keep forgetting what does what! Played one game online and lost. Bit suprised with the goal saving techiniques. Gonna get some practice in before I go online again!

The Megastrikes are quite useful IMO. When playing in the cups the computer opponent has never hit the orange marks spot on and it didnt trouble me one bit. I then went on the last of the challenges and Bowser hit one perfectly and I only saved 2 of 6 because they were that fast.

I will probably give this a go online when I get in from work tonight, so if anyone is still up I will give them a game or two.

It looks good. I always forget about the items as well and when I do use them, I have no idea what happened..

The MegaStrikes are quite useless against other human players, they're so easy to block!

The MegaStrikes are quite useless against other human players, they're so easy to block!

A few get through every now and then. Especially if you get it spot-on.

What characters do you guys play as, does playing defensive or offensive make a big difference?

I haven't got the game yet, hopefully tommorrow...

What characters do you guys play as, does playing defensive or offensive make a big difference?

I'm sure it makes a difference. I use Peach for the megastrikes, Birdo for shooting, Toad for midfield and Monty Mole for defence. (only team i've used so far)

Peach is useless at scoring normally, but her speed is useful. And the sidekicks have a vast difference.

Birdo isn't very fast, has some powerful quick shots, and if left alone, he can score easy goals (providing noone is between him and the keeper)

Toad is a pathetic shot, but his charged shot is actually useful for "setting people up". He's very fast.

Monty Mole is slow, but has a powerful shove (and a good distance on his shove, too).

:( my Copy was sent yesterday but it's not here.

I am sad and dissapointed. I trusted Gameplay.

:( my Copy was sent yesterday but it's not here.

I am sad and dissapointed. I trusted Gameplay.

Unlucky mate... it most likely the Royal Mails fault... infact it is there fault.

My Amazon copy just got shipped!

*runs around the room screaming*

So has mine!

*Joins in with Excelle*

Unlucky mate... it most likely the Royal Mails fault... infact it is there fault.

Yeah....bloody Royal Mail...:nono:

Despite ordering a month ago with Choices they still had not despatched the bloody game! So I've just cancelled it and sent an email expressing how pissed off I am. Gonna pop up to Asda's at midnight and get mine.

If you've got the game get your codes up on your profile I'm looking forward to playing you guys prior to the tournament.