NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

It's a pretty fun game! I'm liking it!

I'm getting odd feelings from it though...don't know why...it just feels different. :D

My code is: 3522-8791-8029

I'm crap though.

Woot mine got dispatched from Play today! Will I get it tomorrow?

My code is: 3522-8791-8029
So this uses per game friend codes? FFS.

The system is actually a lot better than you might think.

Well, you should know as you complained about it when game's online system was first unveiled. And yes, like Tellyn said, system works surprisingly well. :)

I know about the invites and whatnot, that's okay. But why a code per game >_<

WHYY?!!!

In what ways?

I think it's all very easy on the online front. Yeah it's slightly annoying have to get all these numbers etc..but after you've done it, thats it.

Anyway, i had my first online match and....LOST :laughing:

I had some lag and it was a 4 star connection (i like how they show you what the connection rate would be..). I'm guessing it's out of 5 right?

Fun online though, really liking it.

In what ways?

Well it tells you who out of your friends roster is online and what they are doing- whether they are playing a game, waiting for a game etc....no sitting searching!

I'm still holding out hope that the friend code is tied to each Mii, but guess we will never know until another game that uses them is revealed....

Woot mine got dispatched from Play today! Will I get it tomorrow?

Mine was dispached yesterday from play, arrived today.

But why a code per game >_<

WHYY?!!!

We don't know that yet - Mario Stikers actually makes a seperate save for the Onlin stuff, and you have one code per Mii.

edit:

230009b.jpg

The rubbish US boxart.

Cheers Cube. I have always hated the way the ratings on US boxes look.

We don't know that yet - Mario Stikers actually makes a seperate save for the Onlin stuff, and you have one code per Mii..
Huh? There's a seperate code for your Mii and the game itself? You've lost me.

Huh? There's a seperate code for your Mii and the game itself? You've lost me.

You register a Mii, that Mii has a friend code.

With Strikers saving the online stuff to a different file, it's possible for other games to use that save file (which is hidden from the saves menu) for their online system, and use it's Mii codes and registered friend codes.

Despite ordering a month ago with Choices they still had not despatched the bloody game! So I've just cancelled it and sent an email expressing how pissed off I am. Gonna pop up to Asda's at midnight and get mine.

The 3 games I've preordered with Choices all came on the day of release or the day before. The order status still said it hadn't been dispatched even when I had the game in my hands - I think they just have a crap system that doesn't update itself, but you still get the item on time (in my experience)!

You register a Mii, that Mii has a friend code.

With Strikers saving the online stuff to a different file, it's possible for other games to use that save file (which is hidden from the saves menu) for their online system, and use it's Mii codes and registered friend codes.

So, this game doesn't have Friend Code on its own, but it assigns one to a Mii? And there's a seperate save file for these codes? Should I be jumping with joy?

If we find out that you can use the same Friend code from the Mii on another game then I definitely will be jumping with joy.

All this reading of people already having it is making me sad.

The 3 games I've preordered with Choices all came on the day of release or the day before. The order status still said it hadn't been dispatched even when I had the game in my hands - I think they just have a crap system that doesn't update itself, but you still get the item on time (in my experience)!

I was just sent this.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent pre-order for Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo Wii).

We would like to inform you that the distributor of the above product has advised us that stock of this title will be delivered to our warehouse tomorrow morning. Upon receipt, we shall despatch all orders by Royal Mail 1st Class delivery and therefore we expect delivery to take place on Saturday morning. We apologise for any inconvenience this slight delay causes.

If you have any further questions regarding your order, please contact our Customer Service Team on 0870 400 3838 or by email at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Regards,

ChoicesUK.com Customer Service Team"

So, this game doesn't have Friend Code on its own, but it assigns one to a Mii? And there's a seperate save file for these codes? Should I be jumping with joy?

Effectively if that is the case, would be a good idea... I wonder if one of these Mii editors that lets you view the Mii's code would reveal such things?!

If we find out that you can use the same Friend code from the Mii on another game then I definitely will be jumping with joy.

All this reading of people already having it is making me sad.

Yeah it's only one day but its winding me up so much!

I have just got home from work and my copy is waiting for me! I will get on it a bit later but first to download LOST :D

I still don't get why they didn't add Goomba, the retards :heh:

Ukiki (sp?) wouldn've been cool too

PETEY FTW!!!

I was just sent this.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent pre-order for Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo Wii).

We would like to inform you that the distributor of the above product has advised us that stock of this title will be delivered to our warehouse tomorrow morning. Upon receipt, we shall despatch all orders by Royal Mail 1st Class delivery and therefore we expect delivery to take place on Saturday morning. We apologise for any inconvenience this slight delay causes.

If you have any further questions regarding your order, please contact our Customer Service Team on 0870 400 3838 or by email at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Regards,

ChoicesUK.com Customer Service Team"

Doesn't matter now - have cancelled order with them and will pick up a copy at ASDA's at midnight I'm not waiting till Saturday!

Need to practice for tourny! :laughing:

I got it today, tried some online and my assumption that i had any skills in mario games was so wrong.:hmm:

The first online game was awesome though, i didn't bother doing the single player and it had been around 5 years since i played sega soccer slam, so i didn't even know how to tackle...but neither did my opponent :D :D

Luigi is becoming my main char more and more, mostly cause i like his music more than mario's (and about the music, Peach's last name is spears?)

The super move is very balanced though, it's extremely hard to pull off at all. I've had plenty of matches without any super move, though if you do get one in the green, you can count on 1 goal at least. Orange is just mad, the only way to stop those is if you happen to be near it with your hands.

I saw some interesting tactics as well. Plenty of players use the lob-pass till the ball is white and try to score with a normal shot. One team in particular was interesting, diddy & 3 toads. His main tactic was to reach the goalkeeper, jump over it and simply walk the ball in the goal. I doubt this'll be a cheap way to score though, since the goalie stopped him plenty of times and i won in the end with my 'normal' way of playing.

My team: Luigi, Hammer bro, Toad, Boo. They're all good at passing, toad & boo both have alright skill kicks, and for the normal kicks there's the hammer bro. It's hard for me to get the hammer bro in a good position though. He's so slow that i have to pass for 5 seconds before he gets on the other half.