NEurope
somme

Stargate TV Shows

^^ I thought of it as; yes, normally the last symbol has to be the point of origin, but as this was for a ship that was always moving, (but the address never changing) it was as Eli said, a combination lock and not necessarily charting a position through space. Once the code was put in the Stargate system automatically worked ou where the ship was and connected.

I'm recording it at the moment.

I used to be a big fan of SG1 and Atlantis, but then when Sky got canceled from Virgin, I lost interest.

Now that I have Sky+, it's good times ahead.

Right ive just watched the episodes, as a show im interested but as a Stargate show I feel a bit let down

My main problem is the characters, now in SG1 and Atlantis characters were established straight away, I learnt their names, understood what they were about and liked most. With SGU I could only tell you a few character names so far and most im not finding particularly interesting. Yeah I know im sure we will find out more about them later on but for a pilot you really need to start off strong and I dont think that they did.

Second episode (or middle of the 3 part pilot I guess) felt a bit slow but im sure once seen altogether it will be ok.

I hope there will be more humour in the show once they have settled into their situation, I know Eli had some during these episodes but we'll see.

Love the extra budget obviously given to them, Destiny looks great and I really like the effect when its flying through space and its being washed over.

Obviously brilliant seeing O'Neill, Jackson, Carter, Walter, Dr Lee and pilot for the Hammond who apparently Carter stole from the Deadalus I think. Feel a bit sad that they couldnt work Teal'c into a quick cameo just because he was left out. Also maybe more of a mention of Atlantis past their mention of the database. Something like McKay on a computer screen trying to help with the calculations.

It did take me about a season for Atlantis to grow on me and of course I will be watching SGU everyweek but as I said, its still not feeling enough like Stargate for me.

It took me 17 episodes to get fully into Atlantis, ironically it was a clip show that got me fully invested and I'm a massive Stargate fan. I'm not there yet with Universe but it is promising

I just need the characters to get a bit more personality, apart from Rush and Eli I guess they were pretty dull in the pilot.

I just need the characters to get a bit more personality, apart from Rush and Eli I guess they were pretty dull in the pilot.

I think the main problem was the pilot is about making the ship habitable, and that only Rush and Eli can actually do something useful about it. One they get to other gates I'm sure that the other characters will get their chance to shine

I thought Eli would piss me off but he didn't. I also worried that Rush would be a bit bland but as the pilot progressed I found he had a bit more depth to him.

I found the fact that we didn't know everything about them straight away was more intersting. Loved SG-1 from the beginning, same with Atlantis, but Universe looks even better to me.

I found the fact that we didn't know everything about them straight away was more intersting. Loved SG-1 from the beginning, same with Atlantis, but Universe looks even better to me.

I doubt I will ever like it as much as SG1, maybe Atlantis but its hard to say. For me SG1 at its best just had everything right with characters, interaction, stories. SGU as ive said doesnt feel entirely Stargate to me and even though im sure it will be a great show still, because of that it could never top SG1 in my eyes.

When the base gets attacked, is it being attacked by Gou'ld mother ships, because i'm pretty sure there gou'ld?

How many episodes are in this season?

Yeah the Lucian Alliance has taken over most of the Goa'uld ships etc at this point, they are mentioned quickly in the pilot, its only speculated that its them but not confirmed.

love podgy O'neil! The series is great! Though I miss atlantis for its colour, SG:U feels soo grey.

Love the extra budget obviously given to them, Destiny looks great and I really like the effect when its flying through space and its being washed over.

hahaha, I just had a flash of an SG-1 ep (I think it was from the 200th ep), someone (think it's Martin Lloyd) goes into a lab to talk to Carter and makes a remark about the lack of fancy equipment in the room from what he expected. Carter says something like "yeah it's a shame, unfortunately the Stargate Program just doesn't get the funding it deserves".

Loved it, the character talking about their funding for the SGC and the actor giving a nod to the actual shows smaller budget, haha

Hehe I remember that. The writers have always done good nods to things, the fans especially. I remember an episode with the guy who does Homer Simpson's voice, "Citizen Joe" I think it was called. Lots of nods to the forum on gateworld.net Was pretty funny.

It was kind of a slow paced episode. I guess it's the actual end of the pilot.

There was a distinct lack of music throughout most of it which I liked quite a lot.

OMG WTF Flew off the ship?!?!!!!

I watched part 3 of he pilot over the weekend, overall thought it was a good opening, can't wait to see how it continues and where they eventually go. Also how much will the communication stones end up being used? It's kind of a cop out, but hey if it allows O'Neill and co to reappear I don't care, haha.

Also just on the ending...

What was that shuttle that flew off at the end? Was it part of the Destiny that was sent by the ships computer on an auto recon mission or was it something more sinister???

While it could be a forshadow to the shows eventual bad guys I find it hard to believe that an Ancient ship would not have detected it and set off a giant warning alarm... also I assume with the Destiny having FTL drives the chances of anything/anyone catching up to it from where they were to where their going is slim... unless the "people" in this galaxy are at "anceint level" technology.

If they are bad guys wonder if their from the planet the two people went through to that was locked out by the ship... guess that would have been a good reason why other planets were locked out.

Finally... why did a stargate in the middle of nowhere on what appeared to be an empty planet apart from a swirly cloud thingy have no DHD? Assuming if there were "people" on the planet and they took the DHD why then did they leave the stargate?

EDIT:

haha, I must have started typing as Daft posted :heh:

Great minds. :smile:

Maybe there are aliens still on the ship!! (I don't think they've explored it all.)

Dun dun duuuuuurrr!!!

Maybe the detaching ship was a lifeboat for the two people who went to the other planet.

Great minds. :smile:

Maybe there are aliens still on the ship!! (I don't think they've explored it all.)

Dun dun duuuuuurrr!!!

Maybe the detaching ship was a lifeboat for the two people who went to the other planet.

Just looking at it again, the "shuttle" does not look like it was part of teh Destiny at all, and where it came off of does not look like it was meant to be a docking bay for anything.

Going with your "there are aliens hiding on the ship idea", that's good, they did say the damage to the ship did appear to be from a battle, maybe whoever fought the Destiny got an away mission to stay on board to try (and failed) take control of the ship

Dunno what that thing was at the end, but I did see one fight scene in the Documentary. (Well the Destiny was just firing it's lasers lol).

I'm excited now. Can't wait for the next episode. :D

Yeah, the ship did look like it de-latched.

One thing I'd like them to do is show a bit more of the inside of the ship. Give it a bit more scale and some familiar surroundings.

I watched part 3 of he pilot over the weekend, overall thought it was a good opening, can't wait to see how it continues and where they eventually go. Also how much will the communication stones end up being used? It's kind of a cop out, but hey if it allows O'Neill and co to reappear I don't care, haha.

Also just on the ending...

What was that shuttle that flew off at the end? Was it part of the Destiny that was sent by the ships computer on an auto recon mission or was it something more sinister???

While it could be a forshadow to the shows eventual bad guys I find it hard to believe that an Ancient ship would not have detected it and set off a giant warning alarm... also I assume with the Destiny having FTL drives the chances of anything/anyone catching up to it from where they were to where their going is slim... unless the "people" in this galaxy are at "anceint level" technology.

If they are bad guys wonder if their from the planet the two people went through to that was locked out by the ship... guess that would have been a good reason why other planets were locked out.

Finally... why did a stargate in the middle of nowhere on what appeared to be an empty planet apart from a swirly cloud thingy have no DHD? Assuming if there were "people" on the planet and they took the DHD why then did they leave the stargate?

EDIT:

haha, I must have started typing as Daft posted :heh:

Maybe they are not supposed to or don't need to have DHD's. As far as I understood the planets are just temporarily pit stops that the ship can easily dial to if they need to go there.

What was that swirly thing anyway? Was the dead body and water "technology" or just mirages?

It's been ok so far, but as mentioned by others I hope they explore the ship more and give some familiar and uniqe locations we can get used to. The ones so far doesn't stand out that much. The gate room is boring.

I thought it was:

The ship just ejecting whatsherface's Dad into space.

Maybe they are not supposed to or don't need to have DHD's. As far as I understood the planets are just temporarily pit stops that the ship can easily dial to if they need to go there.

What was that swirly thing anyway? Was the dead body and water "technology" or just mirages?

Some people think it could have been an ancient helping out, plausable.... would be nice to have more connection with them than just an old ship

Just finished watching the new episode, found it a bit boring to be honest. Few interesting bits like the bit at the end obviously but that was about it.

Also, am I the only one who thought Eli and Chloe and more chemistry than Chloe and whatshisface? (This is terrible, I usually know names really well when it comes to tv shows!)