NEurope
somme

Stargate TV Shows

I sincerely hope they bring back Carson full-time. Beckett and MacKay - Best Sci - Fi double-act since Spock and McCoy?

Yea - Beckett is awesome but his replacement is even more awesome.

He only just missed out on the role of Scotty (at least he was given a small role Star Trek - and he suggests that he'll be playing Carson Beckett in that).

Sorry Hellfire, have you not seen Atlantis Season 4 yet? Apologies if not.

No, just finished watching season 3 ;_; Was late on my Atlantis quota. Next time: you die.

I quite liked season 4, then again I've never really been than keen on Teyla. And I'm not that bothered about Carson either. I miss Weir.

Season 1 was still the best for me.

Well

Woolsy should be interesting. Although the episode I'm most looking forward to is Deadalus Variations. I like alternate reality eps!

Well
Woolsy should be interesting. Although the episode I'm most looking forward to is Deadalus Variations. I like alternate reality eps!

It does sound awesome. I mainly looking forward to any Keller-centric ones.

Keller is OK...most people on gateworld seem to hate her lol.

Yeah I noticed that, to be honest though if she wasnt played by Jewel Staite I wouldnt like her as much. She isnt the best character in the world. Stargate has had much better doctors such as Beckett and Fraiser

I miss Fraiser...but...

am glad they killed her off. It gave the whole thing a sense of realism. I'd grown up with her as the Doctor...and her death was very sudden and quite brutally done.

Keller has only ever annoyed me once...in the season 5 opener..she did seem...whiny...but only for a moment.

I thought Claudia Black was good in Contiuum, in the other role she played. ;)

Just watched Continuum, loads better than 'The ark of truth' in my opinion, it was TV quality too :)

Also watched the first episode of season 5 which was again very good.

I've meant to post in here all week but I keep forgetting. Stargate Continuum was on Sky on Friday night past, and I watched it. Found it enjoyable with its time travel/ alternate reality storyline and it was good to see the gang back together- even General Hammond! Twasn't too shabby at all. I was reading in a magazine the other day (Sci-Fi maybe) that they are planning to continue making these Stargate films which pleases me.

Anyone else watch it/ seen it already?

I have already seen it but I watched it again. Still enjoyable but my original complaints are still there. Not enough Jack and in the end it feels a bit pointless.

I have already seen it but I watched it again. Still enjoyable but my original complaints are still there. Not enough Jack and in the end it feels a bit pointless.

Not enough Jack yeah, but if RDA doesn't want in nothing to do. Pointless? It's

the end of the goua'uld system lords

. Hardly pointless.

No, I mean the main story itself feels pointless.

Nothing is achieved for the characters from what they just went through, there is no progression as none of them remember what happened. Im not saying I didnt enjoy watching it, but the fact that by the end they are right back where they began with no memory just isnt what I wanted.

Yeah I agree that it was a bit pointless in that respect, but most time travel stories can be. I thought it was good on the whole- nice to see some SG-1 with that bigger film budget.

I still find it weird seeing the Farscape peeps in it... but that somehow adds to it for me too. :)

Stargate Atlantis will end this season

The SCI FI Channel is ending Stargate Atlantis after five seasons, Multichannel News reports.

The show will go on, though, with a 2-hour movie that will air on SCI FI in 2009, and be released on DVD by MGM. The film will be written by executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.

It's intended to be the first of an on-going series of Atlantis movies, according to the report. Stargate SG-1 has released two very successful movies direct-to-DVD this year (Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum), though neither has aired on U.S. television yet.

"The show will live on as a network franchise," the report also says. This could indicate that future Atlantis movies are a lock for SCI FI, or it may be a general statement about the cable network's commitment to the Stargate franchise.

Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, who created and executive produced Atlantis, pitched a third television series in the 11-year-old TV franchise to the network last year (story). While SCI FI has not yet announced a green light for that show, the end of Atlantis may clear the way -- the dollars available for original programming, that is -- for the next series.

Though Stargate Atlantis has been a solid ratings performer for SCI FI -- and was its highest-rated original program ever when it premiered in July 2004 -- in recent years series like Eureka have supplanted it in the "Live" ratings.

Atlantis remains an extremely strong performer in DVR-delayed viewing, though, often building as much as 25 to 30 percent on its premiere night audience.

Season Five will go out on a cliffhanger, with "Enemy At the Gate" expected to premiere in January. Expect the first Atlantis movie to wrap up that hanging storyline.

Taken From GateWorld.net

WTF? God damnit not again.

Season 5 only just started on Sky One an all.

Well least we're gonna get some movies to go with it.

But I wish they'd plan the last season BEFORE it started, that way they could actually end the storyline with the final episode, instead of making us wait ages for a movie.

What other sci-fi shows are left?

BSG is ending next year also.

No more new star treks (tv shows, not counting the movie)

Now no more new Stargate... unless they green light Universe.

We still got Heroes and Lost but what else is there for the nerds? :heh:

As far as I know Universe is still coming, but im not as hopeful as I was with Atlantis because it isnt supposed to be as linked as SGA was to SG1 so we wont get as many crossover eps etc.

Isnt this where SG1 got cancelled aswell, at the end of season 5 but then Sci-Fi took them on for the remaining 5 seasons.

But I wish they'd plan the last season BEFORE it started, that way they could actually end the storyline with the final episode, instead of making us wait ages for a movie.

It didn't work for Enterprise. The second to last episode was awesome. The last episode...the worst episode of Star Trek ever.

It's a shame that Atlantis is going to be over...and I'm slightly worried because the show likes doing big cliffhangers.

No, I mean the main story itself feels pointless.

Nothing is achieved for the characters from what they just went through, there is no progression as none of them remember what happened. Im not saying I didnt enjoy watching it, but the fact that by the end they are right back where they began with no memory just isnt what I wanted.

I don't feel that way, what happened during the movie had meaning and it was epic, it's not because of the last 3 minutes that it loses it. Not to mention I was expecting complete pointlessness, it is a movie it can't offer the depth of an entire show, so it would be sort of like fillers. It wasn't.

Why the fuck do those americans like to cancel everything for no reason?