NEurope
somme

Stargate TV Shows

Cuz your not cool enough?

sorry couldn't resist

Seriously, though... I've tried so many times to watch it and like it... but is just feels so god damned cheesy... :weep:

Just watched epsiode 10

Pretty decent ep, slow to start but gradually picks up.

Good cliffhanger though, saw the set-up that Rush had a hand in the cover-up didn't think he'd be found out. It was obvious once Rush was so excited about having access to the Chair. Be interesting to find out what happens to the guy who sat in it, if he wakes up.

Was kinda hoping Rush would become a likable anti-hero or something, like Wolverine :heh:. Surprised about Rush being left behind, thought Young would just rough him up then carry him through. He's still due to appear in future eps so be interesting to see how he gets back to Destiny... likely the alien ship they found... but then that would mean it would have had to come from a race as advanced as the Ancients or higher considering the destiny is travelling at FTL

I heard March

What sucks is, I've read a few two line synopsis for the rest of the season and it actually sounds really good

Gateworld now think its more like an April return, sounding stupidly long especially for a first season where you need to keep peoples attention.

Good episode. :) It is a rather long way but at least the first ten episodes are released on DVD (Region 1) and Blu Ray in February.

Woah, never thought Young would leave someone behind - not even Rush. Though Rush is almost bound to get back with that alien ship.

It's really picked up over the past few episodes.

I thought the lady that took charge had framed the Colonel. The ending was great. I have to say I pretty much agree with everything Rush has done, he's a pragmatist. I think Young is an idiot.

Really good episode. The characters are definitely picking up.

It'll be quite interesting finding out if the aliens whose ship that used to be are even still alive, it looks old. I doubt they'll be too happy if they find Rush flying about in it.

Great Episode...had everything I've been saying this series needs

Other Planets

Sci Fi Related Stuff

Plot Development

NO EARTH STUFF

Awesome

Lets hope the communication stones get destroyed

It's no coincidence that the weakest episodes and weakest bits of the episodes are the earth-based stuff

I don't mind the Earth-based stuff, especially compared to the earth based episodes of sg-1 and atlantis - they were always terrible.

But yeah I do prefer the stuff on the Destiny. I reckon season 2 will hold a lot more action, to contrast to this seasons struggle for survival.

According to an interview, the second half of Season 1 will focus more on stuff on the Destiny

According to an interview, the second half of Season 1 will focus more on stuff on the Destiny

Yeh I read half of that then stopped. I no likey the spoiler.

It returns in America on April 2nd

Will probably follow on Sky 1 shortly after. They're repeating the first half each week from the first Tues of January

That's tooo far away. But at least Lost comes back in January (I think?) so I won't be totally missing good tv.

Awesome. Can't wait...I've heard the second half is meant to be good so fingers crossed

DESTROY THE STONES

You can see Daniel Jackson in that video too, just noticed

You could find 15 seconds of action clips from the first half of the season (although not much more), so this trailer doesn't fill me with confidence that it'll be anymore interesting or less boring, bleak and forgetful. Especially if the characters continue to be mostly a bunch of unlikeable argumentative idiots.

You could find 15 seconds of action clips from the first half of the season (although not much more), so this trailer doesn't fill me with confidence that it'll be anymore interesting or less boring, bleak and forgetful. Especially if the characters continue to be mostly a bunch of unlikeable argumentative idiots.

My main concern was that they used the stones too much, but the producers have assured people that they've reduced the use of it plus they've stated there is an inclusion of actual aliens in it

I'm looking forward to it, when SGU was good, it was very good. When it was bad though...yikes. I like to pretend that Episode 9, Life, was just a 10 minute mini-episode featuring an ancient chair and just ignore all the earth stuff :P

Edited by Serebii

Two episodes I don't like the sounds of:

Are the two "flashback to before they joined the Stargate Program" episodes. We've have too much time on Earth, already.

Hopefully these will just be small sections and the rest of the episode will have plot development and interesting bits.

Another new trailer:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/03/watch-the-new-stargate-universe-trailer/

Havent been able to watch it yet myself as it was playing terribly but people in the comments section seem impressed. Gonna try and find another site that has it.

EDIT: Managed to watch it through a different browser, looks pretty awesome

I especially liked the look of those aliens coming through the gate!

Edited by Happenstance

Well that is more like it. Hopefully this means that the stones are down for the rest of the series.

Well that is more like it. Hopefully this means that the stones are down for the rest of the series.

Or, if they use them, they use it for things like this. Things that advance the plot, not send characters home to cry that their ex has a kid and that they forgot a boat in a drawing

Edited by Serebii

There were quite a few interesting developments in this episode, it reminded me a bit of BSG with all the political stuff going on, but I really think they should take their time. The civilians taking over could have easily been a three episodes arc and the solution to the tracking device next to Rush's heart was also a bit quick. I mean if the Aliens go through the trouble of hiding a device there, they could also add a trap so it would kill Rush, if they tried to remove it, although maybe Young hoped for that when he gave the order.

What upset me most though, was that they entered the civilians side of the ship through the hole in the hull cut out by the Aliens. How could someone like Rush forget about that hole when he seals off all the parts?