N-Europe

I need help. Slow performance...

Josh64

Hi everyone, I need some help to speed up my computer, it used to be fine but just latley it has been getting slower by the minute. I need a good scanner, something that can get rid of any spyware and viruses but a free version for now :/. If theres anything else you think I could do that would be a great help! :) Ive tried defragmenting... but it didn't do much ::shrug:

Yes, make sure it is completely removed. Some anti virus programs require you to get a uninstall.exe from the website so that virus's can't uninstall your scanner. And make sure you reboot between taking the old one off and putting the new one on.

Thanks for your help everyone! Ive got AVG now, and got the adaware, scanned with both and its took ages but it detected tons of stuff, and ive go rid of most of it, ive already got spybot so i'll use that in a mo, and defragment my computer.

And I thought you might like it Chris ;)

I don't know about you, but the only protection i need so far is Service Pack 2 and an up-to-date windows.

Since i got it, my need for anti-malware programs has been nullified.

As long as you take care browsing teh pr0n.

What? You need an anti-virus program. Doesn't Windows Security Centre shout at you for not having one installed?

The best virus protection is to buy a Mac :P