N-Europe

Matt gives us another hint...

Goron_3

Why does no one here trust Matt? He's a famous industry insider with tons of connections, you cant doubt that I mean he's a games journalist who goes to tons of events and has done since the N64 era, it's obvious it's true he does have "connections" at least, he's like one of the biggest Nintendo journalists there is.

Well the only thing I see him claim are based on his opinion or stating the obvious.

It's not always just "his opinion" even if it sounds like it though, he just cant say his sources due to NDA's obviously. In other podcasts he's made significantly stronger hints and he's been right about things in the past. It's getting really obvious now the 729Mhz and what not specs are true and he reported on those months ago and was the first one to do so. I'm sure there's been tons of other times he's been right through the years too.

It seems like everyone started hating him when he gave Double Dash 7.9 or something.

It's not always just "his opinion" even if it sounds like it though, he just cant say his sources due to NDA's obviously. In other podcasts he's made significantly stronger hints and he's been right about things in the past. It's getting really obvious now the 729Mhz and what not specs are true and he reported on those months ago and was the first one to do so. I'm sure there's been tons of other times he's been right through the years too.

It seems like everyone started hating him when he gave Double Dash 7.9 or something.

He's got a load of things wrong as well though.

It probably was around when he gave DD 7.9 I started hating him, it shouldn't even have got 7. :heh:

i think some of your memories might need refreshing..... Basically a year ago (a few weeks before last years convention) Matt strongly said to expect Nintendo to soon reveal big news (suggesting we'd all learn what the secret controller was). Of course we didnt learn anything at all until the Tokyo Games Show in late September. If you search the IGN mailbags at that time you'd see his hints and suggestions - i was surprised there wasnt any backlash at the time.

Anyway...if wii got another console's exclusive i'd want kingdom hearts.

Anyway...if wii got another console's exclusive i'd want kingdom hearts.

I'd say Kingdom Hearts is not gonna be on Wii.

Although we might be getting the Dragon Quest series apparently if DQM: Joker and DQ: Swords are successful on Nintendo platforms.

I think Matt gets a hard time because he says things that Nintendo fans don't want to hear. And because he is open and honest rather than looking at Nintendo through rose-tinted spectacles he gets slated for it.

The rumour he's heard for Metroid being delayed is perfectly logical - Nintendo marketing don't want Zelda and Metroid competing with each other for sales. He also takes great pains in the podcast to say that he could be completely wrong about this.

And his hint that a game announced for another platform may be coming to Wii - what's so unlikely about that? The support for Wii has been gathering pace since E3. EA has come out and said it's ramping up it's efforts because of the E3 showing, so if EA think Wii is a good bet others will.

He's not stating the obvious. He's telling you as much as he can during this period of slow news without getting into trouble.

Hmm, I believe some things, but others have to be grossly inaccurate.

Another thing that I strongly disagree with him about was spoken about in this week's podcast.

No matter what he or anyone else says, Metroid Prime is a first person shooter. The definition of a first person shooter is just that, in the first person, shooting stuff, as the primary gameplay.

Yeah, it does have adventure elements, exploration, etc, but it is primarily shooting in the first person.

Zelda has RPG elements, but it's not an RPG.

Hmm, I believe some things, but others have to be grossly inaccurate.

Another thing that I strongly disagree with him about was spoken about in this week's podcast.

No matter what he or anyone else says, Metroid Prime is a first person shooter. The definition of a first person shooter is just that, in the first person, shooting stuff, as the primary gameplay.

Yeah, it does have adventure elements, exploration, etc, but it is primarily shooting in the first person.

Zelda has RPG elements, but it's not an RPG.

I still consider Metroid Prime to be an adventure, with first person shooting elements. I mainly view this because when the term "FPS" springs to mind, you think about multiple players killing eachother in an arena. Everyone knows that Metroid Prime is a very different game to say Halo or Timesplitters (games you would define as an fps). Besides in MP, you don't actually aim (even though you can) you just lock on and shoot, pretty much unheard of in FPSs.

But I agree with you about Zelda. Zelda is clearly not an RPG.

I still consider Metroid Prime to be an adventure, with first person shooting elements. I mainly view this because when the term "FPS" springs to mind, you think about multiple players killing eachother in an arena. Everyone knows that Metroid Prime is a very different game to say Halo or Timesplitters (games you would define as an fps). Besides in MP, you don't actually aim (even though you can) you just lock on and shoot, pretty much unheard of in FPSs.

But I agree with you about Zelda. Zelda is clearly not an RPG.

Actually, if you listen to what he actually says, he says : 'No matter what people say, Metroid is NOT a first person shooter, it's a first person adventure', which everyone will agree is the truth like Zell pointed out (just like he did with Zelda).

Lol at Martinist. I see you have quoted me about the subject of beans. :)

Hmm, at times, i do think that Matt is a little arrogant. Sure, he may have contacts with Nintendo and such, but i really dislike it when he rattles fans up and gets them hyped up about something that may not happen. Like all these insider and bigtac types.

It's not always just "his opinion" even if it sounds like it though, he just cant say his sources due to NDA's obviously. In other podcasts he's made significantly stronger hints and he's been right about things in the past. It's getting really obvious now the 729Mhz and what not specs are true and he reported on those months ago and was the first one to do so.

Stating the above as fact without knowing the architecture merely adds to the rumours & speculation it doesn't help decipher it. If anything it fuels the very thing it attempts to draw a line under.

Does a Celeron or for that matter a VIA chip clocked equally get same performance as an Athlon or P4? No they won't. Just look @ how Intel failed with P4 yet have succeeded now with Core Duo to see how difference in architecture can make a significant difference compared to clock speed.

Just google athlon to see how much poor information and speculation preceeded the chips release compared to actual facts!

Give me architecture details.

If I said this was also a dual core 128bit chip and not 32/64 then we'd see who was worried. We don't know so the speculation continues!

Soon we'll all know what Nintendo, ATI and IBM have been upto.

They say it isn't solely based on what went before. I sincerely hope not!