N-Europe

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2024 at 11:40 AM, Glen-i said:

With Pocket Card Jockey coming to Switch, I feel this is a great time to post this!

It's just solitaire! Why's it so hype!?

Also convinced you can hear Electivire at around 45 seconds.

That’s pretty great, It sounds like something from Jet Set Radio. I’ve never played Pocket Card Jockey before and I would never have assumed it would have music like that

• 3 weeks later...

There are two recent fighting game music tracks that are living rent-free in my brain right now:

Azucena is both the best newcomer, and also brings the best music to Tekken 8. Gotta love it.

Meanwhile, never expected to hear German rap in Street Fighter, but it's probably the best track in SF6.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Gladion's theme from Pokémon Sun and Moon is such a banger:

Been having a lot of Pokémon videos start to turn up in my YouTube feed, and yeah, I'm watching most of them. This also means I've stumbled across the gym leader theme for Scarlet and Violet, which also goes hard:

As someone who loves Pokémon in their jazz (you're damn sure you read that right!) it's hard not to love that intro :D that clap transition is INSANE! 

This all means I'm definitely starting to get in the mood for a Pokémon game. Now, just to decide whether I finally get around to the DLC for Sword, finally boot up Let's Go, Pikachu! or pick up Scarlet...

Edited by Julius

Honestly, I kinda think Scarlet/Violet's soundtrack is a bit middling. The Gym Leader theme was a noticable step down for me. Although, that might be because they definitely tried to replicate the whole crowd chanting thing Sword/Shield does. It works in Sword/Shield because those take place in a football stadium. Doesn't quite sell it in Sca/Vi.

That's not to say there isn't music I liked, mind. Basically anything Toby Fox did for it was a highlight.

Ironically, I kinda hate the Raid battles in this game, but at least the song is a bop!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After finishing FF4 Pixel Remaster, I am once again reminded that, as far as standard boss music goes, nothing has ever beaten this one!

It's so good, a Mario game nicked it!

Edited by Glen-i

Did someone say Freedom Planet 2? ...No? Well, that's a shame.

Phoenix Highway is a fun, carefree level, with a funky track playing the entire time.

Shade Armory is a sting operation on a terrorist base. Blood-pumping energy.

Tidal Gate is the beach episode, and the music is feel-good in its purest form

I'm not saying anything about Ancestral Forge. Just listen and enjoy.

Edited by Jonnas

While I wait for more tracks from Astro Bot's OST to drop, I've got to drop what I can in hear from what I've played so far to keep track of it all. 

Crash Site is the hub world track, and I have no idea why it's Western High Noon as hell, but I ain't complaining :p 

Just jotting down here that the lowest level version of the Funky Fungi track is one I need to keep an eye out for...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Julius said:

Crash Site is the hub world track, and I have no idea why it's Western High Noon as hell, but I ain't complaining 

I keep catching myself whistling the melody even when I'm not playing the game.
It's a...YES...banger!

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Kenneth C M Young continuing to kill it with the Astro Bot soundtrack. Really hoping this gets a proper physical release, or at least gets put on streaming platforms like Astro's Playroom did – hopefully doesn't take as long this time around, though! 

Very David Wise, very intentional, very clearly an homage to the man and Aquatic Ambiance – perfect music for a great water level, but there's just enough new there to add some Astro character to it all. 

The music when you get out of the water is just a swell time too, so jolly

23 hours ago, Julius said:

Just jotting down here that the lowest level version of the Funky Fungi track is one I need to keep an eye out for...

Found it: my favourite track of the game so far, and it's not really close. Looking for any old excuse to wander off down into a cave just because of this track. 

:bowdown: