N-Europe

[Wii] List of launch window games

Teppo Holmqvist

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Mario Galaxy the same?

First, we are talking launch window games. Secondly Miyamoto only stated that if SMBG isnt' there for launch, it will be released during next six months (before june in worst case scenario). And Nintendo officially believes that SMBG will be out before end of current fiscal year.

The lack of a Mario Game at launch is worrying. Nintendo have a heritage of releasing brilliant games with their consoles which normally means a Mario Game. You could argue that Zelda is that game and while I agree Zelda will be one of the best games (if not the best) you'll play this year it is a GameCube conversion and will not really show off the Wii. Hopefully Metroid 3 will be amazing and make up for the lack of Mario at release.

I'm looking forward to Wii sports, while it might not be a indepth game I think it will be a lot of fun and in 2 player its going to be great.

In a way, i am a bit glad that they've decided to go for Zelda at launch and not Mario.

As we've seen with New Super Mario Bros. leaving it later will just make people more hyped for it. It was flying off the shelves in Japan, and did considerably well in the states and Europe.

I still think good launch but not having smash bros or galaxy as a launch title is a mistake!I think we can all agree that smash bros would have been the better launch title to metroid 3 which was what it was supposed to be in the first place.

Agreed! Especially because now MP3 and RedSteel have to battle each other sales wise (I know technically they are not the same genre, but nevertheless they share similarities) and if RedSteel sales are not as good as expected Ubisoft might withdraw some of their Wii support. Happend with the GC too so Nintendo should be carefull!

Agreed! Especially because now MP3 and RedSteel have to battle each other sales wise (I know technically they are not the same genre, but nevertheless they share similarities) and if RedSteel sales are not as good as expected Ubisoft might withdraw some of their Wii support. Happend with the GC too so Nintendo should be carefull!

Not forgetting Far Cry is now in there with those 2 big guns. I'm still undecided about which ones of these to get... I really want to play them before I buy, hopefully GAME will have demo pods...

I wouldn't expect to see any Wii pods before launch, maybe at launch or soon after (if at all - but I'm sure Nintendo realise that many people will want to "try before they buy" with the Wii). Could be wrong though, I'd love to get a chance to play a Wii before release! And I work in a games store so...playing Wii after hours before launch, awesome :D

the 360 ones were rubbidh but people need to play to believe nintendo.

We have a 360 one in my work and it's still very popular. There are always people playing Rockstar Table Tennis or Blazing Angels on it, and the fact that it has an HD screen really enhances the look of the games.

Call of Duty 3 (Activision, D1)

Far Cry (Ubisoft, D1)

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo, D1)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo, D1)

Red Steel (Ubisoft, D1)

Resident Evil (Capcom, March 2007?)

Wii Sports (Nintendo, D1)

Damn it, I need those 7 games! That's not including things I might get, like WarioWare.

And almost all are launch..

My wallet/bank account is going to be seriously lightened

If it's £40 a game, plus (let's say) £130 for a Wii, as well as £25 a controller then...

(does calculations)

If I get all the launch games I want at launch and a second controller, then it's £395.

Crap.

OK, if I wait and get FarCry, Red Steel, and a 3rd and 4th controller at christmas (from :santa: of course), then it's 4 games at launch so thats...

(does more calculations)

...£315. That's more reasonable.

But wait! Halo 3, SSBB, REWii, RE5, Lost Planet, BiA3 and Assassin's Creed all come out in Q1 '07...

Presuming I can get the 360 games at £40, and by then the Wii games at £35 then that's £270.

So between now and the end of Q1, I need to have saved and spent a total of...

£585

:eek:

That's over a 3rd of my savings!

:eek::eek::eek:

Still, at least I will have enough games to last me until 2010:awesome:.

And about £100 at christmas from friends, relatives, etc, will help.

And I just got a (kind of) job, working for my mum, getting £12 extra a week (it all adds up) for a total of about (for me) 45 mins, which is nice.

I'll also need to be a cheapskate until 1st April '07

Looks like GoW, LoZPH, WW:SM, and Supreme Commander are all out of the question...

I feel sorry for people who have time to play as many games as you just listed!!!

I remember when I was a teenager and I used to play games a lot I used to buy that quantity of games but the price didnt phase me as I was completing the games and therefore getting great value for money. These days I dont get much time to play games. I have 4 games for my 360 and havent completed 1 of them and havent devoted enough time to any of them. I have however spent loads of time on my DS which is my current console of choice.

The point I think I'm trying to get at is unless your going to play all these games from start to finish I would limit yourself to a few essential buys. Games like zelda and metroid are going to take a while to complete. Wii sports can be played when zelda becomes too much!

We have a 360 one in my work and it's still very popular. There are always people playing Rockstar Table Tennis or Blazing Angels on it, and the fact that it has an HD screen really enhances the look of the games.

that's the problem table tennis?I mean i'm suprised this game is that hyped to be honest because a wii version would destroy it.

Need pods of better games and kameo was a stupid game for a pod too!They need to be quick and easy to get into games that's why i think wii has an advantage.just give everyone wii sports and that's all you need!

that's the problem table tennis?I mean i'm suprised this game is that hyped to be honest because a wii version would destroy it.

Need pods of better games and kameo was a stupid game for a pod too!They need to be quick and easy to get into games that's why i think wii has an advantage.just give everyone wii sports and that's all you need!

All the 'pods' I saw before/just after launch had a number of games on them including PGR3, CoD2, Kameo and some other games. I managed to get into all the games I played there really easily.

ps. Press the space bar when you take a new sentence please.

All the 'pods' I saw before/just after launch had a number of games on them including PGR3, CoD2, Kameo and some other games. I managed to get into all the games I played there really easily.

ps. Press the space bar when you take a new sentence please.

i'm getting better. I only introduced punctuation to my sentences a few weeks ago!

never seen pgr3 or call of duty!But hey if they are there good enough

i'm getting better. I only introduced punctuation to my sentences a few weeks ago!

never seen pgr3 or call of duty!But hey if they are there good enough

Keep working on it and finally it'll become second nature to you :heh:

(Having said that I keep on screwing up spaces between words, the last letter quite often becomes the first letter of he next word. I can't type at all when I'm thinking about it either, like now)