NEurope
Enigma

Revolutions Name

Do you hope the name for Revolution will change?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hope the name for Revolution will change?

• No, I hope it will be Revolution.
    • Yes, I hope they´ll change it.

UNES - Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System.

Cue Ultra Mario Bros, F-Zero X-Ultra, Ultra Wars, Ultra Zelda, Ultra Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Ultra Mario Kart etc...

And the Mario game will be quite retro stylee, but as well as letting you turn into standard Super Mario, you can now turn into a Mario64 DS-style Ultra Mario who can stomp all over the place. And it'll have fire flowers. And frog suits.

The "Nintendo Link" for me :) because... just like miyamoto named Link after the link between the player and the game... this controller is also going to act as a bridge/link for it, it's a next step, so I want to name it "Link" ^_^

The "Nintendo Link" for me :) because... just like miyamoto named Link after the link between the player and the game... this controller is also going to act as a bridge/link for it, it's a next step

bit crap though :heh:

:wink:

Whoever said Pandora or RES, either one of those names would be downright suitable

REVOLUTION sounds rubbish, really bad, Nintendo need something quick and catch, REV wouldnt be bad....sony have "ps3", many have now call xbox 360 just "360".

BTW how do you make a poll
you just select that option when you do a new thread then, you choose how many questions you want and if you want it to be public (for the names to be known) or anonymous. it's simple.

I just did a complete offtopic post in response to a off-topic one...

Anyway... Nintendo Pandora rules, followed closely by Nintendo Link! (although some might disagree)

Revolution sounds a cool name, but i like the sound of some of the other names on this thread too.

Personally, I find 'Xbox 360' to be a bit... stupid. 'Nintendo 360' makes a lot more sense - 360 degrees being a full revolution, for those up the back carving their names into the desk.

Send Microsoft some flowers and a card - they'll be cool with it.

Personally, I find 'Xbox 360' to be a bit... stupid. 'Nintendo 360' makes a lot more sense - 360 degrees being a full revolution, for those up the back carving their names into the desk.

Send Microsoft some flowers and a card - they'll be cool with it.

360º means "more of the same" a full circle and still going around and around, it had to be nintendo 180.

I'm wondering whether they will choose a name based on it's controller, it's the thing that sets it apart from the competition so why not emphasis it. So for instance, Nintendo Sensor or Nintendo Motion etc.

I'm wondering whether they will choose a name based on it's controller, it's the thing that sets it apart from the competition so why not emphasis it. So for instance, Nintendo Sensor or Nintendo Motion etc.
Nintendo Motion seems to be a good one...

Tiltendo Motion? :hehe:

There are some people that like the name Revolution but others (including me) see it as arrogant... But I think naming it RES as someone said would be a good idea :smile:

@ROLF

I used to think the revolution was the code name for the 360.

I think The GHOST would be a good idea.

How about "The FreeWave"?

Especially when it's just a glorified EyeToy, really.

(I was joking, stop spitting!)

you've got balls! i'm not sure if i could so fearlessly face the wrath of the revo discussion board :D

360º means "more of the same" a full circle and still going around and around, it had to be nintendo 180.
Yeah, but then you've got the whole 'turning around and going backwards' connotation.

From Jake Spiertz

Real or fake

IS -> NES 5 going to be the name for Nintendos next gen home console?

revolution-name.jpg

revolution-name.jpg

If the rumour is based purely on that image, then fake. You can see where the colour around the text has been smoothed into an even tone, rather than been shiny and reflective.