NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arnold

TMNT: The movie

Where the hell did this pop up from. Well this'll really depend on which series it's based on. They changed so much in the new one I didn't watch it, plus i'm not a 10 year old who enjoys getting up at 7am anymore. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, it'll depend who's behind it.

This looks dog turd.

Maybe it is because I hold the original movies (maybe not the third) so close to my heart. The Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles were my childhood.

Whats with their faces they don't look right at all. This is probably going to be based on the the re-released series and not the awesome original stuff.

In saying this I will probably gather my friends and go watch it.

Its been in development for years, it was due to come out this year but it had complications. I cant wait for it as I loved the other films especially Turtles 2.

This movie is supposed to take the Turtles back to their comic roots giving the movie a darker feel to it.

Wow this does look good, I have been keeping my eye on the offical turtle site on news of this movie for years now.

I never played a turtles game but this looks like it could be an intro to one of them.

I found the teaser or what it was pretty boring actually but maybe it's just a bad trailer.

I never played a turtles game but this looks like it could be an intro to one of them.

I found the teaser or what it was pretty boring actually but maybe it's just a bad trailer.

There is a game coming to go with it.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3213_en.html

Uses the PoP game engine.

It is annoying how the Americans have

MM/DD/YYYY - it doesnt make sense

should be:

DD/MM/YYYY in the order of small to big (ascending order)

OK, I've been waiting for something to be shown from this film for ages now!

and IMO, the turtles look terrible!

Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles was one of my favourite things when I was young!... I loved it!

And from the occasional episode I've seen of the new TMNT cartoon, it's actually pretty good!

I didn't like that trailer though!

The turtles moved like frogs (and even look abit like frogs)!

When I first heard it was gonna be CGI, I thought the turtles from the previous films could look pretty good in CGI!

Then I heard it was going to be based on the new cartoon series; which also could have worked well, as it has a great style!

This film seems to have mixed the two though and at the moment I'm not sure it works!

teenage1.jpg+ Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_20030824_060842_intro.jpg= turtles.jpg

Saying that, if I watch the trailer a few more times and get used to it, I'll probably end up liking it! and it's likely I'll see the movie anyway!

Hmmm, I reckon it looks alright so far. The lack of Shredder and the usual badguys is a bit distressing and the plot seems a bit naff, but hey in the end it's a kids film. To me it seems to have kept quite close to the style of the original cartoons and while they've used computer graphics they haven't gone overboard with making everything look realistic and kept a cartoony feel.

Wow turtles and transformers. I guess it really is true. Fads go round in a circle. How long before yoyo's and pogs make a return. Or even pokemon cards or something.

When I heard about it, I thought 'I won't wanna see that' then I saw the trailer, and think I might. I'm even considering actually going to the cinema and paying to see it! I became quite a fan of the recent TMNT cartoon, though some people beg to differ on it being good/better than the original. Before you jump at me for saying that, actually go back and watch one of the originals.

(I predict yoyos to make a comeback in 2010)

This looks dog turd.

Maybe it is because I hold the original movies (maybe not the third) so close to my heart. The Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles were my childhood.

But... but weren't the old films called Ninja, not Heroes? Hero Turtles was a crapper title even though I loved the old cartoons.

Dude get with the times! This is the old teaser trailer that came out mooonths ago. And yes I didn't think much of it but when I saw the new full trailer my hopes were lifted slightly.

Heres the new one http://uk.media.movies.ign.com/media/150/150340/vids_1.html

go to the first video.

EDIT: Sorry I was beaten to it.

Dude get with the times! This is the old teaser trailer that came out mooonths ago. And yes I didn't think much of it but when I saw the new full trailer my hopes were lifted slightly.

I posted that comment in July.. :indeed:

And having just watched the new trailer, I stand by saying the turtles look stupid. I also now know they sound stupid.

The animation looks good, but I can't say the film looks good.

To be blunt, I hate the CG design. They look horrible. The good old costumes were much better. I really like the new series drawings even though I don't see it and they do look like ninjas, but bleh.

The character design looks more like the old school comics that were around years before they got turned into a cartoon and lost their ninja moniker in the UK.

It isn't strictly related to the film, but it is TMNT related. I came across the link on knitemare.org, a fantastic site for them funny cat pictures. Anyway, on with the comic! It made me chuckle.

http://xkcd.com/c197.html

Sign in to follow this