NEurope

Okay so I registered myself with Nintendo yesterday, and put some codes in.

I've got quite an amount and was looking forward to exchanging them for a nice hat or something.

But when I went on there was only wallpapers.

Whats going onn?!

I thought they had better stuff than that.

I didnt know where to make this thread BTW.

The Stars Catalogue isn't right. It's called the Stars Shatalogue for obvious reasons. We've had one update this year which lasted the best part of two hours. I snagged a GBASP keyring which hasn't arrived yet after two months.

The Stars Catalogue isn't right. It's called the Stars Shatalogue for obvious reasons. We've had one update this year which lasted the best part of two hours. I snagged a GBASP keyring which hasn't arrived yet after two months.

I think that's the most cynical four sentences I've ever read. Mind you, they're apt.

Yeah sadly there's only wallpapers and ringtones. Every so often (like twice a year) they suddenly add a a few gamecube and GBA games and everyone buys them within about an hour and thats that for about another 6 months.

Meanwhile in Japan they get stuff like this:

top_ph1.jpgtop_ph5.jpgtop_ph7.jpg

And even an exclusive DS game:

top_ph8.jpg

The Stars catalogue is abysmal.

For those who remember, last year Nintendo had an offer of buying a pre-release DS for £129 + 1,000 points. I can't see why Nintendo don't do this for pre-release games. I bet most people here would spend £49.99 on a game plus say, 500 points for a game a month early. Hopefully, Nintendo will do this again for Wii. I'd sell my near 20,000 points like a shot!

IN all honesty, Nintendo could offer £5.00 off vouchers for say 1,000 points. Based on DS prices, that's be a reasonable 5% back.

At the end of the day, its a reward scheme so we shouldnt expect miracles, but as pointed out, Japan has some quite funky stuff and we're left with rubbish.

The Stars catalogue is abysmal.

For those who remember, last year Nintendo had an offer of buying a pre-release DS for £129 + 1,000 points. I can't see why Nintendo don't do this for pre-release games. I bet most people here would spend £49.99 on a game plus say, 500 points for a game a month early. Hopefully, Nintendo will do this again for Wii. I'd sell my near 20,000 points like a shot!

The fact you have 20,000 points and want to spend £49.99 on a game shows you must be on a different planet (financially anyway)!

PS Did anyone get their SP keyrings from the last batch?

The fact you have 20,000 points and want to spend £49.99 on a game shows you must be on a different planet (financially anyway)!

PS Did anyone get their SP keyrings from the last batch?

Haven't you got it yet either?

The Game and Watch Collection DS just says how hated Europe is for free gifts. There's been so much cool things that I would sell a kidney for.

I've been saving stars since they first launched - i think at the start of GC's life. I'm sure some people have more, some have less. I've bagged a few freebie codes also.

I've bought Pokemon Box and Super Smash Bros (which i owned before but sold on). Never played pokemon box as I didnt have a Gameboy and only a Gameboy player.:weep:

I got Donkey Konga 2 with Bongo's last year. They should have a shop on the UK site, and you could use the points to get discounts on games.

I bet most people here would spend £49.99 on a game plus say, 500 points for a game a month early.

I would not pay over £30 for ANY game. Even if i get it early....

I find that hard to beleave!

Exactly. If I was desperate to get a game a month or more early, I'd just import it from America, for much less than £50.

I agree that the stars catalogue is a disgrace. I've been lucky enough to get a few things from it, but if you're going to offer your customers some sort of reward scheme like this, at least do it properly. I just hope we'll be able to use them to buy retro games on the Virtual Console.

The only good thing I got from the Stars Shatalogue was the Pac-Pix stylus.

I got my ds of there, also got a star fox poster, and star fox assault game, maybe something else as well can't remember...

Pokemon Box, what a piece of shit, cost me 4000 points. Came with a free memory card though.

I find that hard to believe!

Why? Money is a problem for me, so I don't have money to waste on just getting stuff early. Also, I always get multi-format games on PC (virtually all of them are £18)

donkey konga 2 with free bongos, both of which came with more free points. theres not alot good compared with the japanese site, but seriously a free game, thats no bad (im a student - free=most amazing thing in the world). and on top of that - FREE bongos. for nothing, no delivery nothing. I thought it was pretty sweet.

Though I would like more good stuff, the problem is now, that so many people have so many points, even amazing things go quickly, even if they put on 1000 inflatable pokeballs, or 5000 keyrings, they would still go quickly.

I got Donkey Konga 2, and come on! A chance to get a free game, it is frickin' sweet! I don't see why you people complain about it.

I complain because i got stars and can't use them at all. Plus, in the beggining of this generation, the games had the Stars paper with the code, but now they have vanished.

Don't worry about it, they'll probably continue when the Wii comes out, you'll have your chance then.

You really shouldn't complain NOA doesn't have ANY sort of reward stars based scheme and other european countries have to make do with Gameguides in PDF format as rewards for spending stars.

However saying that I would like to see more varied/exclusive content in the stars catalogue: Since it launched I've been able to bag:

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition 01.12.2003 4,500

Pokemon Box 29.10.2004 4,000

Nintendo DS Limited VIP Pak 27.01.2005 1,000

Mario Gamecube Controller 31.03.2005 5,000

Nintendo DS Pac-Pix Stylus 25.05.2005 1,500

Kingdom Hearts - GBA Game 22.06.2005 4,000

Nintendogs Preview Player Special Offer 19.09.2005 6,000

Nintendo All Stars T-Shirt: Size Large 20.10.2005 2,500

Top of my want List is a luigi/wario gamecube controller

I've got three decent items off the Stars Catalogue

Metroid Prime Name Plate

Mario Gamecube Controller

Mario Kart Double Dash Caps

Started saving the points since they started giving them out in games. Haven't been able to get anything yet for them. Either the stuff they have (which rarely happens) costs too many points or the stuff is just crap.

There's actually still three GB Micro systems left in our Flemish catalogue. As well as five Mario Smash Football Paks, which have a GC as well as the game. Too bad they're 10000 points.

*wants some games in there, other than the Pokémon box*