NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

100 Greatest Family Films

Normally I wouldn't watch these sort of programmes, but there were a few deciding factors:

1] Family movies? That's my kinda shizzle.

2] There was nothing else on TV. Buggered if I was going to watch the World Cup.

3] Bob Hoskins narrating. Beautiful.

http://www.channel4.com/film/newsfeatures/microsites/F/greatest-familymovies/results/100-96.html

Most of the results seem to be in the right place. But Pirates Of The Carribean at 4? Piss off going for the popularity vote.

It's actually reminded me to get some of these classy films on DVD, Beetlejuice and Who Framed Roger Rabbit are on their way to me, should be here tomorrow.

Also getting Judge Dredd and The Shadow, just because they're fucking quality films.

I need to get Who Framed Roger Rabbit, too.

EEVILMURRAY: Truely a man of good taste.

I watched this aswell, it convinced me to get Bugsy Malone which I now suggest everyone gets, it's fantstic.

I agree with you on PotC - shouldn't have even been on the list imo. Lion King should of been higher, same goes for Aladdin and where was Matilda? Grr...

Cool Runnings being at 49 is a crime. That film clearly deserves at least a top 20.

Such classic characters as Sanka. And the bit with Junior and the big guy in the toilet.

"I see pride, I see power, I see a bad ass mutha, who don't take no crap off of nodoby!"

im not so sure on that Et being number 1. it was an alright movie i never showed much interest in it all only seen it once. the rest of the top five no the top 10 I've seen countless times.

Cool Runnings being at 49 is a crime. That film clearly deserves at least a top 20.

Such classic characters as Sanka. And the bit with Junior and the big guy in the toilet.

"I see pride, I see power, I see a bad ass mutha, who don't take no crap off of nodoby!"

Cool Runnings deserves to be much higher, i agree. Me and my brother watched it together not long ago, and we both love it.

I think ET definitely deserved to be in the top 10. I'm not sure if number 1 spot is correct, but its pretty damn close.

Edit: Can anyone find A Muppet's Christmas Carol? I can't seem to find it in the top 100.

I wanted to see Muppet Christmas Carol too, or Muppet Treasure Island... but there was only The Muppet Movie, probably to stand for all of them, kinda like Lord Of The Rings, which is in no way a family film I say.

You mean that the Muppets Christmas Carol didn't even get into the Top 100?!

This is a travesty!

What?! that film brought me up! Screw my parents!

The Muppets Christmas Carol is the best film ever, I watch it every Xmas! That deserves a number one spot for me, that or Beauty and the Beast.

The best family film, nay, the best film of all time is without a doubt, Back to the Future.

Beauty and The Beast is in my opinion among the best of the classic Disneys. Both Toy Story's are also brilliant.

Grr...most boring sci-fi film ever at number one....

(why is 11 between 5 and 6?)

I take it that sequels aren't allowed? Just that the 3rd LotR is a thousand times better than the first one (the first one deserved to be in the top 10 anyway).

E.T!! there aveing a giraffe that film sucks

But the ride at Universal kicks ass!

I saw it when it was first one, but these programs draw you in and you end up watching the whole thing, especially with Bobo narrating. Poor Bobo, Super Mario Bros didn't get in the 100. He must be turning in his grave.

Anyway, I can't remember where the Goonies came, but I assume around the #1 mark. :D That movie is the best movie ever. Also, I like PotC, but noway does it deserve to be THAT high when Back to the Future is only in 7th place. Actually, that is pretty high. I was glad to see Spirited Away up there, even if it wasn't that high. Beetlejuice, Bugsy Malone, Edward Scissorhands and Gremlins all deserved their place. Ghostbusters as well. And Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Oh! They're all good I guess.

Liminy Lickit a series of horny events, great for all the family, educational for the kids. It should definitly be number 1.

Couldn't they have made an alternate page with just a big list, instead of having to look through all 20 pages (they only show 5 on each page) to look for a film.

The cocked up the first top 10 page, LotR is at the bottom underneath no. 6, but with no. 11 next to it. :heh:

Sign in to follow this