NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

What a sad end for the great one.

I think it was absolutely class, the way he went off, and he will forever be a hero in my eyes because he's shown (even if were looking outside the realm of football) that he won't take shit from anyone, and he doesn't care what people think of him.

Also: This is sexy:

0e6e4be9c44f2ebfb0c1b9b04af119ef.gif

You've basically described about half the chavs that live in the UK, you know.

Having a violent temper and not being able to control it isn't something to proud of. It's not the case that he "won't take shit from anyone", it's that he can't take shit from anyone.

This kind of behaviour is unacceptable, especially when you're representing your country in the finals of a World Cup.

Basically, if you watch it, Zidane walked away, and as he was, the guy who he headbutted said something. I have an idea of what was said - translated into English its " useless (insert offensive racist name) piece of faeces"

I'd have expected Zidane to walk from it, but being his last game, and him being passionate for the game, I guess he was being too emotional, and had a moment of madness.

I don't think him striking out at a player in a world cup final was quality, nor resorting to violence was a quality move. nor do I think it was good that his very final action in a professional game was to cause an intentional foul, and get a red card and end his career in disgrace. but looking purely at the headbutt in itself - that WAS a quality headbutt. what was nicer was Zidane's header that Buffon had to save - that would have been sweetness if it had gone in.

But yeah, in summary, quality headbutt, but it was stupid reaction, dissapointing end to a career, especially for a world cup final.

Can't imagine what Zidane must feel like

How could someone say something like that especially if it was a racist thing. I know Zidane shouldn't have reacted but thats awful if it was racist as they are bastards. I still thank Zidane for providing me with the most entertatning football this world cup in teh Brazil game.

Any respect I might have had for that man is now lost. What he did is inexcusable, and I can't believe people on here are trying to defend him. Just because he is a 'legend' doesn't make it OK to headbutt someone, even if his victim was a bluenose shite.

nope, i don't know either, but i don't really care. only found out the result of the match by accident when loaded up yahoo to check my emails. only knew the match was even happening today because i saw something about it on bbc world when i was trying to catch up on important world events (EI not the world cup)

Until yesterday, I thought the final was on Saturday, and I didn't know about this incident until just now.

I hate it when people asume that everyone watches the world cup - I havent seen a single match this year, because of my opinions on the industry (its no longer a sport) called football.

Any respect I might have had for that man is now lost. What he did is inexcusable, and I can't believe people on here are trying to defend him. Just because he is a 'legend' doesn't make it OK to headbutt someone, even if his victim was a bluenose shite.

Totally agree.

You've basically described about half the chavs that live in the UK, you know.

Having a violent temper and not being able to control it isn't something to proud of. It's not the case that he "won't take shit from anyone", it's that he can't take shit from anyone.

This kind of behaviour is unacceptable, especially when you're representing your country in the finals of a World Cup.

Aww dude, your making me feel bad for my post now..

But that was a sweet headbutt, he should of controlled his anger now, we have a new Rooney. Oh wait, he's not new...

it was a disgrace the way a "Proffessional" behaved. he was a great footballer but he is an idiot. that is what he will be remembered for and he deserves it.

saying that he didn't loose the game for france the manager did as soon as he put on 3 times a gay trezagay. most overrated player on the planet.

zidane is a legend and always will be but this will be remembered as his low point, it such a shame that his wonderful footballing career had to end like that. also, i feel it has undermined the italian win which isn't really fair.

what does everyone think of zidane being awarded the golden ball? some italian guy on channel 4 said that the award should be given to someone else. i think journalists voted at half time for zindane so his award should stand even if he cant control his temper.

Since when did Marco Materazzi support Birmingham City?

I feel so sorry for zidane, but if that **** said something rascist I would have done the same thing. (that doesn't mean I condone it). It just means that at times it is hard to control your anger. Just because he is a 'professional' doesn't mean he isn't a man, and men make mistakes.

At least he still got the golden ball award.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5154248.stm

Oh right, so being racist is a good thing is it? It's funny how you only look at Zidane being in the wrong, and not at the whole scenario. Obviously you must be very good at controling your anger, but not everyone else is. I'm not saying what he did was the right thing to do, but writing him off over this little incident is stupid. People Head-Butt people everyday, but the MEDIA is trying to make out what Zidane did, was the worst crime crime in football history.

And as they say, (most of you will probably disagree with me), actions speak louder than words.

BTW, i'm not attacking you for saying what Zidane did was wrong, just that I think you should have been a little more open-minded. At the end of the day that Italian player is a **** as well.

what does everyone think of zidane being awarded the golden ball? some italian guy on channel 4 said that the award should be given to someone else. i think journalists voted at half time for zindane so his award should stand even if he cant control his temper.

I would have given it to cannavaro anyway, hes been absolutly awesome in every match of the world cup.

Yeah, after watching this:

I can understand why Zidane did it. I won't condone his actions, but I would have done very much the same thing.

I think he always was overrated, one of the best players in the world for sure, but not as good as they make him to be. Not only that he's also an arrogant prick, like (I'm sorry to dwelve into stereotypes :P) some french.

I think he still deserves the golden ball award. Fifa havent been able to control racism and Zidane couldnt control himself. But Zidane at least gave us moments of wonder while Fifa and the referees just screwed up horribly.

I have to say, if he called a zidane something along the lines of "algerian fag" or something like that, then i wouldnt be surprised that he did that.

I mean, im assuming thats what was said, a racist comment. And frankly i dont think anyone could tolerate racist comments.

Where has this whole racist thing come from? Can anyone provide convincing evidence that a racist comment was made? Thought not. Bloody hell, everything is fucking racist these days, isn't it? :mad:

I can't believe what i'm hearing here.

You're all saying that if you were in a world cup final, and you heard a racist remark, you would have headbutted that guy in the chest?! I'm sorry, but how can anyone call that right? Zidane is a professional, he is supposed to overcome things like this without violence.

A few years back, England were playing in Turkey (pretty sure it was against turkey) and players like Sol Campbell were being called racist names by the crowd. The players, to their credit, shrugged off this remarks and played the rest of the match. You didn't see anyone of them running into the crowd, full throttle and give the guys a kick to the face (a la cantona).

Materazzi isn't mean in that way. He's a total ass sometimes with ridiculous tackles and elbows all over the place, but he takes all consequences without talking. This guy has never spent more than five words talking to a referee, and I doubt he is, or can be, mean in a verbal way.

Zidane sometimes goes crazy. He missed nearly every match of the '98 World Cup when he crushed a Saudi Arabian leg for no reason at all. I think this was a moment Zidane's dark side came out again. What a time to do it.

Now he'll be remembered as the guy with the headbutt. What a way to say goodbye, well done.

What the hell that guys a psychopath quite literally. You just cant treat people like that. Shame that he got the better of Zidane.

I can't believe what i'm hearing here.

You're all saying that if you were in a world cup final, and you heard a racist remark, you would have headbutted that guy in the chest?! I'm sorry, but how can anyone call that right? Zidane is a professional, he is supposed to overcome things like this without violence.

A few years back, England were playing in Turkey (pretty sure it was against turkey) and players like Sol Campbell were being called racist names by the crowd. The players, to their credit, shrugged off this remarks and played the rest of the match. You didn't see anyone of them running into the crowd, full throttle and give the guys a kick to the face (a la cantona).

Well its about time the racism in football is brought under the limelight. If that guy said something racist he should've gotten the red card and not Zidane. Abuse is abuse and Im sick of Racism in football being turned a blind eye.

Sign in to follow this