NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

What a sad end for the great one.

If someone was racist to me, i'd do a lot more then a head-butt.

I think most of us would.

yep sure...

Just to let you know, people are racist because they are complete tools, and of cousre they want to provoke you, they WANT you to react. The best way is never by phsyical action, as you are stooping to their level.

Well placed words work the best as does does ignoring.

this is my advice from experience.

As for football, the biggest disgrace is when its by the fans, but thats what happens when you lets fascists into stadiums.

Zidanes action is completely inexcusable, if it were a racist or otherwise taunt then he should have brought this up with the officials.

Materazzi is dick many times, to let you know, but i have yet to see any confirmation on what he said or did.

yep sure...

Just to let you know, people are racist because they are complete tools, and of cousre they want to provoke you, they WANT you to react. The best way is never by phsyical action, as you are stooping to their level.

Well placed words work the best as does does ignoring.

this is my advice from experience.

As for football, the biggest disgrace is when its by the fans, but thats what happens when you lets fascists into stadiums.

Zidanes action is completely inexcusable, if it were a racist or otherwise taunt then he should have brought this up with the officials.

Materazzi is dick many times, to let you know, but i have yet to see any confirmation on what he said or did.

Of course this is easier said than done, and in the emotive atmosphere of your last game even harder to restrain yourself.

Not sure where all this racist malarky is coming from, the tabloids probably. His agent himself has said it was something serious not racist, with reports from france being about his mum.

If someone was racist to me, i'd do a lot more then a head-butt.

But then you're just as bad as they are.

Do you think Martin Luther King would have earned more respect and achieved such greatness by headbutting white people?

Do you think Martin Luther King would have earned more respect and achieved such greatness by headbutting white people?

He wasnt the one who got the civil rights act done in 64.

Remember, there was malcolm X and the black panthers.

zidaneobiwankodeine.gif

I don't know, I think the situations are much more different. Emotions were high, and it was right in Zidane's face. He wasn't giving speeches or making rallies, he was just a guy taken over the edge. Professional? No. Understandable? Yes.

Not sure where all this racist malarky is coming from, the tabloids probably. His agent himself has said it was something serious not racist, with reports from france being about his mum.

I don't buy it, I think they're just saving face till Zidane speaks out himself. I don't see him doing something like that in a world cup final over a meaningless and generic insult to his mother. A racist slur would be a lot more provactive. Guess we won't know till Zidane says atleast something.

Edit: Taken off the Something Awful forums:

World-Zidane apparently called "dirty terrorist"

PARIS, July 10 (Reuters) - France captain Zinedine Zidane was apparently called a "dirty terrorist" by Marco Materazzi before he head-butted the Italy defender in Sunday's World Cup final, the anti-racism group SOS Racism said on Monday.

"According to several very well informed sources from the world of football, it would seem that the Italian player Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'," SOS Racism said in a statement

No i don't but like I said often it is easier said than done. We all make mistakes and cope with things in different ways.

Erm yeh and the thing is zidane is a lgend and shouldnt be summed up by one mistake but your rules are yours and mine are mine so just because we stand on different sides of the fence it doesnt mean we cant live in the same garden. And play football in it with Zidane.

OK I just watched the news and they got in an Italian lip reader to find out what was really said.

Basically the Italian player (don't know his name, marrielli or something) said to ZZ the following:

''No''

''Calm down''

You're a liar''

''I wish an ugly death on your family'' (refering to Zidane's mother)

and finally... ''Go fuck yourself''

So he had good reason to lay the smackdown on him.

Personally, I don't care what was said to Zidane in order to provoke that reaction. He should not have attacked Materazzi, even if it was racist or whatever.

He's a professional footballer and not just an ordinary one at that. He's been one of the best players this world has ever seen and is up there with the likes of Pele and Maradona IMO. Whatever Materazzi said, Zizou should not have done what he did. I'm sure he regrets what he did as well.

Of course this is easier said than done, and in the emotive atmosphere of your last game even harder to restrain yourself.

That is not an excuse, clearly then he is weak in the mind.

Remember its not the first time zindane has done something of this calibre.

Apparently Zidane's Mum was seriously ill and was sent to hospital that morning, so you can understand what he did if it was an insult directed to his family.

Funny how all the lip readers say different things. Materazzi has commented that he definetely didn't say anything about Zidane's mother as mothers are holy. He said he made a common insult (one you hear on the field all the time is what he said) because Zidane had been arrogant to him during the match.

Sign in to follow this