NEurope
Hellfire

New Wii pics!

@ demonmike: right next to those gc entrances...It's under that small flap.

And there's any chip suported by nintendo :p

Regarding the power drain the Wiimote will have compared to the wavebird:

-the wavebird does not have rumble features

-the wavebird does not have an incorporated small speaker

-the wavebird does not have motion sensing capabilities

With that in mind, those 3 features put together will make the 2 AA batteries last less time compared to the wavebird. But no worries, it'll last long enough and you can always get a pair of rechargable AA's.

How am I supposed to put my wavebird GC controller in that thing, if the flat doesn't bend the whole way? :shakehead

And another thing I've always been wondering...how the hell do you determine who's player 1 and 2 and such? Who's "in charge"?

Cant you see that the wii-mote has four lights at the bottom of it.

P1010315-2.jpg

I think he knows that, but doesn't know how they are assigned, I mean, if you put four controller in front of the TV, who's gonna be the 1st? is it random?

P1010315-2.jpg

OF COURSE I SEE IT.

But like Pedro said, how do you know who's going to be player one? Player one is always the person who has his controller plugged into the first slot. But since the Wii doesn't have those, how do you determine who's who?

OF COURSE I SEE IT.

But like Pedro said, how do you know who's going to be player one? Player one is always the person who has his controller plugged into the first slot. But since the Wii doesn't have those, how do you determine who's who?

The first controller the Wii detects.

Modding chip? =S

I hardly know anything about this stuff, so i cant detect if your being sarcastic or not..

WAIT ONE MINUTE!

newiiphoto3.jpg

Were the hell am i expected to put my cube memory cards? Im not sure whether its in the other compartment in the pictures because its too damn dark.

I think there's probably 2 flaps. The back of that looks as though it can lift. And like magic, 2 memory card ports.

How? ::shrug:

Uhm, wirelessly? Wii uses wireless technology to transfer information from the wiimote to the Wii, so surely it can detect controllers when you move them in the Wii's vincinity. And if it detects several at start up, it just assigns it randomly and then saves that info until you take the controllers out of the Wiis range.

Atleast that's how I think it'll be.

And arab_freak, since Wii has wireless out of the box, it might mean that you don't need the Wavebirds recievers since it will be inbuilt.

Maybe at the start of a multiplayer game it says "Player one tap 'A' now" etc.

The buttons are stolen from The DS Lite

I think it was prolly more likely the DS Lite buttons (and the Lite itself) were designed around the Wii buttons and console so that when the Wii is released it and the Lite match up.

Or you know as its the same company and probably the same design department, they decided to match them up for funsies.

Uhm, wirelessly? Wii uses wireless technology to transfer information from the wiimote to the Wii, so surely it can detect controllers when you move them in the Wii's vincinity. And if it detects several at start up, it just assigns it randomly and then saves that info until you take the controllers out of the Wiis range.

Atleast that's how I think it'll be.

And arab_freak, since Wii has wireless out of the box, it might mean that you don't need the Wavebirds recievers since it will be inbuilt.

hmm, I think that each controller will have an unike id. So that the Wii will remember who's who.

So that when you have bought a new wii-mote you [some how unknown way] tell the wii to search for new wii-motes. when it finds one, it tells you to press "a" (or something) on your new wii-mote. And it stores the new id as whatever player you like.

DS Lite came out first, therefore, Wii stole the buttons :p

But we saw pictures of the Wiimote's D-Pad way before the DS-Lite was announced.

Maybe at the start of a multiplayer game it says "Player one tap 'A' now" etc.

Wouldn't that just cause people to quarrel? :S

Wouldn't that just cause people to quarrel? :S

Multiplayer is all about the quarreling.

Was just an idea ::shrug:

I say it will be like the Xbox 360. Anyone here that played local multiplayer and can enlighten how does it work for the Xbox 360?

The player you are on the Wiimote your light is brighter than the other 3, thats what i heard.

I think he knows that, but doesn't know how they are assigned, I mean, if you put four controller in front of the TV, who's gonna be the 1st? is it random?

that's a pretty good question, it carn't be done automaticly. With that sync button under the flap i think you will find that you actualy have to boot in to a menu or something to sync up the controlers in this menu you could select the player selection for each remote maybe using the up, down, left, right arrows of the remote.

I think there's probably 2 flaps. The back of that looks as though it can lift. And like magic, 2 memory card ports.

Im 99.9% sure we could see those in the first ever shots of the Revo...

But we saw pictures of the Wiimote's D-Pad way before the DS-Lite was announced.

Mmmph.. mmpphhh

*edgworth style*

How do the wireless controllers work on 360?

Simple the 1st person to turn their controler on becomes player 1, the next players 2 and so on.

Im sure the wii will use a simular system.

I got a wireless and wired 360 controllers.

you pres the guisde button to make it first player youd probably know, but my bro plugged in the controller when we came to play co-op GR:AW, and it recognised his controler as player one.

then i turne my conotroller on to connoect andi t was #2.

Itll be the same on the wii controller i hink, press and hold the home button to turn it on an the wii will recognise and connect it as number 1. then when you turn on another it'll add it as 2.

may not sound riht, but when youve seen it done, then it makes perfect sense.