Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be totally fair it was only a goal because the keeper is all over the place. I saw a similar goal last year when Robert Green let in a long range cross/short by Carlos Edwards at Luton. Looks amazing, but with the keeper on the deck lessens the quality. Of course thats just my opinion. Still a good goal.

I'm a bit pissed off. Just watched the United-Reading game, and i'm a bit annoyed with various things.

First of all, the 'defensive mentality' of some teams in our league. "oh, we won't win, so we'll just spend the majority of the game on the back-foot and hope for the best."

Second, the Gary Neville handball. It wasn't a handball, and i can't believe it was given as a penalty. His hand was blatantly at his side and i don't think any malice or intention was there.

Thirdly, we seem to have lost some tempo lately. Against Arsenal and Reading, we have dropped in performance. We are definitely missing players like Giggs and Park, and we should have played Saha from the start.

Damn it United!

Will have to watch the game on Match of the Day to see the handball insident, but the BBC match summary also claims it was harsh!

We really shouldn't have any problem beating teams like Reading, can't wait to see Giggs back in action! At least one good thing came from todays game, the return of Heinze!

First of all, the 'defensive mentality' of some teams in our league. "oh, we won't win, so we'll just spend the majority of the game on the back-foot and hope for the best."

Thats nothing new and as a fan of a big club you should be used to it by now, its unfair to expect the smaller teams like Reading, Watford, Sheff Utd to play all out attacking football against the bigger sides just so they can beat them 5-0. No its down to the bigger teams to break them down and show that they want the 3 points more imo

Thats nothing new and as a fan of a big club you should be used to it by now, its unfair to expect the smaller teams like Reading, Watford, Sheff Utd to play all out attacking football against the bigger sides just so they can beat them 5-0. No its down to the bigger teams to break them down and show that they want the 3 points more imo

You make a fair point. But, when it comes down to it, its always a game of 11 versus 11, so you could argue that both need to want it to deserve it, imo.

Why was Brown dropped for Vidic? he is a pony who cant head the ball to save his life....Brown is playing at his best...i dont get it.

Oi, don't knock the Vidic. I like him. :heh:

Richardson is really having a poor season, so far. I think i screamed at him a few times. No wait, I KNOW i screamed at him lots.

I don't expect the other teams to play all out attacking football, but at least make an attempt to win the game

Being a Celtic fan I am well used to this sort of thing, recently our game against Dunfermline ended 1-0, they played with 10 men behind the ball the entire game and even when they were losing didn't even try to play anything resembling football

oh and in todays game against a diddy team Celtic ran out easy winners against Rangers, with Thomas Gravesen and Kenny Miller both scoring their first goals for the club :laughing:

Agreed. I know how it feels....I'm an Arsenal supporter. :grin:

Why was Brown dropped for Vidic? he is a pony who cant head the ball to save his life....Brown is playing at his best...i dont get it.

Why the hell was Brown dropped? I had him in my fantasy footy team dammit!!!:laughing:

Anyway great result for the gooners today! The win against United and this win against Sheffield is reinforcing my faith in this Arsenal team.

BTW, went to the Fulham/Chelsea match today. Was very good I thought. I was so close to the players!! Booed Cashley Cole every time...:laughing:

Small squad = Bad.

There are many phrases I would associate with Shola: "Dependably Mediocre" "Forgettable" and "Not Much Cop, Really" but "Blistering Pace" ... no... not one of them.

We are really going to pay for not making more defensive and attacking signings during the summer: our midfield is strong with imaginative, reliable and hardworking players -Parker, Milner, N'Zogbia and of course, the excellent Emre.

Our defence has never seemed to gel -Carr is losing it, Ramage is a hard-worker who would probably push for an international call-up if he were given the chance. Moore and Taylor are great and Babayaro is solid. But ever since Keegan, we just haven't had a defence that has inspired me with confidence.

2-0. :yay:

Morton are now 5 points ahead of Cowdenbeath in the D2 table.

Leeds beat Birmingham 3-2 GET IN THERE! :grin:

Now...

Carling Cup Third Round tie versus Leicester. O'Neill's old club. yipe.

Away game against Chelsea. This is the real challenge, after this game, we'll see just how good revitalised Villa are.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!