N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that Slaven Bilic would just shut the fuck up. It seems like every month he says something about England, this month, he's said that "England think they can win games just because they are England."

I don't think that's what McClaren, or any other manager, have ever told the team before the match: "You can win this! You're England!"

Mind you, Mike Bassett did sort of say that before they played Mexico. :hmm:

Beckham still should not be in the side. He played well but there are others that can play just as well and are fitter faster and younger
That's rubbish!

Who would you have replace him? Lennon, Wright Phillips?

That's the reason Steve Mclaren dropped Beckham as he thought the new generation would be coming through, but neither have improved considerably!

Beckham has never been about speed, but he doesn't need it.

And even though it's never been part of his game you can tell he's been working on it because he showed some impressive pace in the Brazil game and out turned/tricked a number of their players.

There is no-one better at picking out people for free-kicks, picking out peoples runs and delivering the ball RIGHT to them, switching play to the opposite side etc...

And his talent at free-kicks can change a game in an instant.

His pressence is everything as well! Any goal keeper will fear a Beckham free-kick!

You can tell the majority of players feel happier with him there (Terry was singing his praises all week), and he lifts the crowd! Plus IMO, it feels more like England with Beckham there, he just seems to tie everything together and make England seem more of a force!

That may have been a bit of a rant, but I'm tired of people saying Beckham is past it!

His form for Real Madrid and the fact he was probably the best player on the pitch against Brazil (though Gerrard also played well) show that he's still at the top of his game!

Even Mclaren (after the game), had to admit Beckham was the best right sided mid-field player in the world! So you left him out why?!

...Now Lampard on the other hand!

Retro_Link and myself have just signed up for the englandfans membership, shall hopefully be going to see England Vs. Germany on 22nd August - will be my second Wembley game!

Yeah as Raw said, just signed up to englandfans.

Thanks for all your help Platty!

Will an e-mail be sent out nearer the time regarding tickets?

No problems. I may see you guys there for a beer :)

e-mails dont usually get sent out I dont think.

A three-day priority sale will be held for englandfans members only between midday on Friday 29 June and 5.00pm on Sunday 1 July.

Just log into Englandfans between those days and you will get your ticket.

looks like Ribery is off to Bayern for £16m. Bayern are not playing this year, first Luca Toni, then Ribery and maybe Klose next.

Bayern are a huge club and I like the German League but i disappointed in Ribery. he made such a big deal earlier in the season saying how he will only stay if Marseille qualify for the CL. the team makes the CL and now Ribery leaves for a team who not in the CL next season. proper kick in the face!!

ah man I hope the club signs Cisse and two quality players or next season gonna be a struggle..

part of me wants england to lose, i know thats wrong but it wud finally mean crappy mclaren would see the exit doors...
I'm so fed up of McLaren, never liked him!

We need to start establishing a strong team that work well as a unit together and learning each others games;

not making rediculous decisions such as playing Dior at right back! when there is absolutely no reason for it!

he needs to drop lampard tbh, just doesnt have the balls to do it...
Yeah he does!

However, the worrying fact is that McLaren doesn't actually see a problem with Lampard! (or has acknowledged one!)

I read in the paper the other day;

Mclaren saying he honestly couldn't understand where the booing of Lampard had come from at the Brazil game, what had prompted him being targetted and that he thought Lampard had put in a great performance!

That is worrying!! Has he not been watching Lampard over the past year!

There was also a stat. in the paper that Lampard has only scored once in the past 14 games! You'd think McLaren would be able to see it!

Unfortunately if McLaren can't see it, Lampard will be here to stay!

Thing is Lampard will prob have a good game tomorrow as it is only Estonia and he will be like I told you so....but it's ESTONIA! Even I could get out there and rule the midfield.

He should start with Gerrard and Carrick in centre mid.

Thing is Lampard will prob have a good game tomorrow as it is only Estonia and he will be like I told you so....but it's ESTONIA! Even I could get out there and rule the midfield.

He should start with Gerrard and Carrick in centre mid.

Yeah unfortunately he could have a good game, let's hope not!

I agree, Gerrard and Carrick, and then Hargreaves can alternate with Carrick when he's fit (or decide on who works best).

Even Bridge plays a strong holding role! I'd prefer him to Lampard at the moment, which would free up Gerrard to go forward!

Also, Lampard appeals to England fans.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6716949.stm

It's not the team the fans aren't getting behind Lampard! It's you!

arsenal are in way too much debt, wenger couldnt sign ribbery even if he wanted too...

tbh the gooners really look like they could slip outside of the top 5 this season - people say wenger is building a team and its in transition period, much like we (manchester united) had been in... but the big difference was, that fergie had the funds to bring in the people he wanted (evra, vidic, van de saar etc...) - wenger doesnt have it...

We've got a nice healthy transfer budget, yes we owe the world bank, and some other investors for our new stadium. But the place has been pretty much sold out for every first team game this season, we also secured Champions League money. We also announced a 70 million increase in profits. People always babble about how we're poor, the board makes the money available, its just Wenger never bloody spends it!

And this whole transition period is non-sense, if we believe that story we'll keep settling for fourth. Truth be told, the last two seasons we've not been consistant, at times (ie Sheffield Utd away) we've been shite. This coming season, I'd like to think its not a transition, this is the team, we're here to play, get on with it.

I reckon we could afford and get Riberry at Arsenal, its whether Wenger wants him and is willing to act quickly about it.

if henry goes anywhere it will be barca imo and i would not blame him, he's pretty much achieved everything possible at arsenal

ant - im sure rafa will sign half of la liga...

Seriously that Henry rumour is doing it's rounds Big Time on the Liverpool forums :wtf:...Not even joking here guys there could be something major in this.

I'll keep you posted, Dad just got a few emails from sources within the club, could be onto something here, i'll keep you posted

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!