NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

As far as I'm aware Allerdyce was wanting to push for the champions league and even though Bolton were getting this £50 million or so from these new TV deals, he was being told he'd have to sell Anelka for transfer money. That's a board with no ambition if you ask me. As for the style of football Bolton played under him, that was a way of playing suited to the squad he had (Souness once moaned after a defeat "They play a type of football that's suited to the players they've got" as if it was some form of cheating, to which I screamed "It's called ****ing tactics Graeme, maybe you should try it?!"

If he tried to play Arsenal style football with that squad they'd have got torn apart, as it was Bolton were a team that the top 4 didn't like to play against because of his effective gameplan.

I was surprised at Big Sam's departure (obvs.) but I've got other things on my mind:

Steve Bruce, his stupid potato-face, and his ugly, loaned-from-Arsenal players, wearing those shirts with the most disgusting club emblem you have ever seen, and the entourage of fat, ugly, chav, chavette, disgrace to Birmingham, fatter than the Geordies, binge drinking, pot smoking, wankers that they call their fans, watching the likes of Man U and Liverpool at their tiny shithouse of what is supposed to be a football stadium when it looks worse than shite still coming out of the arse of the dead, naked, raped body of Ann Widdecombe, being watched by the fucking annoying pricks of co-owners who bought an old FA Cup trophy, which has the words "Aston Villa" engraved on it three times, because they know that they'll never win an FA Cup, and also want to move the worst football club in the world to a huge 60,000 capacity stadium just so they can have the privilege of hosting England matches while the famous and immortal Villa Park rots away, in the Premiership, the supposed greatest Football League in the world!

I'm only going to say this once:

The Premier League is the not the greatest Football League in the world if the Small Heath Arseholes are in it!

One of the reasons why I like N-Europe is because there aren't any fucking Bluenosed shitehawks on here!

It's football fans like you that give it a bad name.

I understand there is a rivalry going on but jeez relax man.

Mackems have come up as well, see all the paddys on the telly supporting sunderland with crisp new shirts in spite of Keane having a tantrum and costing them what could have been their best run in the world cup.

Big Sam was a great manager, he got wonderful results out of a relatively cheap team full of average players. Bolton currently lay 5th in the table, that's a great position for a club from such a small town.

If he had the money to spend and a big name club to manage he'd have really shined. I would imagine most Bolton fans are gutted.

Great win for Olympique Marseille vs Sochaux (4-2)

Ribery was superb with 3 assists and 1 goal. Cana, Cisse and Nasri got the other goals. Now joint 3rd and 3 points off 2nd so CL qualification is looking good!!

the english premiership is 194832483274372747X better then the french leagues...

And La Liga is miles better than the Premiership but who cares.

Villan, I have no idea why Lyon signed Baros. Proper strange signing by GH.

In terms of Big Sam's budget, he's been there eight years and his net spend is less than we paid for Babayaro.

Villan, I have no idea why Lyon signed Baros. Proper strange signing by GH.

Simple, Baros played under Houllier at Liverpool.

the english premiership is 194832483274372747X better then the french leagues...

put the crack pipe down

The premiership is the best football league in the world, I think the only one that comes close Serie A

There was talk in college Big Sam is going to Man City. Others said Newcastle.

sounds like your college buddies read the 'good' old british newpapers.

nobody will really know who big sam is going to until he actually signs a contract and that club issues a press release stating that he has done so.

wait and see is the best thing to do.

put the crack pipe down

HA HA LOL at the EPL being better than La Liga. technically La Liga pisses all over the EPL. Name me another major league in europe that has 4 teams fighting for Championship in April?

hey you might like watching Center backs launching the ball 80 yards/shoddy defending etc but I like too watch football being played the way it should be. Chelsea vs Liverpool last week was terrible, both teams just launching the long balls forward.

don't get me wrong, I love the EPL but the Quality of football in La Liga is superb.

Villian, GH never use too play Baros when at liverpool though. he spent most games on the bench. I think GH panicked as Lyon had really bad injuries with no strikers fit.

HA HA LOL at the EPL being better than La Liga. technically La Liga pisses all over the EPL. Name me another major league in europe that has 4 teams fighting for Championship in April?

hey you might like watching Center backs launching the ball 80 yards/shoddy defending etc but I like too watch football being played the way it should be. Chelsea vs Liverpool last week was terrible, both teams just launching the long balls forward.

don't get me wrong, I love the EPL but the Quality of football in La Liga is superb.

La Liga is fantastic however i feel over the past few seasons the EPL has been better than it. La Liga feels very cosmetic compared to the passion of the EPL.

sounds like your college buddies read the 'good' old british newpapers.

nobody will really know who big sam is going to until he actually signs a contract and that club issues a press release stating that he has done so.

wait and see is the best thing to do.

If I was a betting man, I'd wait to see if Man City get purchased, if so, then expect Sam to go with them. If not Newcastle.

id prefer newcastle myself, purely for the reason that glenn roeder annoys me more than stuart pearce.

La Liga and the Premiership are very equal now, some years ago, when Man United kept winning it every year, La Liga was clearly better. Serie A is now a mere shadow of what it once was.

Since Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United made it to the CL semi finals, a lot of people seem to have come to the conclusion that this means that the Premiership is the best league in Europe. However, I think that's a bit of a crap argument, because those three teams, along with Arsenal, are a long, long way ahead of the rest of the league in terms of quality, and it's hard to see anyone breaking into the top 4 ahead of this established elite. In Spain though, that has happened this year with Sevilla mounting an impressive title challenge, and the likes of Villareal and Osasuna have similarly (and, admittedly briefly) risen from obscurity and racked up some impressive points totals in La Liga. There is a lot more depth in the Spanish league, and as far as I'm concerned that's more important a criterion in determining the 'best' football league than the success of a handful of teams on the European stage.

Not to mention the fact that Spanish football is better to watch... but we'd best not get into that.

Since Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United made it to the CL semi finals, a lot of people seem to have come to the conclusion that this means that the Premiership is the best league in Europe. However, I think that's a bit of a crap argument, because those three teams, along with Arsenal, are a long, long way ahead of the rest of the league in terms of quality, and it's hard to see anyone breaking into the top 4 ahead of this established elite. In Spain though, that has happened this year with Sevilla mounting an impressive title challenge, and the likes of Villareal and Osasuna have similarly (and, admittedly briefly) risen from obscurity and racked up some impressive points totals in La Liga. There is a lot more depth in the Spanish league, and as far as I'm concerned that's more important a criterion in determining the 'best' football league than the success of a handful of teams on the European stage.

Not to mention the fact that Spanish football is better to watch... but we'd best not get into that.

this man speaks the truth! (for once ;) )

Great win for Olympique Marseille vs Sochaux (4-2)

Ribery was superb with 3 assists and 1 goal. Cana, Cisse and Nasri got the other goals. Now joint 3rd and 3 points off 2nd so CL qualification is looking good!!

Dude, what ya think of Ribery leaveing Marseille? his been linked with Arsenal, personally I'll have him at Man United :heh: