NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Funny to clearly hear the Chelsea lot singing "It's so quiet at Anfield" over the home support though.

that happened when I was there with pompey this year...

lol too true, the way they blabber on about the 'Kop end' and the great Anfield, I bet it's not half as intimidating playing there as it is at either Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford.

Probably the funniest thing I've ever read.

Not sure what everyone's problem is to be honest. We were the better team, won the tie, and we're in the Champions League final yet again. Surely that's something that should be congratulated, not met with bitterness and contempt?

..although the football might not have been great to watch at times, the match was made by the fact that it was resting on a knife edge for over 120 minutes and then into penalties.

I don't really see the need for bickering in this thread.. Liverpool are through to the Champions League Final and fully deserve it in my opinion.

Jose Mourinho is coming across as a very sore loser and saying that only Chelsea went out to win and that they were the better team last night seemed ridiculous.

Just over a week ago I actually said to someone- I like Mourinho, he's good to watch. Since saying those words, my view has almost went to the other end of the spectrum. Trying to sway referees in his pre-match conferences.. taking digs at Liverpool.. I felt he got what he deserved last night. Rafa has a lot more class about him.

Can't wait til May 23rd now (just over a week after my birthday aswell :yay:). Hopefully will be given a late birthday present. Also, good luck to Man United tonight, would like to see them in the final. But just for the runner up medals : peace:

that happened when I was there with pompey this year...

Could you do me a favour and throttle that **** with the bell next time you're at a match? I rate Pompey's support but that guy does my nut in, imagine having a season ticket next to that goon. Someone told me he got banned after getting into a fight in Smogland with some Boro lads last season, but no such luck apparently.

Liverpool deserved to win last night's match, that I cannot argue, but we deserved to win the first match by more than the one goal I thought!

I think overall penalties was the most fair way to decide which team went through as they were pretty much equal over the two legs!

Liverpool didn't turn up for the first leg and Chelsea didn't turn up for the second! Simple as that I'd say!

Oh right, just another bitter, jealous **** then? I'd best not mention you're embarrasing episode in Paris last year, or point out your lack of history, or remind you that you've won fuck all this year and look set for a 4th place finish.

I'm not jealous, this season we don't deserve to be in the Champions League final. I was just standing up for the geordie because you got all 'intertoto' on us because we disagreed with your view of the match being entertaining.

And lack of history, what the fuck mate. You Liverpool nob jockies think that European Cups = history. Maybe I could lend you my Arsenal the official history videos, might be educational for you. We may not be a consitant silverware team but we've got lots of history, denying that is just ignorant.

Also don't get too excited mate, we could steal third, and you could still lose the Champions League. Wait to the end of the season, we'll have a review of honours then.

lol too true, the way they blabber on about the 'Kop end' and the great Anfield, I bet it's not half as intimidating playing there as it is at either Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford.

Lies. The Kop is th loudest fans in the Premier League. You can't argue that, especially when you use Stamford Bridge as one of the counter arguments. Watford's fans sing louder then them.

Not sure what everyone's problem is to be honest. We were the better team, won the tie, and we're in the Champions League final yet again. Surely that's something that should be congratulated, not met with bitterness and contempt?

I'm not saying you don't deserve it, you do, and I hope Liverpool make it another exciting final like in Instanbul. You jsut got all mincy because some members didn't think the match last night was all that. And in my opinion it wasn't, both teams looked scared, too many hoofs and longs balls. Some players didn't turn up. But then again look at Arsenal's semis last year, we were dire in the second leg at Villareal, its not how you get to the final, its getting their that counts.

IWait to the end of the season, we'll have a review of honours then.

Nah, we'll do it now if that's OK :D

Liverpool:

18 Leagues

7 FA Cups

7 League Cups

5 European Cups

5 UEFA Cups

Arsenal:

13 Leagues

10 FA Cups

2 League Cups

0 European Cups

1 UEFA Cup

:D :D :D :D

I meant honours for this season specifically. But what ever.

You forgot to mention that out of those 18 League titles, none of them are Premier League. :-\

Could you do me a favour and throttle that **** with the bell next time you're at a match? I rate Pompey's support but that guy does my nut in, imagine having a season ticket next to that goon. Someone told me he got banned after getting into a fight in Smogland with some Boro lads last season, but no such luck apparently.

Yes Mr.Portsmouth Football Club is not loved by a lot of us trust me, I've heard a lot pompey fans whilst I've been travelling to away fans and the common view is that he is a f***ing c**t he got kicked out at anfield this season, remember when we got promoted he got up on the roof at ipswich he got kicked out for that funnily enough, he is banned from a lot of grounds...

I would unveil the new Aston Villa badge to you now. But seeing as the banter over Liverpool's win hasn't died down yet. I'll wait...

I would unveil the new Aston Villa badge to you now. But seeing as the banter over Liverpool's win hasn't died down yet. I'll wait...

do show...

Would just like to take this moment and quote myself.

I can see Liverpool doing it tonight and I want them to aswell.

Anyway glad Chelski are out to wipe that smug face off Jose.

I wont get to see Man Utd tonight as im at work and we dont get sky sports at work. This = me sad.

I hear Rio and Vidic are fit but I wouldnt want them to be rushed back. We somehow have to stop Milan from scoring. Would hate to lose just 1-0 and go out on away goals >_<.

Would just like to take this moment and quote myself.

Anyway glad Chelski are out to wipe that smug face off Jose.

I wont get to see Man Utd tonight as im at work and we dont get sky sports at work. This = me sad.

I hear Rio and Vidic are fit but I wouldnt want them to be rushed back. We somehow have to stop Milan from scoring. Would hate to lose just 1-0 and go out on away goals >_<.

Key to Milan not scoring is having Vidic and Rio play, I can see us scoring. Seeing Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes and Giggs in one team has goals in'em all the time

I think the best thing man utd can do is go for it the first 20-30 mins have a real good go at them and pour men forward and grab a goal, then force milan to really attack at them (which I don't think they will do before hand, think they will sit back and wait for their chance), something that doesn't come natural to italian teams... then hit them back on the break.

See the scousers celebrated in traditional style by burgling Pepe Reina before he got back from the match :grin:

See the scousers celebrated in traditional style by burgling Pepe Reiner before he got back from the match :grin:

It's Pepe Reina.

Just realised and edited, it's the other one who's spelled reiner innit.

I meant honours for this season specifically. But what ever.

You forgot to mention that out of those 18 League titles, none of them are Premier League. :-\

The Premier League is just a re-branding of the top league in the English Footballing leagues...

Let me guess, you are one of them people who believe football never existed before 1992...:|

Let me guess, you are one of them people who believe football never existed before 1992...:|

At least some liverpool fans are a bit like that though, singing "You've never won fuck all" to a team that until last year had won the FA cup as many times as them.

Can't wait for tonight! Gonna be an amazing game. I hope.

Plenty of goals I see being scored.

Come on you Devils!

At least some liverpool fans are a bit like that though, singing "You've never won fuck all" to a team that until last year had won the FA cup as many times as them.

The only team that can challenge Liverpool at all in England in terms of honours are Man Utd...

Liverpool FC

18 League Titles

5 European Cups

Man Utd

16 League Title (Soon to be I'd imagine)

2 European Cups

Among many others, I am just fed up of this new culture that has crawled into football, un-educated glory hunters who deny that football didn't exist before 1992.

Victim of the Sky Sports Generation...

No I just used the fact that out of 18 league titles none of them were Premier League titles to show that you haven't won any of those 18 titles recently (in footballing terms).

I am just fed up of this new culture that has crawled into football, un-educated glory hunters who deny that football didn't exist before 1992.

I totally agree.

We shouldnt live on the history of our teams but it sure as hell shouldnt be forgotten.

The only team that can challenge Liverpool at all in England in terms of honours are Man Utd...

Liverpool FC

18 League Titles

5 European Cups

Man Utd

16 League Title (Soon to be I'd imagine)

2 European Cups

Among many others, I am just fed up of this new culture that has crawled into football, un-educated glory hunters who deny that football didn't exist before 1992.

Victim of the Sky Sports Generation...

This is what I'm talking about, when it grates that other teams are enjoying more success at the expense of a team with a perceived divine right to honours, stats come out about the fact Liverpool won the league in 1901 and 1905 and Man United didn't. But Newcastle have won "Fuck all" because their FA cup wins and league titles weren't on Sky.

I totally agree.

We shouldnt live on the history of our teams but it sure as hell shouldnt be forgotten.

All the Villa fans live in the clubs history, cannot deny it, but it is because we like to rub it in the faces of the Bluenoses, as they have a relatively poor history.