NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

At least some liverpool fans are a bit like that though, singing "You've never won fuck all" to a team that until last year had won the FA cup as many times as them.

No I just used the fact that out of 18 league titles none of them were Premier League titles to show that you haven't won any of those 18 titles recently (in footballing terms).

It's just a name, it is still England's top league and we have won England's top league 18 times...:|

We have Won 18 Top League Titles, Wether they have been won in recent time is irrelevant, We have won alot more to compencate, granted we where garbage in the 90's but I'll say that Liverpool on the up once more!

We are the most succesful team this current decade, where we have won every trophy possible that we could of played in , Apart from the World Club Cup and Obviously the league...

2 X FA Cups

2x League Cup Finals + 1 X Runners Up

1X UEFA Cup

2x Charity Shield + 1 X Runners Up

2x Super Cup

1X European Cup Possibly 2 ;)

Plus the World Club Cup Final

yeah it annoys me that nobody ever rememebers a very interesting stat, that pompey held the FA Cup for the most consecutive years as we won it the year before the war, always a good pub quiz one that...

but more importantly we are one of only five English teams to have won back to back titles since World War II. Winning it in 1948-1949 and 1949-1950, just because these titles were the old division 1 doesn't make it mean any less....

This is what I'm talking about, when it grates that other teams are enjoying more success at the expense of a team with a perceived divine right to honours, stats come out about the fact Liverpool won the league in 1901 and 1905 and Man United didn't. But Newcastle have won "Fuck all" because their FA cup wins and league titles weren't on Sky.

Newcastle haven't won nothing in 40 Years, reguardless wether it was on Sky or not...They have top notch support, but they have won nothing in a long time

However I do agree with your sentiments, about Sky, Throughout the 90's Man Utd dominated, and to be honest they did it at the right time. "The Premiership" was the forefront of World Football, and Man Utd capitalised upon it.

Sky ruined football

I actually went to a match at 3pm on a Saturday last month :shock:

Was quite a novelty.

This is what I'm talking about, when it grates that other teams are enjoying more success at the expense of a team with a perceived divine right to honours, stats come out about the fact Liverpool won the league in 1901 and 1905 and Man United didn't. But Newcastle have won "Fuck all" because their FA cup wins and league titles weren't on Sky.

I actually went to a match at 3pm on a Saturday last month :shock:

Was quite a novelty.

We had to wait till December 9th last year for our First 3pm Kick Off...

Disgraceful...

But the thing is mate, you have pretty much won fuck all, and what little you have won was a long, long time ago.

We had to wait till December 9th last year for our First 3pm Kick Off...

Disgraceful...

agreed actually...only 1 of the 5 games I've been to this season was a 3pm K.O

Whilst it is great for a club to have history, I think a lot of you are going a bit overboard...

Yeah, it's amazing how many league titles Liverpool have won. But, it has to be a bit startling for the fans when they realise that the last of those league titles was in the 1989-90 season. That's nearing on two decades ago.

It is phenomenal for them to have managed two champions league finals (winning one of those, yet to play the other) and an FA Cup win in 3 years, but really, I still find it extremely odd that the team are struggling to compete with the top 2 or 3 in their own domestic league.

But the thing is mate, you have pretty much won fuck all, and what little you have won was a long, long time ago.

Uh-huh. 6 FA cup wins is fuck all, 7 FA cup wins counts for something. A liverpool fan having a go about others living in the past when you rely on league wins in the 1900s to prove you're better than Man U.

Whilst it is great for a club to have history, I think a lot of you are going a bit overboard...

Yeah, it's amazing how many league titles Liverpool have won. But, it has to be a bit startling for the fans when they realise that the last of those league titles was in the 1989-90 season. That's nearing on two decades ago.

It is phenomenal for them to have managed two champions league finals (winning one of those, yet to play the other) and an FA Cup win in 3 years, but really, I still find it extremely odd that the team are struggling to compete with the top 2 or 3 in their own domestic league.

very true, the season before liverpools last champions league victory they finished 4th and were closer points wise to the bottom than the top...

I don't really have a problem with Scousers, it's just some of their fans are arrogant divine-righters, along with a fair few cockney/Irish/Scottish hangers on who plumped for them because they were winnign stuff when they were growing up.

Was at the second last game before the Kop got torn down and there was a good atmosphere. We had some cracking games with them and a good crack after, especially one match where we sang Never Walk Alone and their lot gave us a chorus of Blaydon Races. Canny few of them waited outside and shook our hands afterwards as well (Think we beat em 3-1). Although I know some people who went to Anfeild in the 80s and got variously robbed, spat on and had pool balls and bottles of piss thrown at them in the ground so maybe we were lucky.

Our problem in the premiership is definately the beginning. We need to sort out our form then, not near enough December. If we had started the season well then we would be up challenging for the title. I assume it was a mixture of new players getting used to the team and players being tired still from the World Cup (Although obviously other teams would have the same problem and they may not have suffered). Alonso was one that didnt get his form back until Nov/Dec.

I don't really have a problem with Scousers, it's just some of their fans are arrogant divine-righters, along with a fair few cockney/Irish/Scottish hangers on who plumped for them because they were winnign stuff when they were growing up.

Was at the second last game before the Kop got torn down and there was a good atmosphere. We had some cracking games with them and a good crack after, especially one match where we sang Never Walk Alone and their lot gave us a chorus of Blaydon Races. Canny few of them waited outside and shook our hands afterwards as well (Think we beat em 3-1). Although I know some people who went to Anfeild in the 80s and got variously robbed, spat on and had pool balls and bottles of piss thrown at them in the ground so maybe we were lucky.

Hate it when people spout shit such as that, The '80s was the worst decade for football, for many reasons, Away games where just warzones, Anfield was no different, and neither was any other ground in the country.

Besides, you ask Barca fans, Betis Fans, PSV, European fans who have made their way to Anfield and what they have made of us, the city, the people and the club.

Overboard, Theirs nothing overboard about it, Liverpool are the most succesful team in English Footballing History, regaurdless of when our success where, and when we last won the league...

No one has beaten our records

Though you have a point, how can we Beat Barcalona Away and Draw against Sheff Utd, Says more about the quality of the English league than anything else...

Though you have a point, how can we Beat Barcalona Away and Draw against Sheff Utd, Says more about the quality of the English league than anything else...

Or that Liverpool can up there game when playing against the big teams....

Overboard, Theirs nothing overboard about it, Liverpool are the most succesful team in English Footballing History, regaurdless of when our success where, and when we last won the league...

No one has beaten our records

But then look at Arsenal's 49 (or was it 50? I think Man United beat them on their 50th game) unbeaten streak and look where they are now. I mean, it's fantastic for a club to have a history, but teams like Nottingham Forest have a history, but you really have to concentrate on the now.

Hence why I think it's odd, like you said, that the same team that can beat Barcelona can also draw against Sheffield United. But, you could say that it's just football, and that's the beauty of it.

However, it still baffles me. You look at what Liverpool can do, their squad and you think "right, they should really be fighting for top spot." However, I think they're inconsistant. I really do think that the team underestimates Premiership clubs, hence why they don't tend to do as well as they should there. If they really treated every game as a big game, and we know that Liverpool can turn up for big games, then they really should be fighting for the top spot in England.

Or that Liverpool can up there game when playing against the big teams....

Our Record within the "Big Four" is very very poor, in the league anyway.

Our Record within the "Big Four" is very very poor, in the league anyway.

Aye, it could be better. It probably should be better. But, when it comes to European games, Liverpool just seem to move up a gear.

Why can't they do that more often in the league?

Aye, it could be better. It probably should be better. But, when it comes to European games, Liverpool just seem to move up a gear.

Why can't they do that more often in the league?

I usually blame that on Benitez just understanding European teams a lot better and the tactics to use against them. Also how to win over 2 matches but since weve been Chelsea twice now in Champions League semis you do have to wonder.

But then look at Arsenal's 49 (or was it 50? I think Man United beat them on their 50th game) unbeaten streak and look where they are now. I mean, it's fantastic for a club to have a history, but teams like Nottingham Forest have a history, but you really have to concentrate on the now.

Hence why I think it's odd, like you said, that the same team that can beat Barcelona can also draw against Sheffield United. But, you could say that it's just football, and that's the beauty of it.

However, it still baffles me. You look at what Liverpool can do, their squad and you think "right, they should really be fighting for top spot." However, I think they're inconsistant. I really do think that the team underestimates Premiership clubs, hence why they don't tend to do as well as they should there. If they really treated every game as a big game, and we know that Liverpool can turn up for big games, then they really should be fighting for the top spot in England.

Concentrating on the now, as I said Since 2001 We have won every trophy apart from the WCC and the E.P.L...."What you have not seen, you can never understand".

Like Carragher said "These are the glory years"

I really don't know what it is with us and the E.P.L, I Am fed up of this, "Maybe Next Year" thing with us, but I think Rafa is getting it right, remember it took Fergie a few years to win his first league, and it took shanks 8 Years!

I usually blame that on Benitez just understanding European teams a lot better and the tactics to use against them. Also how to win over 2 matches but since weve been Chelsea twice now in Champions League semis you do have to wonder.

Haha, you're right, it does make you wonder. Liverpool, imo, also outplayed Chelsea in near enough every department yesterday, so that should be an added bonus. :heh:

But, on to tonight, it's going to be so tense for us United fans. :(

Benitez style of play and management is much more suitable for Continental football, and He knows that, that's why I fear he may go to Real Madrid one day because he would be un-believeable their, winning everything.

I think he needs a season or two to get everything in place, but 2 European Cup Final's in 3 Years...Including 4 Trophies and 1 Final isn't anything to be sniffed at

Benitez style of play and management is much more suitable for Continental football, and He knows that, that's why I fear he may go to Real Madrid one day because he would be un-believeable their, winning everything.

I think he needs a season or two to get everything in place, but 2 European Cup Final's in 3 Years...Including 4 Trophies and 1 Final isn't anything to be sniffed at

Nobody was sniffing at it, just wondering how he seems to have accomplished so much on a Cup level, yet seems to struggle when it comes to the league.

He's a fantastic manager, and you better hold on to him. He's much better than your last one, anyway.

I still feel sorry for Houllier, the guy really did love Liverpool and nearly died managing us. Plus we managed to get 5 trophies in 6 months with him, got to respect that.

I still feel sorry for Houllier, the guy really did love Liverpool and nearly died managing us. Plus we managed to get 5 trophies in 6 months with him, got to respect that.

I never really liked him. Not sure why, but I just didn't feel anything for the guy.

Bring back Claudio Ranieri, haha. :)