NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Thank f*ck Essien is back for the next leg!

I can't agree more! He's been immense for us this season! Given 100% in every role that's been asked of him and he's performed in those roles too!

Talking about penalties you know Jose was saying penalties are not given against man utd.....

Well there have been 4 penalties awarded against Man Utd this season.

How many for Chelski? 2.. Don't think Jose can really moan do you?

Yeah but were any of them at old trafford?!

Very true. Penalties are rarely awarded to away teams at Old Trafford.

I'm backing Liverpool all the way against Chelsea at anfield. They want to rest the whole team against Porstmouth and hammer Chelsea 2 or 3 nil at anfield. You never know, Liverpool are the best Champions League team in history.

Talking about penalties you know Jose was saying penalties are not given against man utd.....

Well there have been 4 penalties awarded against Man Utd this season.

How many for Chelski? 2.. Don't think Jose can really moan do you?

Yes he still can, especially when they're blatant stone-wall pens!

I see he's half retracted his statement about the "penalty" we should have had last night...still, he's right in saying the ref still got it wrong as it was still a clear handball, just outside the box.

I feel as if I should hate Jose Mourinho, but I don't, perhaps because he has respect for the Villa and for Martin O'Neill, but also because seeing him at WWE Raw at Earls Court on Monday night was the funniest thing I've seen on WWE since The Rock asked somebody if they was looking at his "stroodle." Rock's penis

I can't agree more! He's been immense for us this season! Given 100% in every role that's been asked of him and he's performed in those roles too!

I reckon he should have got a nomination for PFA player of the year, easily.

I reckon he should have got a nomination for PFA player of the year, easily.

I think the only reason he didn't is because he switched to so many different roles during the course of the season, also, I can't argue with United's midfield being all in there, they've been fantastic.

Van Der Sar being in team of the year is beyond me, it's a joke! David James should easily have been in it! I'd even have Cech above Van Der Sar even though he missed 3 months of the season!

I think the only reason he didn't is because he switched to so many different roles during the course of the season, also, I can't argue with United's midfield being all in there, they've been fantastic.

Thats a good point, but its still a shame, oh well next season. I also reckon if Mikel keeps playing as he does recently we will take the young player award. How old is Cronaldo? I will he still be a "young player"?

Yeah but were any of them at old trafford?!

Yes 2 of the 4 infact. Gary Speed for Bolton and Baines of Wigan have both scored a penalty at Old Trafford this season.

Chelsea havent been given any against at home all season and have only been given 2 against when away from home. Yet they have had ample given to them. Infact 6 overall which is more than most.

Im just stating that I dont understand Jose rants when clearly his team have had more luck than most teams this year when it comes to penalty decisions. Take Blackburn for example...go check out their penalty record this year.

Ok that's 1! Isn't there some ridiculous stat like in the last ten years only 4 penalties have been given at old trafford?!

kav82! I agree I was gutted to see David James not make the team. In 35 league games this season he has conceded just 38 goals, that is the best record outside of the top 5 all who have much bigger resources to call on..and are a much smaller team. He has also made so many world class saves this season it is unbelivable...

EDIT.

I quick look at Carling Opta shows Van Der Sar isn't even in top 5 keepers:

Goalkeepers Team Saves Saves/shots

Hahnemann Reading 155 79%

Friedel Blackburn 140 74%

James Portsmouth 132 78%

Howard Everton 124 82%

Carson Charlton 119 71%

Ok so this can be misleading, because he probably hasn't has as many saves to make which is why the likes of Carson are high cause charlton have been shite! But still Carling Opta are the official stats of the member league.

Ok that's 1! Isn't there some ridiculous stat like in the last ten years only 4 penalties have been given at old trafford?!

Actually it's 2 this season.... one against bolton and wigan. Oh and also Arsenal were awarded a penalty at Old trafford but missed.

So thats 3 penalties given to away sides this season... so you are telling me in the other 9 years only 1 more penalty as been awarded to an away team? give me a break.

Where are you getting your facts from? Penalties are not given that often you know, I dunno why everyone gets so annoyed but it all. I would like to see other teams stats for the past 10 years to compare.

I'm surprised that some of you Arsenal fans out there don't remember getting a penalty at Old Trafford this season.

Well, maybe you would have remembered if it was converted. :heh:

All this talk about getting no penalties at Old Trafford is exaggerated. Watch pretty much any game, any week, and you'll see penalty claims get turned down by referees when perhaps they shouldn't have been.

look at the defence van de saar has in front of him, that is the reason his save rates aint as high as the reading keeper and co... the fact is when hes asked of, he makes crucial and vital saves + decisions at the very top level

Yet recently he's been vunerable and also at fault to a couple goals!

And the United Pen stat is a total of 5 pens awarded to the away team at Old Trafford since the Premiership began... or something like that!

Yet recently he's been vunerable and also at fault to a couple goals!

And the United Pen stat is a total of 5 pens awarded to the away team at Old Trafford since the Premiership began... or something like that!

He's been vunerable because he hasn't got the most confident defence infront of him. It makes you edgey.

Look at Chelsea earlier in the season when Cech was out. It works either way. You need both a confident defence and keeper.

Also, 5 pens to the away team since the start of the season? Doesn't seem too dramatic to me...

He's been vunerable because he hasn't got the most confident defence infront of him. It makes you edgey.

Look at Chelsea earlier in the season when Cech was out. It works either way. You need both a confident defence and keeper.

Also, 5 pens to the away team since the start of the season? Doesn't seem too dramatic to me...

Not the season the whole life of the premiership so far.

Not the season the whole life of the premiership so far.

....o_O

And yet there are 3 I specifically remember this season. Where are you all getting your numbers from?

Exactly 3 of those "5" have been this year... I can't believe that only another 2 or so have been given since the premiership started at Old Trafford. Where are you getting facts from? I would also like to see all the other teams stats from where ever these people are getting their facts from to compare.

These stats are from Opta:

Penalties awarded against Man Utd at Old Trafford this season: 3

Penalties awarded against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this season: 0

Penalties awarded against Liverpool at Anfield this season: 0

Penalties awarded against Arsenal at the Emirates this season: 1

It's the fact that clear penalties are hard to come by at Old Trafford, you can't say that decisions like the one against Middlesbrough aren't seen much at Old Trafford, because through the years, plenty haven't been given when it's easy to see that they are definate penalties!

I'm surprised that some of you Arsenal fans out there don't remember getting a penalty at Old Trafford this season.

Well, maybe you would have remembered if it was converted. :heh:

Who needs penalties when you've Adebayor on the 85th minute.

Of course they were clear penalties and it's up to the ref to make that decision.

Many teams get CLEAR penalties turned down every week at various grounds around the country. Not just at Old Trafford.

Im just annoyed that people think there is some sort of rule like jose does when the stats clearly state that Chelsea have been one of the luckiest teams with penalties this season. For and against.

It's the fact that clear penalties are hard to come by at Old Trafford, you can't say that decisions like the one against Middlesbrough aren't seen much at Old Trafford, because through the years, plenty haven't been given when it's easy to see that they are definate penalties!

Penalties are hard to get by with any team, hence why you don't get 5 or 6 penalties a game. :heh:

But, like I said, watch other matches, and you'll see that it happens week in week out with almost every single team in the league. Bad refereeing? Bad linesman/men? Probably.

Besides, it's not like we blatantly take down players in the box in every single game. Yeah, the Middlesbrough penalty should have been given, but there will also be others like that, that will probably have not been given against Boro. Man United only get the flack for it because they're a high profile team.

Who needs penalties when you've Adebayor on the 85th minute.

I really can't stand that guy. 85th minute goal or not. :(

We played crap that game, such a disappointment.

I know that these things occur everywhere! It's just common knowledge that over the years it's happened more at Old Trafford!

Last couple seasons it was difficult to get one against us (Chelsea)!