NEurope
DiemetriX

Kojima: PS3 Is Like A Movie Theater, Xbox Is DVD, Wii Is A TV!

To me that sounds like no actual person is meant to buy a PS3. In fact you have to go to a building where they have PS3s that you pay to play on, like going to the cinema. Can't believe though that he is trying to say that the PS3 will be able to convery more emtion and epic-ness! What a load of crap, that's purely up to the games designer!

Also I shudder at the thought that he is comparing the production values of TV to that of Wii games. Mario Galaxy =/= Eastenders.

Frankly, I think that the analogy is shit.

To me that sounds like no actual person is meant to buy a PS3. In fact you have to go to a building where they have PS3s that you pay to play on, like going to the cinema. Can't believe though that he is trying to say that the PS3 will be able to convery more emtion and epic-ness! What a load of crap, that's purely up to the games designer!

Also I shudder at the thought that he is comparing the production values of TV to that of Wii games. Mario Galaxy =/= Eastenders.

Frankly, I think that the analogy is shit.

To be honest, if there's any console he's making out to be better, it's the PS3. He's bigging it up and claiming it'll give you a better experience. If you believe this, why would you want a Wii or 360?

The thing is, his comment was made in japanese, thus things might of been lost in translation. also, the japanese have different analogys then the west. so to us it sounds completely abstract.

good point there Bookerman, if only the translater was pro-Ninty and just said

Kojima: BUY A Wii!

Wait a mo'. In my experience the cinema is cheaper (especially with an Empire card £4.60 :) ) than a DVD Usually at least £6 in the sales!! And my TV cost £650, 3 years ago!!

Arrrggghhh... what does this all mean!!!

who cares what hes saids, he only one of the best developers out there and created one of the biggest franshises so why should wew listen to him,

now what am i trying to say

Wait a mo'. In my experience the cinema is cheaper (especially with an Empire card £4.60 :) )

Get a UGC card, for £120 you can see any film, any time as many times as you want for a year.

And thats probably cheaper than a wii :wink:

Get a UGC card, for £120 you can see any film, any time as many times as you want for a year.

Whats more expensive than a PS3?(U seen those crazy bundle prices) :shock:

Nothing...

Pshh, what a bullshit comment. He might as well just keep his mouth shut and continue his work which he dislikes so much.

your mum is like a movie theatre....

oh dear that was juvenile.

anyway. i think i am inclined to agree with the ps3 is uber thing. if money were not a consideration, i would definately buy a ps3+wii. xbox360 would stay on the shelf. there is no games that microsoft provide that interest me in the slightest.

unfortunately, i dont have as much money as kojima, so ill have to break into the local electronics boutique if i want one.

That could aslo be worded like this, You're more likely to play on your Wii than your 360 or PS3. I'm sure most people watch more TV than DVDs and going to the cinema.

I see it as more people will get a Wii than the PS3 and 360.But you can interpretate in so many ways though so you don't quite know what hes meaning.

That would be AMAZING, but the problem is we don't have a UGC cinema in Leicester (just Vue and Odeon!!). Boooo...

From far as I'm concerned I rarely find good films on cinema! Only american shit. The DVD's are a bit better, but the imports are expensive, and there's always that special TV Channel that show good indy films.

OMG... Is this true?

Kojima: Wii is the past

While a portion of this interview was already posted, Mr. Kojima said more about the Wii that we didn’t know about until now.

“The PS3 is a movie theater. You pay 1,800 yen and view a movie with great sound and a huge image. These aren’t movies that are remade directly from television, but video that’s been made for the movies, and everyone comes wanting that. Xbox 360 is watching a DVD at home. It’s for people who want to watch a movie, but anything is okay. The Wii is a television program. You turn on the television, and you can watch soccer or watch a variety show — enjoy a program lightly. If you think about the future of the industry and game creators, I get the feeling that the winner had better be the movie theater — or, the PS3. No one will say that the price is cheap. However, the PS3 is ‘the future.’ The Wii is interesting, but in terms of functions, it’s a machine with past concepts.. The best thing would be a PS3 with controls like the Wii.” - Hideo Kojima

I have no source because I picked it in another forum (with no source quoted) but I find it hard to believe.

Ahh yes. The Wii is a machine with past concepts. Yet, the PS3 is utterly brand new? What exactly is he trying to say here?

What exactly does he mean when says the Wii is a machine with past concept? Is he trying to say that innovation is a past concept?

Ahh yes. The Wii is a machine with past concepts. Yet, the PS3 is utterly brand new? What exactly is he trying to say here?

What exactly does he mean when says the Wii is a machine with past concept? Is he trying to say that innovation is a past concept?

If this is true his praising Sony for copying and presenting motion sensing in their controller and going as far as stating they should copy more.

Seems like it's confirmed I hadn't source but it's posted on:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/716/716039p1.html

and:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=3414

The source is ps3.ign, so I hope they got the translation wrong, if not... Kojima just dropped to the very bottom of my consideration list.

Here's a quote from the IGN link:

Kojima seems to feel that the PS3 is needed for the industry to progress. "If the evolutionary roads like the PS3 are closed off, the industry will no longer grow," he said. He used the film Poseidon's Adventure as an example of the film industry's growth from low-budget to high-budget films. "Making games for the PS3 will of course cost money, but if you put a stop to that, what will happen to the game industry? Is it okay if everyone just makes variety-style games? It will become like television is now. Comedians make an appearance in a quiz-style show -- that's not culture."

But of course, we should be praising this guy. He is Hideo Kojima after all.

Pfft.

But of course, we should be praising this guy. He is Hideo Kojima after all.

Pfft.

He is not the Hideo Kojima I thought I knew, this is just plain stupid.

Seems like we won't have any exclusive game from him after all... and I can't picture why would Kojima want to see snake in SSBB on a television... I mean... it's NOT culture, since when are games considered culture?

Also if technology is so important why did he stay with PS2? It's the less powerful system this generation after all. tecnically he could take so much more from a Xbox or Gamecube... this is going beyond stupidity, I say. He's not making sense.

He should show some work on the Wii, otherwise he can shove his analogys and hipocritical comments where the sun doesn't shine (his ass if that's too subtle).

QFT!

(people o quote themselfs have no friends)

Kojima says a lot of strange things latley:

Kojima wants a "PS3 with controls like the Wii"

Kojima, while a staunch supporter of goofy analogies the PlayStation 3, did consider its lack of rumble unfortunate, and questions why the company could not at least give the player an option to switch between using motion sensor and rumble features. In Kojima's words, "the best thing would be a PS3 with controls like the Wii."

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/30/kojima-wants-a-ps3-with-controls-like-the-wii/

QFT!
Indeed, I thought what you said was a little too strong back then, but now you're on-spot, damn, I'm so mad, I feel like someone has been lying to me all this time...

Kojima: "I love Nintendo me and Miyamoto are best friends, lalalala"

what a joke... but it's not laugh with kojima, It's to laugh at Kojima. what a silly man.

Of course Wii is the most inovative console and PS3 the most powerful, but saying it like he said is just... plain stupid and shows no ethics. I can't bare to think that I respected this man, I don't even know why I respected him anymore, any other than saying that this is not the kojima I thought I knew.

I'm still hoping for this to be some kind of misundertanding though, (but I don't think it is). usually I'm not this bitter.

Somebody put this bloke in a home, because it's blatantly obvious that he's past it now.

I'm reassured to know that i'll be playing the same game, but with nicer visuals on an even bigger television in the future. Nice one, Hideo.

Well if PS3 is a Movie theater..

I consider my local one a complete rip off, so i guess PS3 too is a rip off.

DVD, Dont own many of them, but that means i still have some. I have room for a 360..

TV, the most popular object in the known world. I believe he payed Nintendo a VERY good compliment.

And that is how you twist what some one is saying for your own good :)