NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haver

The Awesome Giant Squid Thread

_40847252_squid_kubodera_203.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4288772.stm

A live, adult giant squid has been caught on camera in the wild for the very first time.

Japanese researchers took pictures of the elusive creature hunting 900m down, enveloping its prey by coiling its tentacles into a ball.

The images show giant squid, known as Architeuthis, are more vigorous hunters than has been supposed.

AOL says 16ft tentacles. I would take that motherfucker down.

Not as awesome as this:

20000LeaguesPic.jpg

haha awesome film love it :D

This is really cool :), what an amazing creature. Maybe next they'll catch a mermaid on film :D.

If that thing came after myself I would seriously scream like a little girl, wet myself, and then faint.

Its amazing that there were only proven to exist a few years back when there are that big.

There´s alot we still don´t know is out there.

"The Awesome Giant Squid Thread"

I came into this thread expecting so, so much.

Man, that thing looks awesome. So the tales from the pirate days were true eh? Who would have thought.

But really, that photo could be of a 30cm long squid. Maybe it's all a conspiracy. woooooooooooooooo.

Indeed, incredible things lie beneath the waves. About 6 years ago one of my teachers was telling us about an enormous sea creature in the Indian ocean that was supposed to be extinct with the dinosaurs. Truly amazing that these things can be seen.

As for the squid, person was lucky they had a camera with them :P

Usually if your looking for rare animals you would bring a cam :p it just makes sense lol.

I suggest we send these guys to Loch Ness, find my old pal Nessie :)

Sign in to follow this