NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

The mysterious Nintendo suitcase

nintendo.jpg

This image comes from EDGE magazine, with the suitcase being shown off during E3. Was this a suitcase put together just to demonstrate the backwards compatibility, thus making it purely for show? Nobody kows just jet.

I think EDGE got it wrong, as it looks like that is indeed just for show.

dunno about that. why would ninty show off sega controls?

nice, but i think a converter of some kind for the old pads whould be good to, i still have 5 n64 pads laying arround.

If they were just for show, why would they bother making a cable from the SNES controler to the Wiimote?

If they were just for show, why would they bother making a cable from the SNES controler to the Wiimote?

Yeah why would they because you can't play with such a combination ....

For me it is nothing more than a nice PR picture.

For me it is nothing more than a nice PR picture.

What are u on about?!?!:sad: Nintendo could do whatever they wanted..

Anyway, I think it's just for show, there's already the Classic Controller for these, though I don't understand why there would be the wire if this was so. However, because of the Classic Controller I think this case was just to show all the different consoles involved in Wii kinda thing.::shrug:

Then why is the classic controller connected to the Wiimote in the same way?

My point is, i don't see why they would make a new SNES controller (well, new calble at least) just to show to a mag, then forget about it. Its just a waste of money.

I was thinking it was just too show off the 6 different system's games you can play on the Wii...but hang on a second where is the Gamecube controller!

To me that indicates that the Wiimote (in the centre, as it's the thing that connects them all!) will hook up to all these and Nintendo will be reproducing these controllers. The Gamecube controller will not connect to the Wiimote as it can plug into the system, that's why it is not there.

That's my theory anyway.

I think this is just to showcase what the Wii can play ion its VC, it would not be smart for Nintendo to release all these controller seperatly, because it would cost soo much and would make Nintendo seem as though they are money grabbers

Aah, so that's what was in the pulp fiction suitcase....

"you ain't got no problem Jules. I'm on the motherfucker".

I think this is just to showcase what the Wii can play ion its VC, it would not be smart for Nintendo to release all these controller seperatly, because it would cost soo much and would make Nintendo seem as though they are money grabbers

And what about the people who want to play VC games with the original controllers?

How do we know that the wire coming from the wiimote is actually going to the snes controller. it could just be a random wire, just to immitate that maybe[/] these can connect up, its just showing what consoles games will be playable is all i think really. Why would they do this, making the controlelrs conect up to the wiimote, then spend that money and time creating the 'classic' controller. It doesnt make sense, to me that is.

Edge probably put some old controllers a suitcase and took a picture of it. The Wiimote seems photoshopped in.

Edge probably put some old controllers a suitcase and took a picture of it. The Wiimote seems photoshopped in.

You could be right because they didnt say that was a picyure of them and a picture would take away the private part. Also they dont look like prototypes anyway.

Anyone else think the retro controller is a bit uncool? As in looking a bit uncomfortable to hold?

photoclassic4ch.jpg

According to hands on impressions, it's very comfortable, because it's small.

I think Edge just jumped on the speculation bandwagon with this one.

I saw this image somewhere before the edge issue came out. Does it really matter though? It's likely that these will get made as people will want to use the old controllers.

Then why is the classic controller connected to the Wiimote in the same way?

My point is, i don't see why they would make a new SNES controller (well, new calble at least) just to show to a mag, then forget about it. Its just a waste of money.

If any old Joe can buy them for £4 then I'd imagine its really not a waste of money for a multi-billion(or million) pound company who makes them anyway. Its just a wire, for all we know it was just glued on top.

its a snes controller with anologue sticks.Snes=best controller of all time so it should be fine

Really? I was worried about that! It looks horrible to hold.

I don't suppose anyone knows if it moulds nicely into your hands at the back?

Really? I was worried about that! It looks horrible to hold.

I don't suppose anyone knows if it moulds nicely into your hands at the back?

They (the people who held it) say that it holds more comfortable than the Snes controller because of the rounded underside.

Sign in to follow this