NEurope
Nintendork

The flap development..

How do you get your face on Wii Sports

You don't scan your face in. You make a caricature of yourself, in a create-a-character mode. That character can then be used in certain games, like future Wii Sports titles.

lol i never noticed the flap before lol that would be cool if there was a camera there though

Three pages and not one joke about flaps. :nono:

If there is a camera hiding there, Phil Harrison is going to explode btw.

Behind the flap is actually a picture of Baby Jesus and a piece of medicore chocolate in the shape of a snowman. It's a promo for the Wii version of Advent Children.

i think that the small black dot is a camera, or projector, or my personal favorite a detachable kaleidascope! that would deffinately make it so we see games in a whole new way!

Behind the flap is actually a picture of Baby Jesus and a piece of medicore chocolate in the shape of a snowman. It's a promo for the Wii version of Advent Children.

Hahahaha. That was awesome. :)

If the rumours of a camera are to be true, then we have to be sure that there are only three possible ways it could be implemented:

1. It is hidden underneath the flap at the front of the Wii
  2. It is a USB camera and attaches, by a lead, to a USB port at the back of the Wii
  3. It is an attachment that fits into the Wii-mote (this seems really unlikely, imo)

Three pages and not one joke about flaps. :nono:

If there is a camera hiding there, Phil Harrison is going to explode btw.

LOL, Der iz a cam in da FANNY flap, l0lzz

Err... Hang on a sec. Go Back and look at the 'behind the scenes' picture of the bloke opening the front flap. I know the inside looks different but... is it me or is there a small raised white circle just above the black void? I'll try do some photoshopping when I get home to illustrate this a bit more clearly... if someone hasn't already, that is.

Err... Hang on a sec. Go Back and look at the 'behind the scenes' picture of the bloke opening the front flap. I know the inside looks different but... is it me or is there a small raised white circle just above the black void? I'll try do some photoshopping when I get home to illustrate this a bit more clearly... if someone hasn't already, that is.

I was thinking that myself but i wasnt sure so i just kept my trap shut!

Damn, the more I look at it, the more it looks like a pull up handle. :heh:

Or import a jpeg from the SD card maybe >_>

thats a good point. Why cant you take a picture of yourself on a nomal camera, and with some software nintendo release, you can preview the picture on a wii sports character. then with the sd card in a port somewhere, being recognised etc, itll ask if its ok, you can make sometweaks, and then copy i to the card.

then you load it up on the wii. much more simpler than adding a camera behind a flap. imo

It's very doubtful that Nintendo would use real life images to put onto characters in games. Some of you might remember this feature was originally going to be included into Perfect Dark but was scrapped last minute as Rare thought it wasn't a good idea to allow people to stick faces of people they didn't like/friends onto a game character, which could be shot and killed. Imagine the public outcry from all the nancies. Also having a camera in that position would be pointless, my console wouldn't be at eye level that's for sure.

If it is a camera, and Sony (or their fanboys) start going "See! See! All that whining about Sony copying the Wiimote, and Nintendo copy Sony innovations!" will they have a point?

If it is a camera, and Sony (or their fanboys) start going "See! See! All that whining about Sony copying the Wiimote, and Nintendo copy Sony innovations!" will they have a point?

theycould have apont but the eye toy only trakc movement etc doesnt it, not exactly take pictures. thsi will take pictures, unless they implents some eye toy thing in it, which i dont see why with that kind of controller.

but i dont think they could go on saying nintendo copied ssony with a camera.

No they wont... the Gameboy had a camera before Sony had the eye toy :p

theycould have apont but the eye toy only trakc movement etc doesnt it, not exactly take pictures. thsi will take pictures, unless they implents some eye toy thing in it, which i dont see why with that kind of controller.

but i dont think they could go on saying nintendo copied ssony with a camera.

Actually, the Eye Toy does take pictures.

No they wont... the Gameboy had a camera before Sony had the eye toy

Also, Remember the GameEye that was announced for the GBA, before Sony named the Eye Toy (im guessing the'll make a "brand new" one for PS3 called the iToy). Nintendo then forgot about the GBA camera.

wiiflap1dv8ba.png

Im not sure... hmmm its so hard to tell if theres anything there

A headphone input at most..... Just think how stupid it would be to put a camera there... You would'n want it there in the first place

Wackman, you do have a point, Nintendo might sell the camera seperately. There is no doubt a camera will be availible for the Wii, but you havent shown evidence to support your claim that the picture of the supposed camera is photoshop.

Because it looks very different on a real photo behid "the flap". The SD card slot is much bigger and no camera like thingy (thank god). That's not to say that there won't be any more surprises. But let's hope this isn't a camera.

A projector woud be equally ridicilous. A good projector is expensive and doesn't fit in a Wi console (unless they came up with some amazing cheap laser projection technology......).

http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/sd-card-expansion-slot-on-wii/

Have you read this? He attempts to apply logic to the "projection" theory.

He basically fuels the conspiracy theories but maybe his ramblings might have some substance in the realms of possiblity?

...Some of you might remember this feature was originally going to be included into Perfect Dark but was scrapped last minute as Rare thought it wasn't a good idea to allow people to stick faces of people they didn't like/friends onto a game character, which could be shot and killed....

Actually, it wasn't removed because of that, Rare was having difficulties in raising the frame rate of the game when it was applying such pictures. The whole reason why they went for the expansion pack in the first place was so the game could use the extra 4 megs of RAM in order to get the game up to speed.

After no success, they dropped the GB Camera idea and opted to continue using the expansion pack anyway.

In terms of the Wii, it'll have a camera, somehow, but I think that this isn't the way Nintendo will do it.