NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Ten Reasons Why You Don't Need a PlayStation 3

Yechnically in life you dont NEED anything.

What about food and water?

This point is interesting:

Grand Theft Auto IV will be on the Xbox 360. Yes, there will be some exclusive PS3 titles, like Metal Gear Solid 4, but Sony no longer has a "Stranglehold" (pun intended) on top-shelf titles.

It's quite true. During the last generation, you were able to purchase a metal gear title on all 3 consoles. Grand Theft Auto and Final Fantasy (Crystal Chronicles) were each available on 2 consoles last generation. I believe that each console needs its fair share of exclusive games, and Microsoft have done well to ensure that the xbox/360 gets theirs.

Well you could always die

You definitely wouldn't need a PS3. You'd be a bit dead.

GTA IV on Xbox 360 will be on 3DVDs, which probably means you will have to switch DVDs when entering new areas. Meanwhile, GTA IV PS3 version will be on one BR disc thus probably making the experience flawless.

BTW. did you know that GTA III was supposed to be a Xbox exclusive, but Microsoft rejected the offer? It became such a big hit on PS2, if GTA III was a Xbox exclusive, i bet it would've sold MUCH better than it did.

The main Final Fantasy games were on PS2 and will be on PS3, GCN and Wii are only getting Final Fantasy spin-off games (i have Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for GameCube and i didn't like it very much, while Final Fantasy X is one of my favourite games).

i loved FF crystal chronicles. thought it was really fun in mulitplayer if it worked, my gba to gc lead. i spent ages on that game, wishing that you could have more than one spell. :D

some of them were stupid, some were ok. i would aree with some of them

GTA IV on Xbox 360 will be on 3DVDs, which probably means you will have to switch DVDs when entering new areas. Meanwhile, GTA IV PS3 version will be on one BR disc thus probably making the experience flawless.

Where did you get that information from?

Notice the two probably's?

Or maybe you mean the fact that the 360 version comes on 3DVDs? I'm 100% sure it was confirmed, i read it on gamespot i think.

Where did you get that information from?

From his ass, evidently. We have NO idea how big the game is going to be or how both games will be scaled. So don't go spouting bull shit when we have no idea about any of this.

I thought that's whats the HDD is for, and even if there wasn't any, you probably would only switch in key points through out the story.

From his ass, evidently. We have NO idea how big the game is going to be or how both games will be scaled.

:heh: That wuz funny...but I think that there is truth to it, If GTA 4 is the size of past GTA games they won't fit onto just one DVD, and they would need to have a system similar to the PS Final Fantasy games where you switch CD's. But it sure as hell doesn't matter to me, I hated every GTA I ever played, so I won't be getting it, regardless of whether they manage to cram it onto a DVD.

I don't need 10 reasons not to buy a PS3. I have one good reason.

I don't want one.

Precisely, seems like everywhere you look people are desperately trying to sell you on their opinion, I don't know why so many people have turned on Sony this generation, perhaps they see Sony's monopoly on videogames as unhealthy for the market, or perhaps they realise just how unfounded the hype for the PS2 and now the PS3 really is, but the fact of the matter is that most people aren't stupid, and they don't need to be fed mostly bullshit reasons such as on that site, they can see clearly what jackasses Sony are making of themselves plus, and most importantly, when they get one look at the price point and see that they're paying for functions that they don't even need, they will realise that they don't want to buy into the hype this time, especially when there's the 360 sitting across the store which plays mostly the same games with the (by now) ridiculously well selling Halo series for $250 less, or that new quirky Nintendo console thats going for a quarter of the price.

GTA is soo overated, the enjoyment of shooting strangers and stealing cars grew tiring very quickly.

People hate sony for their sheer arrogance. They think people will just pay $600 just because its a PS3. They think, as "market leader", that they are better and ahead of everyone else (in terms of technology) and everyone else views them as the standard. People have now seen through this overated playstation brand (i wonder how many of the 100million ps2s have been left aside and hardly used in the past 5 years?) and now many sony fans are beginning to say no.

Even though i will most likely not get a 360, but i applaud microsoft for their very strong strategy. They have hit the spot with xbox live the games they are producing are very high in quality, and the price is very reasonable. In my opinion they deserve just as much as nintendo to become the new market leaders.

The whole share thing is silly. Sony have said the games won't have the copy protection in them. The price is certainly one of the reason why I'm waiting a little before I get the console. There's certainly games coming though and I shall get them.

if GTA comeon 3 discs or more, im guessing itll only be tochange islands, its aways been about islands hasnt it? i didnt play san andres so i dont know about that, but the others ive played were all about islands. so as you cross itl ask to change the disc, like medal of honour does on the cube when you get to about half way.

I don't need 10 reasons not to buy a PS3. I have one good reason.

I don't want one.

QFT

The whole share thing is silly. Sony have said the games won't have the copy protection in them. The price is certainly one of the reason why I'm waiting a little before I get the console. There's certainly games coming though and I shall get them.

But if what Krazy Ken says is true and they'll be constantly upgrading it the price won't come down, not by much anyway.

BTW. did you know that GTA III was supposed to be a Xbox exclusive, but Microsoft rejected the offer? It became such a big hit on PS2, if GTA III was a Xbox exclusive, i bet it would've sold MUCH better than it did.

The main Final Fantasy games were on PS2 and will be on PS3, GCN and Wii are only getting Final Fantasy spin-off games (i have Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for GameCube and i didn't like it very much, while Final Fantasy X is one of my favourite games).

look if a game the size and graphics of oblivion could fit on one dvd then there is no problem with gta since the graphics are always bloody crap

look if a game the size and graphics of oblivion could fit on one dvd then there is no problem with gta since the graphics are always bloody crap

Listen to this man, Oblivion is bigger than all the previous GTA games and the graphics are still stunning. Personally I thought GTA San Andreas was too big for its own good, far too much driving through featureless countryside for my liking. If rockstar create a smaller but massivley more detailed city that would be great, theres no need for them to make the map huge just because they can - ala San Andreas. There is no reason why DVD space should ever become an issue in this generation of games.

im just gunna get a 360 and a Wii. the 360 will get a bunch of games i want that i cant get on Wii for example bioshock, GTA some on and so forth. then theres the wii which has mario, zelda, f-zero, donkey kong, smash bros etc etc.

the PS3 wont be getting many games that will be exclusive and are a MUST have...and theres NO way im forking out £425 (with no games) for a console that copies nintendo and just for a off chance that it gets FF7 remake and a few other must haves

2. You hate Linux almost as much as Windows

He cannot be more wrong

GTA is soo overated, the enjoyment of shooting strangers and stealing cars grew tiring very quickly.

People hate sony for their sheer arrogance. They think people will just pay $600 just because its a PS3. They think, as "market leader", that they are better and ahead of everyone else (in terms of technology) and everyone else views them as the standard. People have now seen through this overated playstation brand (i wonder how many of the 100million ps2s have been left aside and hardly used in the past 5 years?) and now many sony fans are beginning to say no.

Even though i will most likely not get a 360, but i applaud microsoft for their very strong strategy. They have hit the spot with xbox live the games they are producing are very high in quality, and the price is very reasonable. In my opinion they deserve just as much as nintendo to become the new market leaders.

i totally agree with this.I believe people are starting to change.Thats why i think the 360 will end up being the big winner.They really think people are going to buy ps3 for blur ray do they?most people havent even heard of it and most peoplelike me dont see a point to it.i believe the future is all downloading

Sign in to follow this