N-Europe

The Likelihood of a Kid Icarus Game on Wii?

Mimternet

If a similar post has already been started please delete - I searched but couldn't find out.

I've never played a Kid Icarus game and have no idea what the concept is, but after seeing Pit in Smash Brothers Brawl I have to say I have been excited by the potential of this character. Not only does he look like the coolest Nintendo character, ever, he also has wings and a sword!

Winged combat using the Wii controller is mind-blowing. I hope a Kid Icarus game sees the light of day on Wii... his being in Smash Brothers Brawl is certainly promising.

I think it's not out of the question, would kinda be made like Zelda Bow wise if on the Wii I'm guessing, but more like the NES one if made for DS/GBA.

I think they should also make a new Ice Climber game to be honest, some sort of 3D platformer with a random storyline would be fine :heh:

I think there's a good chance we'll see Kid Icarus on the Wii!

It would be a fantastic franchise to bring back for the next generation with the Wii controller!

If anyone wants to see a speed-run of the original Kid Icarus, to get some idea of what the game was about, here's a link;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7187645883092280282&q=kid+icarus

Game looks awesome when you are 3 treasures PIT - 22:50!!

Notice the game also uses the same sound heard in Zelda when you get something important - 18:00

The creator of Pit and the game Kid Icarus was so impressed with the model in SSBB, he asked Sakurai if he could use it in a sequel!

Ehh.. Source?

Still, I don't think it's so farfetched, they might make a new Kid Icarus game (even tho the creator is dead right? Wasn't it Gunpei Yokoi who made it?)

Not very likely IMO. They didnt make a new ice climber game when ice climbers were put in smash, so i dont think this will be any different.

Different situation. There was no demand for an Ice Climber game. There is plenty of, and has been for a long time, demand for a new Kid Icarus title.

Ice Climbers and Kid Icarus don't compare.

If a similar post has already been started please delete - I searched but couldn't find out.

I've never played a Kid Icarus game and have no idea what the concept is, but after seeing Pit in Smash Brothers Brawl I have to say I have been excited by the potential of this character. Not only does he look like the coolest Nintendo character, ever, he also has wings and a sword!

Winged combat using the Wii controller is mind-blowing. I hope a Kid Icarus game sees the light of day on Wii... his being in Smash Brothers Brawl is certainly promising.

There WILL be a KI game on wii.WHy else would pit be in smash brothers.Its a guarantee!:wink:

There WILL be a KI game on wii.WHy else would pit be in smash brothers.Its a guarantee!:wink:

Like samus in smash bros guaranteed that N64 metroid game that was so cool?

or Like the ice climbers game on the GC?

yeah, just like those two games.

I think this has more chance though, metroid had rumours during the N64 era, KI had rumours during the GC era, and I can imagine it being pretty good with the wiimote

To stray a bit from topic - A knight rider game with the hoffs likeness = cool.

They should do it.

*goes off to make obligatory petition*

Like samus in smash bros guaranteed that N64 metroid game that was so cool?

or Like the ice climbers game on the GC?

yeah, just like those two games.

To stray a bit from topic - A knight rider game with the hoffs likeness = cool.

They should do it.

*goes off to make obligatory petition*

techincally ice climbers was released as a NES classic on the gba.And samus HAD to be in it.Anyway metroid fusion on the gba was only a few years off it.

Its a feeling id bet on a remake based on miyamotos resonce every time someone asks him WIll there be a new kid I