Blackfox

World Cup Sweepstakes - last 16 announced! Page 5

1903_USA_Flag.gif

Say..when was the last time USA won the world cup...? ::shrug::cry:

Anyone want to swap..for say brazil or something. :D

Edit:

World ranking: 4

Odds: 100/1

Local view: "The US have a good team and in one-off games they have a good chance but they have a particularly terrible record against eastern European sides." Chris Bergin, USSoccerUK editor.

Our verdict: Unlikely to make much of an impression.

World ranking 4...that can't be right...?

I guess if like 80% of the people want to do it then I'll give out my paypal details, run it from my end.

Well you should have made everyone pay up before you did the draw, because now people like me, who have shit teams, are not going to pay. This is like letting people see the lottery numbers before they pay for their ticket :indeed:

Great Togo, i'm obviously gonna win now!

Where are you guys getting the rankings and 'locals views' from I wanna see Togo's!

World ranking: 59

Odds: 400/1

Local view: "People say they are only young boys with little exposure but that is not true as many of them play in Europe and alongside the world's leading players. They may spring a surprise - these players are the new generation of African soccer stars." Ebow Godwin, BBC World Service.

Great I do believe that would make Togo the lowest ranked team in the finals! Now do I want to put some money in the pot.... it's a tough one..... um....... NO!

Croatia:

World ranking: 24

Odds: 50/1

Local view: "A good result for Croatia would be to qualify from the group stage." Antun Samovojska, Editor Sportske Novosti.

Our verdict: Unlikely to repeat their exploits of 1998, but a place in the knockout stages is within their grasp.

I feel a little better now.

If no-one else is going to put any money in the pot, I'm just going to put £10 to the side and send it to who ever wins anyway. It'll be great watching everyone else sweat just a little as the tournament goes on. I like observing people being "interested."

Trust me to get Serbia and Montenago...

Monopolyman or MoogleViper have one this I reckon...

i would love to trade italy

I'll trade!

And if not I'll swap with you Arragaun...

Oh, and Bluejay, North Korea taking part in an international event, that's a good one! You're South, btw...

T049226A.jpg

Hmm, Poland. Very unpredictable usually.

World ranking: 28

Odds: 80/1

Local view: "Janas says our aim is to qualify from the group and make the last 16. If we do it we will have made progress, if not it will be disaster again. There are no stars in the team but the coach gets the best out of them. Nobody knows how, but he does." Robert Blonski, Gazeta Wyborcza.

Our verdict: No pushovers. A favourable draws mean the second round is a distinct possibility, but they are unlikely to feature in the latter stages of the competition.

i would love to trade italy for poland DOO IT

(italy was part of the axis power, so a big angry face from me)

You really want that trade don't ya? :heh:

Well Italy have not got their No.1 keeper this world cup, as he was kicked out of the squad because Juventus were match fixing or something. But their attacking way of play could see them get far.

I'd be up for a trade if you want Booker..........considering you've got issues with Italy. :laughing: I have to admit though, that Italian players are known to cheat quite abit and roll around on the floor when they get a slight nudge during play. That could surely be an advantage.

just imagine if T&T won the world cup hehe
Imagine winning a £5 bet at 1000-1! :shock:

Might be worth a flutter...

T049226A.jpg

Hmm, Poland. Very unpredictable usually.

World ranking: 28

Odds: 80/1

Local view: "Janas says our aim is to qualify from the group and make the last 16. If we do it we will have made progress, if not it will be disaster again. There are no stars in the team but the coach gets the best out of them. Nobody knows how, but he does." Robert Blonski, Gazeta Wyborcza.

Our verdict: No pushovers. A favourable draws mean the second round is a distinct possibility, but they are unlikely to feature in the latter stages of the competition.

You really want that trade don't ya? :heh:

Well Italy have not got their No.1 keeper this world cup, as he was kicked out of the squad because Juventus were match fixing or something. But their attacking way of play could see them get far.

I'd be up for a trade if you want Booker..........considering you've got issues with Italy. :laughing: I have to admit though, that Italian players are known to cheat quite abit and roll around on the floor when they get a slight nudge during play. That could surely be an advantage.

I care for my pride as a polish person, do me the honours pleeease

Come on, Japan!

For the Win! For the Win!

Wish i had a better team. Like...Latvia or something.

Ukraine:

World Ranking: 41

Odds: 50/1

Star player: need you ask? Andriy Shevchenko of course.

Qualified for Germany "comfortably"

First ever World Cup finals.

Local view: "Ukrainians are quite optimistic about their team's chances, drawing parallels with Croatia's successful World Cup debut in 1998. Blokhin (the manager) has promised a semi-final appearance."

Our verdict: A highly-talented group of players with a superb attack, headed by Shevchenko. Likely to progress beyond their group but probably no further than the quarter-finals

Sounds promising. Ukrainians such as our own Stefkov should expect the team to do well and make them proud.

Can I reserve myself a place for anyone that drops out?

Ah noooo I missed this because of revision! Can I double up with someone! (In a non gay sense) I will conrubute money to fund! If not then go Ivory Coast! I don't come from there or anything I was just moved by Athrillers unwavering patriotism.

World ranking: 1

Odds: 11/4 fav

Local view: "The current generation is spectacular, perhaps the best ever. If Ronaldo hasn't worn himself out during the season, he can really put on a show. He can become their top scorer in World Cups and equal Pele by winning his third. I'm backing him and Brazil to pull it off." Flavio Orro, TV Globo.

Our verdict: Even losing in the final will be seen as failure. Living up to such expectations will not be easy. They all have European experience, but so did the majority in 1998. With their talent the status of favourites is clearly justified and win or lose, there should be some moments of magic to cherish.

I'm not going to put any money in. Thus I think it only fair that if I do win and there is a cash prize I will donate it to charity.