Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Castlevania doesn't fit Wii says Igarashi

ShadowV7

Igarashi stated Castlevania does not fit with Wii, because the Wii market is for people who want to have new experience; these type of people do not have time to play lengthy games like Castlevania, according to Igarashi. The Magicbox also mentioned that he does not have a good idea as to how to make use of the Wii controller in a Castlevania game.

In April, Igararashi. told Nintendo Power that he "really like the controller" and "if the time allows and if [Wii] is well-received, then [he] would love to work on it." It's currently unknown if Igarashi's opinion of the Wii or desire to develop for the machine changed with the console's appearance at E3.

In addition to Igarashi's comments, The Magicbox also revealed a number of details concerning known Wii titles. According to the site, in the recently announced Bust-A-Move for Wii, players will point the controller at the location they want the bubbles to go. The game is slated for a Q1 2007 release.

In addition, Nintendo's Katsuya Eguchi touched on new features for the Wii edition of Animal Crossing. According to The Magicbox's report, you can swing the controller to cut trees, shovel, dig holes or fishing. Also, if the console is connected online, your friends can leave notes or gifts to you via the WiiConnect24 service, even when you're not around.

On a final note, SNK Playmore USA president Ben Herman discussed the company's future plans, saying the Metal Slug Anthology for Wii and PSP will not include Metal Slug 6, but that the title in question would likely see release on a Nintendo platform since, according to Herman, 2D games are not suitable for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to The Magicbox, Herman also said Wii will receive the most software support from SNK.

From MagicBox

Basically the interview says no Metal Slug in Metal Slug Anthology but it is likely to appear on Wii only.A new game is confirmed and although Igarashi says he likes the control but it doesn't suit Castlevania.

Thoughts?

"On a final note, SNK Playmore USA president Ben Herman discussed the company's future plans, saying the Metal Slug Anthology for Wii and PSP will not include Metal Slug 6, but that the title in question would likely see release on a Nintendo platform since, according to Herman, 2D games are not suitable for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. According to The Magicbox, Herman also said Wii will receive the most software support from SNK."

Awesome!

Then why not use the GameCube controllers and/or shell? Sheesh, these people.

For a second I thought "Igarashi stated Castlevania does not fit with Wii, because the Wii market is for people who want to have new experience;" was going to continue to say "and we don't want to do anything new."

Translation: If the Wii's a sucess we'll make a game for it, we don't want to take a risk.

QFT

I hate companies like that. "Can't be bothered to make some special or different for the Wii so we will release it for the system that will make the most money. What? Multiplatform? I don't understand..."

QFT

I hate companies like that. "Can't be bothered to make some special or different for the Wii so we will release it for the system that will make the most money. What? Multiplatform? I don't understand..."

Yeah...That pisses me off too. Don't they realise that the more great games there are on the system, the better it will be recieved.

i.e. MAKE A CASTLEVANIA GAME FOR IT AND IT WILL DO BETTER!!!

I mean come on, even if he can't be bothered to think up new ideas, a normal game would be perfectly recieved. Wouldn't anyone prefer that the Wii got another game, even if it were normal, rather than no game at all.

How irratating - Wii fans dont want long games!?!? This is fucking stupid and ignorant, we want all types of games. Playing old games in a new way excites me even more than playing new games!!! Wanker!!

Yeah "These types of people"?! WTF....The machine isn't ONLY for old people & new gamers and such.

Hasn't he ever heard of Metroid Prime: Corruption & Zelda: Twilight Princess!?...The two biggest launch titles for the Wii, and they're BOTH lengthy games.