NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
small tac

Australian PS3 price point Confirmed

Yeah i know what you mean! The machine is HUGE and the 20GB package is lacking in alot of key features.

I reckon the price will come down though....i have a feeling.

Yeah... right

Its the same height of the 360 and pretty much the same thickness.

Key features missing ok a few things for memory card sticks and wifi and the HDMI output.

I don't need wifi, i don't need memory sticks and it still does HD output as an analogue signal not the digital thats included in the more expensive bundel

Its the size of the HS drive I wwould like a PS3 with the basic version and the 60 GB HDD.

That would be perfect

it still does HD output as an analogue signal not the digital thats included in the more expensive bundel

Gives you a pretty poor image in comparison though no? It's not gonna make much difference on the Wii or a Cube but on an HD console? And after all this push to have the best graphical power possible... disappointing.

Well its still going to look good on a HDTV even if the signal is analogue and not digital.

Lack of HDMI on the 20GB model isn't really a problem anyway. HDTVs that will suipport 1080 are a long way from becoming standard. No real need for HDMI in the next few years, only probllem is if you go without it now when you do need it you won't be able to upgrade.

Lack of HDMI on the 20GB model isn't really a problem anyway. HDTVs that will suipport 1080 are a long way from becoming standard. No real need for HDMI in the next few years, only probllem is if you go without it now when you do need it you won't be able to upgrade.

I think it's quite big problem for a console that has been hyping amazing HD graphic, it also means that people with 20g versions will still be paying for the hd in the games, even though they won't and never could use that feature.

Also sony had a go at microsoft for being confussing with 2 verisons, and that was just a hard drive, not important features, such as wi-fi, HD output, and hard-drive size.

At least HHD is standard though and bigger sized discs are used, equaling better episodic content and bigger games

At least HHD is standard though and bigger sized discs are used, equaling better episodic content and bigger games

They really have you don't they?

All increased media size will do is rank up dev costs, load times and games prices. Devs are already fleeing the system because it's a bastard to dev for. But hey! Ya know, it's gonna be great because they can keep you playing/paying for GTA til the end of time.

All increased media size will do is rank up dev costs, load times and games prices. Devs are already fleeing the system because it's a bastard to dev for. But hey! Ya know, it's gonna be great because they can keep you playing/paying for GTA til the end of time.

Its great, GTA4 will have episodic content, which does utilise the hard drive and all, i may also add the episode content is exclusive to the xbox 360 :hehe:

Episodic Content? Where have i heard this one before...

omg0qr.jpg

Oh yeah, my Steam games list.

(Sorry about the terrible paint job)

1.Devs won't flee as there visions can trully be realised

2.Bigger size discs = more expansive worlds = same normal load time

3.Developers have said thats an urban myth, devs that say that are just affraid of actually working on their games.

Oh and to answer that 'other' question its actually not for gta4 its for Rockstar products meaning table tennis or other ips, incl gta4 Iguess that means you'll just get gamerpics in reality.

2.Bigger size discs = more expansive worlds = same normal load time

You must be bloody joking, Blu ray drives are INCREDIBLY slow. This is the reason there has to be a HDD. The PS3 has to cache everything just like the old XBOX to save on loading times. Hell, don't be supprised if you have to dump a large portion of the game to the HDD before you can even start playing.

Ninja Gaiden does this, it takes about 3 minutes... and that was a 3.2GB game.

Imagine this on a huge BD, exactly. Also more expansive worlds? It doesn't mean that it means they can use more size for their textures meaning better ones or just sloppier ones. The fact is Bluray isn't gunna catch on, its too expensive and Microsoft isn't gunna support it for Vista. Its not like Sony have the best track record for introducing file formats... or do you want me to make a list?

2.Bigger size discs = more expensive worlds

Altered for truth.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Altered for truth.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Too goddamn right!

I had a discussion about this back on C-E and how minimalist specs, memory and media space stop game makers getting sloppy and being shit in general. People know that if they make a Wii game it won't be sold on graphics alone, it must be a fun and interesting game with good gameplay. You can't get away with a graphics-whore fest in those kind of conditions.

Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen! (Only to devs, women will kill you!)

You must be bloody joking, Blu ray drives are INCREDIBLY slow.

Proof please.

Even if they are slow, the fact the game caches from Hard disk means the game will load fast. Who cares if it does this, its automatic and Hard disk is standard.

Ive put my $100 deposit down for my pre-order, only another $899 to go.

Blue Ray will ensure that the system sells, as for $999 its a cheap player, plus you get a free PC (Linux) as well.

Proof please.

According to reports i've seen around sites that cover different formats 1X Bluray is about 6X DVD in terms of data retrival and spinning speed. I can't find the links and i've googled with no results... I've found it through slashdot previously so, meh.

The fact is 6X DVD is okay for a DVD... because theres not much on it but theres alot more data on a BD. Its not physically larger its more really about how the information is placed onto the disk. Its a really weird concept these new HD-DVD and Bluray. Its just initial tests say it doesn't exactly load quick, even normal BD movies.

Going back to the issue of who'll buy it, it'll be interesting to see what will happen to the "teen" gamers. Some have money to burn, but I reckon most will find it hard to raise that much, just for the hardware.

For the adult population, I reckon the main pull will be the brand name. If the brand is attractive, and that you enjoy gaming, it's easy enough to put it on a credit card even if you can't afford it. But, bearing in mind, many in Britain consider gaming as a geeky thing. It's been changing, but there is still a stigma attached to pulling out a PSP in a busy tube on the way to work wearing a smart dark suit. iPod, which is often compared to PS3 recently, don't have such social problems. An average joe will likely find PS3 too expensive, when weighing all odds.

It'll be a planned shopping at any rate. I don't think many will "impulse-buy" PS3. That leaves the core group -hardcore console gamers - who will buy PS3. I think there will be a fanatical following who will fund PS3. It will be successful, I think, but not because of the majority support.

Unless of course, SONY drops the price by a large margin as a strategy... ;)

Flaight: i tries to read your post but your sig was too good to not be stared at for a long period of time.

Rokhed: class pure class.

Sony: Fuck off you money stealing graphics whore.

wow who would of thought that consoles would get up to $1000 crazy world nowadays

Would be nice if you could change the thread title to: UK & Austra...

£425 in the UK says Sony UK in an official press release.

This is for the fully fitted 60gb/wireless/media centre edition.

the playstation 3 is gonna sell out here, its a fact, its the next "cool" thing and you know how english and probably american consumers are like with things that are cool and trendy. even if its utter garbage if it makes their cock look twice as big then they will purchase.

Actually, PS3 is probably going to sell better in the UK than anywhere else, same as PSP, because america has a certain lack of the breed of neanderthal we call "chavs," and they'll probably account for most of the PS3 sales...

Sorry to disappoint read the small print it says "up to manufactures confirmation"

I think over here they could easily charge £349.99 for the the 20GB, and £449.99 for the 60GB

May I point something out the prices are relative to dispossable income and exchange rates. Plus if you pay more for a product it reduces extreme shortages - we'll still see shortages but not to the extent of 360 that was underpriced in the market. Then whe demand falls Sony will cut the price of it.

it seems unlikely that they would charge that much.I think the price will reduce slightly before release just like the ps2 did.But a GRAND!

Sign in to follow this