NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
small tac

Australian PS3 price point Confirmed

The Melbourne Sun newspaper has announced the basic PS3 will be a $830 AUD and the top model PS3 will be $1000 AUD.

UK Price is bad enough:

ps3pre7ky.jpg

Sorry to disappoint read the small print it says "up to manufactures confirmation"

I think over here they could easily charge £349.99 for the the 20GB, and £449.99 for the 60GB

May I point something out the prices are relative to dispossable income and exchange rates. Plus if you pay more for a product it reduces extreme shortages - we'll still see shortages but not to the extent of 360 that was underpriced in the market. Then whe demand falls Sony will cut the price of it.

Or they might do what they did with PS2 and make it £499 and £599.

Change $ sign to £ sign.

Its still cheap in relative terms for the tech thats in it I shall be buying it probs early 2007 at the mo.

Its still cheap in relative terms for the tech thats in it.

But incredibly expensive for a toy.

People will still buy it if people would pay a £1000 on launch day for a 360 on e-bay, as its closer to the point at demand = suply equilbrium point.

As Jeff Gertzman says "Early adopters are the crazy people"

My Gamestation has four already preordered and it's not officially meant to start until tomorrow (preordering in store).

I was quite surprised and shocked at the same time, as my area has one of the highest unemployed rates in Essex and £425 is alot of cash.

The man behind the till even stated his going to get his preorder in quick as there seems to be alot of buzz surrounding it.

I purely think it's two things: 'Sony' and 'Playstation'. Alot of the people which aren't 100% in the know with the consoles etc.. will most probably go with Playstation as it seems to be well-known, epsicially with parents. but i can't see alot of parents buying their children a £425 + games for christmas or something....

Perhaps it's the hardcore Sony fans which have got their orders in now?

I don't know....

My Gamestation has four already preordered and it's not officially meant to start until tomorrow (preordering in store).

I was quite surprised and shocked at the same time, as my area has one of the highest unemployed rates in Essex and £425 is alot of cash.

The man behind the till even stated his going to get his preorder in quick as there seems to be alot of buzz surrounding it.

I purely think it's two things: 'Sony' and 'Playstation'. Alot of the people which aren't 100% in the know with the consoles etc.. will most probably go with Playstation as it seems to be well-known, epsicially with parents. but i can't see alot of parents buying their children a £425 + games for christmas or something....

Perhaps it's the hardcore Sony fans which have got their orders in now?

I don't know....

There's a lot of buzz surrounding it?

Anyone else shocked by this breaking news?

There's a lot of buzz surrounding it?

Anyone else shocked by this breaking news?

Are you being sarcastic? :heh:;)

No seriously, he stated that many people are interested in buying it, which really surprised me! Although being interested is totally different to actually buying it, so we will see when the first sale figures come in....

My area is full of Playstation lovers anyway, you can just tell... :D

Are you being sarcastic? :heh:;)

No seriously, he stated that many people are interested in buying it, which really surprised me! Although being interested is totally different to actually buying it, so we will see when the first sale figures come in....

My area is full of Playstation lovers anyway, you can just tell... :D

Hehe, yeah, it was sarcasm. At the moment, we're just hearing bad news after bad news with the PS3. If it's not the price, it's the controller which is causing a rift. If it's not the controller, it's the size of the machine. If it's not the size, it's the fact that their leaving out a number of 'key' features in their 'cheaper' package. You see what i'm getting at?

the playstation 3 is gonna sell out here, its a fact, its the next "cool" thing and you know how english and probably american consumers are like with things that are cool and trendy. even if its utter garbage if it makes their cock look twice as big then they will purchase.

Hehe, yeah, it was sarcasm. At the moment, we're just hearing bad news after bad news with the PS3. If it's not the price, it's the controller which is causing a rift. If it's not the controller, it's the size of the machine. If it's not the size, it's the fact that their leaving out a number of 'key' features in their 'cheaper' package. You see what i'm getting at?

Yeah i know what you mean! The machine is HUGE and the 20GB package is lacking in alot of key features.

I reckon the price will come down though....i have a feeling.

the playstation 3 is gonna sell out here, its a fact, its the next "cool" thing and you know how english and probably american consumers are like with things that are cool and trendy. even if its utter garbage if it makes their cock look twice as big then they will purchase.

No doubt about that. But, i still don't think there's a real buzz surrounding this console at all. Things will change as it gets closer to launch.

No doubt about that. But, i still don't think there's a real buzz surrounding this console at all. Things will change as it gets closer to launch.

You see, people saying Nintendo "won" e3. now thats all well and good, 90% of real gamers are gonna buy a wii garunteed, and having second thoughts on the ps3, but u see, gamers are a minority compared to the real consumers.

winning e3 means jackshit.

what kinda buzz are u talking about? a positive or a negative?

When i said 'buzz' i generally meant in my local area. He didn't state theres a real buzz surrounding it in Europe or the world. He just said from people's opinion in my local Gamestation.

Oh and it could well of been both positive and negative.

:)

Lets make an analysis.

i am basing it on this country

now this is no dig at xbox 360, but ill take gadget show.

the bald wanker was reviewing it, he claims that driving towards the crowd, thus making the crowd run off was "next gen".

then theres that tom dunmore, now if there is the wanker of wankers then its this guy, he will lick the balls of anything with the words Sony or Apple on them, simple because these things look good/have the brand name. Now these people dont care about the price, they will buy it just to be in fasion.

my point being is this

that is the 90% of the english population. or so

You see, people saying Nintendo "won" e3. now thats all well and good, 90% of real gamers are gonna buy a wii garunteed, and having second thoughts on the ps3, but u see, gamers are a minority compared to the real consumers.

what kinda buzz are u talking about? a positive or a negative?

If you look back at Owen's post, he says: "The man behind the till even stated his going to get his preorder in quick as there seems to be alot of buzz surrounding it."

So, a positive buzz.

You're right, E3 only really applies to the gamers. But, when you consider that Nintendo have had articles printed in the Sun AND the BBC after "winning" E3, (good, positive articles i might add) then you have to say that having a good E3 showing is important.

Owen: Ahh, i see now. :) It'll definitely differ from area to area. Only time will tell how this plays out, i guess.

That's a good point. It should be obvious by know though, but who cares, it's looking good for nintendo right now so live the moment ^-

Sign in to follow this